Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #30571
KansasBob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
Same

Registration and proof of insurance in my wallet and my wallet goes everywhere I go.
I scanned my registration into my lap top, shrunk it down to 1/4 the size, printed it out, and it folds exactly around my insurance card. With 4 tagged bikes I needed to do something or end up with wallet like George Costanza.
KansasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #30572
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire

Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post
So most seem to prefer the Carbon, some like Gripper (I don't want Gripper). Has anybody used the "Plain: A nice leather grain vinyl similar to some stock seats"?

I thought the plain would look good in contrast with the Carbon top.

Glenn - that blue looks very close to your plastics, but someone else noted it isn't. a match In your photo, is that a WRR, or WRF?

Arren't they all the same shade of blue? Mine's a WR450F. I'm not trying to sell anybody here on a my bike, but they look almost the same, and I had the seat pics to share. Here's a side shot so you can see the color match. I think it matches well.

I wouldn't get the gripper either if I wasn't mainly using the bike offroad. I had the carbon on the sides of my DRZ seat, and I wasn't all that impressed with the "fake carbon fiber" look.

One of the nicest Seat Concepts seat that I recall seeing was on a KTM. I don't remember exactly the fabrics used, but it had orange threading which really looked good. It might have had the "pinprick" leather fabric, that has a refined look IMO. I'm sure you could get blue or white threading if you asked.

GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #30573
TrailDust&SaddleLthr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Locking Compartment for Papers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickInVA View Post
Where are you storing your documents (insurance & registration card) on your bike? I didn't see a good spot for them.
Here ya go...

http://www.aerostich.com/license-pla...mpartment.html
TrailDust&SaddleLthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #30574
Joe Watson
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpididump View Post
I think it looks awesome, regardless any effects on wind drag, top speed, fuel consumption, whether positive or negative.

Curious to know more about it. Is it KTM OEM or aftermarket? Much fab work to make it fit? Spendy?

Thanks mate, I am really happy with the results too! It turned out better than I had hoped! It is a OEM 640 Adventure fairing. There was a HEAP of custom fab work to make it fit. I will update my build log with a bit of a step by step soon. It wasn't too pricey as I did it all myself, the costs were the fairing and the headlights, the rest of it was scrap aluminium and steel that I had and a couple of bolts etc.
Joe Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #30575
mudmojo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post
For those of you who have a Seat Concepts already, what cover material(s) do you have, and why would you buy (or not) it again?
I ordered the low height all carbon and inquired about white side panels. Robert gladly obliged.

Don't mind the bird poo.

Before ordering my seat I read that the low height seat sloped down towards the gas tank ever so slightly. Knowing that I'd maximize my time on the fatter part of the seat when actually riding but would still need to slide ahead to the nose of the seating area when stopping to reach the ground more comfortably, I decided to get the all carbon cover. Was not totally convinced by the pebbled grippy cover of the Spiral Seat so figured I'd avoid it on the Seat Concepts.

Very satisfied with this seat so far. Would buy again but wondering what a Sargent would feel like.

If you're in TO, we can meet up and you can try it out on my bike if you think it would help you make a decision. PM me if interested.
mudmojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:57 AM   #30576
Mike_drz
Banned

Oddometer: 402
Looks very comforte splended
Mike_drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:58 AM   #30577
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
Arren't they all the same shade of blue? Mine's a WR450F. I'm not trying to sell anybody here on a my bike, but they look almost the same, and I had the seat pics to share. Here's a side shot so you can see the color match. I think it matches well.

One of the nicest Seat Concepts seat that I recall seeing was on a KTM. I don't remember exactly the fabrics used, but it had orange threading which really looked good. It might have had the "pinprick" leather fabric, that has a refined look IMO. I'm sure you could get blue or white threading if you asked.
Thanks Glenn. I noticed this AM that you originally stated the photo was your WRF. I didn't think you were selling, and appreciate the feedback.

What I think is interesting is the Seat Concepts FAQ notes the Plain vinyl is a leather-like finish similar to OEM seats, and apparently nobody here has used it.

There is a thread on the WR250 forum by a guy thinking to swap the WRR for a WRF, and I posted there that you have a dual-sported WR450F and he should look at your posts here on ADV.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:02 AM   #30578
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,779
Wow that white is pretty! My guess is it won't stay looking like that though (at least your name suggests otherwise).

Nice offer for me to check yours out. I am in TO, and I'll PM you with my e-mail so we can chat off-line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudmojo View Post
I ordered the low height all carbon and inquired about white side panels. Robert gladly obliged.

Don't mind the bird poo.

Before ordering my seat I read that the low height seat sloped down towards the gas tank ever so slightly. Knowing that I'd maximize my time on the fatter part of the seat when actually riding but would still need to slide ahead to the nose of the seating area when stopping to reach the ground more comfortably, I decided to get the all carbon cover. Was not totally convinced by the pebbled grippy cover of the Spiral Seat so figured I'd avoid it on the Seat Concepts.

Very satisfied with this seat so far. Would buy again but wondering what a Sargent would feel like.

If you're in TO, we can meet up and you can try it out on my bike if you think it would help you make a decision. PM me if interested.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #30579
Mike_drz
Banned

Oddometer: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudmojo View Post

Don't mind the bird poo.

humm, I do think the white give better grip while standing, carbon "look" is a pretty slicky fiber to slide around body position.
Mike_drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:10 AM   #30580
Gfacter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
I see this Thread is going to cost me $$. The stock seat feels like a 2x4.
Gfacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #30581
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfacter View Post
The best mod you can make to the bike is a new seat, I went with a Renazco tall seat that I scored in the Flea Market it is fantastic. I did a 4,000 mile trip into Baja and Home to oregon this may and that seat and the big fuel tank were the best mods I made.

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 AM   #30582
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,979
+1 on Renazco if ya got the clams...

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #30583
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfacter View Post
Try riding a DRZ for any length of time.....WRR seat feels much better. I stand most times when riding offroad..but if I am gonna sit for a length of time, like I did, on one of my trips, on WRR, I got and modified one of these ATV seat covers from Walmart. Works perfect and under $20.

DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #30584
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Try riding a DRZ for any length of time.....WRR seat feels much better. I stand most times when riding offroad..but if I am gonna sit for a length of time, like I did, on one of my trips, on WRR, I got and modified one of these ATV seat covers from Walmart. Works perfect and under $20.
what department exactly? Online?

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #30585
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
what department exactly? Online?
It is in limited stores

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-AT...ector/16777864

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote