DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
what department exactly? Online?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al View Post
Yeah, looks like they are not selling it as much as they used to when I bought mine, at the local Wally World.

Amazon has them too. They are made by "Stearns".

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page...20Seat%20Cover
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #30587
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 3,021
Dude - your seat looks like shit . I'd be loading up my pellet gun if birds were doing that to mine. Love the colors, looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudmojo View Post
I ordered the low height all carbon and inquired about white side panels. Robert gladly obliged.

Don't mind the bird poo.

Before ordering my seat I read that the low height seat sloped down towards the gas tank ever so slightly. Knowing that I'd maximize my time on the fatter part of the seat when actually riding but would still need to slide ahead to the nose of the seating area when stopping to reach the ground more comfortably, I decided to get the all carbon cover. Was not totally convinced by the pebbled grippy cover of the Spiral Seat so figured I'd avoid it on the Seat Concepts.

Very satisfied with this seat so far. Would buy again but wondering what a Sargent would feel like.

If you're in TO, we can meet up and you can try it out on my bike if you think it would help you make a decision. PM me if interested.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #30588
thumpididump
MacGyver

Oddometer: 2,584
Ride report from my recent trip in Colorado.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825728
thumpididump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #30589
Gfacter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Yeah, looks like they are not selling it as much as they used to when I bought mine, at the local Wally World.

Amazon has them too. They are made by "Stearns".

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page...20Seat%20Cover
$20.00 is worth a try, I have a Sargent seat on my VFR it has served me well. but I will try one of these first
Gfacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #30590
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfacter View Post
$20.00 is worth a try, I have a Sargent seat on my VFR it has served me well. but I will try one of these first
Yeah, its worth the cost saving venture. The WRR is different things for different people. I know a lot of guys ride miles and miles of tame terrain, and sit in the seat 95% of the time. Some guys, like me, like to use the WRR to ride terrain where I could not take my street bike, and depending on what I am riding, I'll stand 50-90% of the time. So, a expensive seat is not a necessity for me.

I am cheap too, so this pad thing works great for the WRR, and bicycle shorts( under riding pants) work well for long days in the saddle on the street bike,
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #30591
freetors
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 856
I don't find the stock seat all that uncomfortable. I've done 200+ mile rides and my butt wasn't the most painful part.
freetors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #30592
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetors View Post
I don't find the stock seat all that uncomfortable. I've done 200+ mile rides and my butt wasn't the most painful part.
Hell, I've done two 250 mile days back to back. The seat's fine. IMHO I figured out years ago it was easier and cheaper to toughen up my ass than buy a different seat for every bike.

Current bikes F800GS-EXCF350-Versys-690R-RZ350
sieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #30593
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,899
Well, 400 to 500 mile days get a bit wearisome with the stock seat.
Went with Seat Concepts... pretty darn comfortable for a dirt bike seat.
Old 09-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #30594
GlennR
Playin' in the Fire

Oddometer: 1,993
Everybody's butts are different.... Some have more padding than others!!
GlennR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #30595
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,080
Bluhduh NoWorkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSU View Post
I just did this today and mine was at -4 I moved it to 0 and now I can pop wheelies on accident haha! all I am adding is pictures to this tutorial, all credit is due to TwilightZone, Dirtytrixx400 and GSBS

To access the controls for making these changes, you must first make a jumper wire to ground (did mine to the negative battery terminal) from the "extra" black wire in the connector for the lean angle sensor underneath the seat. There are three wires on one side of the connector that are used by the LAS and another black one on the opposite side that connects to nothing. This is probably used by the dealer to connect to Yamaha's diagnostic software.

OSU:(Here is the lean angle sensor under the seat.)

OSU:(There is the one lone black wire on this side of the connector.)

OSU:(Here is the other side, you need to jump the black wire to the ground wire on this side as seen in these next pictures.)

1. Hold down the "reset" and "select 1" buttons on the insturment cluster at the same time and Turn on the key (but don't press the starter button) while continuing to hold these two buttons. After 8 seconds the display will read "diag"

2. Once in the "diag" screen, press the "select 1" button only. The display will change to "CO"

3. Press both "reset" and "select 1" again (same as step 1) and after 3 seconds the display will show "0" on the left and "C1" on the right.

4. Again press both "reset" and "select 1" for another three seconds and the display changes to "C1" at top right with a number shown below. This number is the current CO setting (it will be somewhere from -30 to +30)
OSU:(mine was at -4 stock and I think 0 is the best setting if you are bone stock because I went to 1 and I couldn't do
wheelies so I put it back to 0)

6. Now start the bike. At the top left you'll have a digital tachometer. Also, while in this mode no mileage is recorded on the odometer. OSU:(you will need to remove the jumper and plug the connector back in in order to start to bike.)

7. To change a setting, use the "select 1" button to make the numbers higher (+) or the "reset" button to make them lower (-). When you turn off the ignition the bike is set to whatever number you had set at that time.

OSU:(I am not the original writer of this I just added pictures all credit is do to TwilightZone, Dirtytrixx400 and GSBS)
I don't know about anyone else, but my bike won't start in the C1 diagnostic mode.
I tried this three times.
Plugged the leveler module in hot with the key on and mode set, etc., made sure I replaced the leveler in it's proper "UP" position.
Would not start.
Switched the key off then back on, started right up each time....

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #30596
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,122
Wierd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but my bike won't start in the C1 diagnostic mode.
I tried this three times.
Plugged the leveler module in hot with the key on and mode set, etc., made sure I replaced the leveler in it's proper "UP" position.
Would not start.
Switched the key off then back on, started right up each time....
Mine started no problem... it was already set at 0 though
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:43 AM   #30597
sequent
South Australia's own....

Oddometer: 470
My WR250R rally bike, built for the 2012 Australasian Safari.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #30598
Joe Watson
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,030
WOW WOW WOW!!! Very very well done mate, looks amazing!! Do you have more detailed pictures of your nav tower mount? Does it come off the steering head or off the triple clamps?

Here is my version of a rallye bike, hopefully participating in a few small races at the end of this year and doing the Condo 750 next year:

I know, I need to get better pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequent View Post
My WR250R rally bike, built for the 2012 Australasian Safari.

Joe Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:44 AM   #30599
sequent
South Australia's own....

Oddometer: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Watson View Post
WOW WOW WOW!!! Very very well done mate, looks amazing!! Do you have more detailed pictures of your nav tower mount? Does it come off the steering head or off the triple clamps?

Here is my version of a rallye bike, hopefully participating in a few small races at the end of this year and doing the Condo 750 next year:

I've been following your build - I'd love to have a steering head mounted fairing etc, but this was kind of a last-minute decision to race, so I've gone with the Rally Management Services mount that comes off the bars, plus a F2R roadbook and Touratech IMO mounted to a piece of alloy plate, suitably bent - the same set-up I used on my XR400 in the 2010 Safari. Have a back-up Trailtech Vector mounted to the bars too, plus an integrated F2R remote roadbook and IMO control mounted on the bars. Running the Scotts steering damper sub-mount kit as well.

The other mods are: FMF header, exhaust and programmer, Shorai lithium battery (saves 1.5kg!), RAD hubs on Excel rims with heavy duty spokes (running mousse tubes), Safari tank (with a Nomad 4 litre rear tank for longer stages), B&B bashplate and guards, Chaingang rear sprocket (for a WR250F, fitted using countersunk sprocket bolts), Sandman case saver and countershaft cover, Lightspeed front disc guard, fitted an alloy WR250F sidestand to replace the very heavy steel sidestand that comes standard (almost bolts on, need the long WR250F spring and need to Dremel off the stand stop from the WR250F stand), Seat Concepts low seat, Renthal oversize bars, ASV clutch lever (I have a set of Zeta levers but will keep them for spares), a Screens For Bikes high-impact screen and ProFast headlight lens protector, a set of BarkBuster Storm handguards and finally a set of MK3 Pivot Pegs.

I'm looking to carry on racing the WRR in next years rally season (Condo, Yilgarn and Safari) plus the 24-hour reliability trial in SA as well. See you at Condo..!

sequent screwed with this post 09-14-2012 at 05:44 AM
sequent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #30600
japako
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Watson View Post

I read your build report and you have done some nice things.
On this page I noticed you have different wind screen on.
Would you tell me what screen you started with and any other info that might help. I really like that.
japako is offline   Reply With Quote