Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #30901
NL-Patrick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpididump View Post
I've been thinking about buying a set of Wolfman racks for my WR. Have them on my DR and they're great. Too bad you're not on this side of the pond.
Don't know what the shipping costs will be ?! It could use a little paint because there is some rust on the rack.

Gr Patrick
NL-Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #30902
thumpididump
MacGyver

Oddometer: 2,530
I don't know, but I'm sure the shipping costs from Europe to Canada would be rather costly, especially for a bulky package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL-Patrick View Post
Don't know what the shipping costs will be ?! It could use a little paint because there is some rust on the rack.

Gr Patrick
thumpididump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #30903
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewerat View Post
Just noticed that I lost my right side cover sometime in the last week. :( and it was the one with my DrCool sticker on it. Now I need to figure out if I want a new colour or stay with stock blue and white.
I think Dave would appreciate the irony of it being lost somewhere on the road.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #30904
Gfacter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
Heading out to Primm/Bar 10 with this Fall's CORE Crew........report/pics to follow

http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/core-calendar/view/21

Looks like a awesome ride.
Gfacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #30905
cozmo2312
Canyon Carver

Oddometer: 240
hope cross posting is ok. I sold my X to Eddie/epic motorsports, and while I was sad to see it go, he's doing some nice things to it.

40hp all motor.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...!!!-UP-TO-40hp!!

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...it-development!

My Prints for sale
cozmo2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #30906
pfy50
Professional nOOb

Oddometer: 464
Power Loss problem

Hey guys,

I was out for a equipment check ride and seem to have loss top end. I have the usual mods AIS,Flapper, Open airbox, FMF Power bomb and Q4 muffler, and FMF programmer set @ 3.3.(1.5).8.4.4. The engine check light came on for about 5 minutes and I seem to have no W.O.T. I have it geared @ 13/43 Stock and can barely get up to 70-71mph and 8500rpm max; I had it gear up to 13/47 and have had it up to mid 80's previously. I'm suspecting a problem with the FMF fuel programmer (only 2 months old).
Anyone have any ideas or a similar problem or post that was corrected.?
pfy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #30907
SuperD!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
Heading out to Primm/Bar 10 with this Fall's CORE Crew........report/pics to follow

http://crawdadoffroadevents.com/core-calendar/view/21

THAT is near Primm?!
SuperD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #30908
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfy50 View Post
Hey guys,

I was out for a equipment check ride and seem to have loss top end. I have the usual mods AIS,Flapper, Open airbox, FMF Power bomb and Q4 muffler, and FMF programmer set @ 3.3.(1.5).8.4.4. The engine check light came on for about 5 minutes and I seem to have no W.O.T. I have it geared @ 13/43 Stock and can barely get up to 70-71mph and 8500rpm max; I had it gear up to 13/47 and have had it up to mid 80's previously. I'm suspecting a problem with the FMF fuel programmer (only 2 months old).
Anyone have any ideas or a similar problem or post that was corrected.?
Check your air filter...
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #30909
doxbike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
I found a local 2010 WR250R with just over 350 miles on it with an asking price of $3600. Thought it sounded good and with all the great reviews on here and elsewhere, I went to look at it and was disappointed as could be. My XT225 (that I shouldn't have sold) handled so much better and easier that I couldn't believe it. Handle bars seem very narrow and bike feels very short in the wheelbase).Very twitchy and wouldn't hold a line worth a damn in the corners (pavement). Owner is clueless, thought he raised it by putting 18" tires on it (front was 21"), didn't look at the back. He has made no mods except dull black decals over the blue and white graphics. He said it was really fast and had had it to 115 mph?? Seemed really doggy to me. What am I missing here?
doxbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #30910
Nice_Rumble
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxbike View Post
I found a local 2010 WR250R with just over 350 miles on it with an asking price of $3600.
Great price with low miles.
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #30911
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,890
Quote:
I found a local 2010 WR250R with just over 350 miles on it with an asking price of $3600. Thought it sounded good and with all the great reviews on here and elsewhere, I went to look at it and was disappointed as could be. My XT225 (that I shouldn't have sold) handled so much better and easier that I couldn't believe it. Handle bars seem very narrow and bike feels very short in the wheelbase).Very twitchy and wouldn't hold a line worth a damn in the corners (pavement). Owner is clueless, thought he raised it by putting 18" tires on it (front was 21"), didn't look at the back. He has made no mods except dull black decals over the blue and white graphics. He said it was really fast and had had it to 115 mph?? Seemed really doggy to me. What am I missing here?
Did you take any pictures of the bike in question? Sounds like the seller may have cluelessly tinkered with other parts of the bike too.
skierd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #30912
Gfacter
Adventurer

Quote:
115? I don't think so.

Might just need new tires or even just more air in them?
Old 10-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #30913
Gfacter
Adventurer

I tried the EFI mod today,

my stock bike was set to 0 from the Factory, I bumped it to 2, mid range is stronger and I got the front end to loft w/o the clutch so progress!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=25170
Old 10-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #30914
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,122
good price

Quote:
My wr suffered the same way as this one.... PO, good intentions, and stupid as the day is long, really F*cked up the suspension settings height adjustments and compression/dampening settings. My dad bought it first, and I helped with the adjusting of the fork and shock ride height while on a trip in the U.P. Results where overwhelmingly positive, twitchiness was gone, handling was night and day. We got the compression/dampening better too, but not great.

Fast forward 1.5 years later, my dad sold it to me as is and cheap ($2200). I figured the back shock was blown by the way it rode, searched the internet for a good baseline start for settings and dialed them in on the whole bike. Problem solved, that was this March and I have since put on 6000 miles this season. I did add some farkles from my old bike, wider bars etc

Power wise, coming from an xt225 it should have been night and day. Did you get it into the higher rpms? If you drive it like a crf230L (similar to an xt225) and keep the RPMs low to mid it will feel like a dog
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #30915
woofer2609
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 682
Quote:
My exact impressions of the wr coming from an xt225. I keeping my 225 until I have really tuned the wr to fit my needs.
The price sure sounds right. The XT has gobs of low end torque, which is what is missing from the wr's, but I'm assuming that either the xt is the most underappreciated gem in the world, or wr's just need to be tuned in to the rider for full enjoyment, hence all their popularity (and 2100! pages on this thread)
I hope/think the latter.
woofer2609 is offline   Reply With Quote