Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 05:51 AM   #31051
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdr View Post
Thanks for the info.. Yea I'll probably take your advice and just leave my shock as is and just raise as needed once the link is changed. I'll probably just move the clamps as high as they go on the forks.
Thanks again and I'll let you know if I decide to let go of the link
Perhaps you could find a local buyer for the link with a new or unmolested bike, and do the swap together? He could see the link installed, and you could see the factory set-up.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #31052
bearcat1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
I've owned a KLR among many other DS bikes...

I've probably been in a similar boat as your WR450 when I had a tagged KTM 520. Fun on the technical trails and stuff, but when it ever it came to a long road jaunt...

I most recently had a Husky TE-610 near the beginning of this year that I put 4k miles on in 3 months... I decided to sell it and try the WR250R instead.

I can tell you coming from a Husky TE-610 to a WR250R, especially at 6'4"/240lbs was quite the change, but I am overall thrilled with my choice. So far I'm loving the WRR and on the dual sport stuff..
Thanks BlueLghtnig for taking the time to write that up. I'm all over the board for my next dual sport. It is good to read feedback on the various bikes folks have owned.
bearcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #31053
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaymienRules View Post
Has anyone tried a 7.5wt fork oil? My clickers are maxed, and its time to replace the oil.
Have found for me synthetic ATF works well.
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #31054
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,790
This was funny:

I helped a local enduro club this weekend, with a side tangent of the event for big bikes. One of the guys likes to add to events where he can, a modified enduro route,so guys with the big BMW's and KTM( 950's, 990's, etc), can run too, but not have to deal with the really tight stuff.

So I was waiting at my final check point for the big bikes, and some of the "regular" enduro guys were there with their bikes, setting up their check. Of course, they were all on KTM two strokes. I was using my WR250R.

I was explaining to them that I personally do not get involved with enduros, and prefer hare scrambles. Almost at the same time, two of the guys asked which bike I used, and were shocked when I pointed to the trusty WRR. None of them could believe that I finished a hare scramble with the WRR, much less finished ahead of some people( not many...but some ).

I am contemplating starting to call the bike G&G...gas and go. For the most part, that is all I have to do.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #31055
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 745
Look what I did to my tire!

Look what I did to my tire!

I knew I hated this tire when it was on the bike originally. I tried to see if my skills had improved enough to compensate for the horrible tire, but it had not. I still found myself sliding around and I did not like the feel of it. I was either going to do something about it or throw the tire out. With money tight I kept on wondering about regrooving the tires or using a tire knife to cut grooves of some sort. It was then that I saw a post on a rock climbing forum about cutting grooves with a a set of rotary punches. I picked up a set at Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...set-67030.html

I was amazed how easy it was to cut through the rubber and make the grooves. I used the next to smallest punch. It took about 30 minutes or so to do this tire. I even checked the balance when I was done and did not mess up the balance really any at all. Your results may vary.

I tried them out this past weekend with great results. I had pretty good feel out of the front tire and no real traction problems with it. I was on single track trails and double track trails where some parts were sticky clay mud and it still did well.

I understand that this could be dangerous to modify a tire. I made sure to only cut the blocks and never cut near the carcass of the tire. I will be watching it for cracks and tread separation. The cuts are also round so that they do not have any stress concentrations due to sharp cut angles.

By the way, does anyone have a Trail Wing TW301 front tire that they hate and would like to get rid of for the price of shipping?

On a side note: I am getting used to the Shinko SR241 rear tire and I think that I really like it. I was amazed how well it climbed over roots and up hills on my last ride. The only problem I had was that it spun on my aluminum ramp when I was loading it into the truck.
2008 SYM HD200

duanew1 screwed with this post 10-15-2012 at 11:04 AM
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #31056
gmtech
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
anybody orderd 3.7l safari tank lately? like in the last month
i ordered one from just gastanks sept2nd a week later they called and said they were waiting for "hardwear kit"
from safari and it would be 4-6 weeks i called back today and first they couldnt find my order... then they found it and told me it would be another 4 weeks and thats all they could tell me?
they billed me for the tank tho a day after i ordered it.

anyone else have this problem?
gmtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #31057
fred flintstone
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
wr250rforum gone?

Anyone know if wr250rforum.forumotion.com is gone for good? Had some good resources there and haven't been able to log in for a week or so.
fred flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #31058
coresports
coresports

Oddometer: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech View Post
anybody orderd 3.7l safari tank lately? like in the last month
i ordered one from just gastanks sept2nd a week later they called and said they were waiting for "hardwear kit"
from safari and it would be 4-6 weeks i called back today and first they couldnt find my order... then they found it and told me it would be another 4 weeks and thats all they could tell me?
they billed me for the tank tho a day after i ordered it.

anyone else have this problem?
you may want to call your credit card company....i had an issue a while back with a totally different company but they were blowing me off, not answering my request's then i called my card holder to complain and lo & behold, my merchandise arrived like 2 days later! ymmv, but next time i have an issue, i will give the company in question a chance but i won't hesitate to complain to my credit card company, i got a free t-shirt to boot, not a big deal - i just wanted what i ordered but hey, ill take it!
coresports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #31059
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred flintstone View Post
Anyone know if wr250rforum.forumotion.com is gone for good? Had some good resources there and haven't been able to log in for a week or so.
I posted there today. It seems pretty active. There may be a problem on your end.
2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #31060
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanew1 View Post
I posted there today. It seems pretty active. There may be a problem on your end.
+1 I logged in ok
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #31061
thumpididump
MacGyver

Oddometer: 2,403
I think it may have been offline for an hour or two yesterday, but all is good now.

FY-YFF
2014 KTM 690 Enduro R
thumpididump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #31062
fred flintstone
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanew1 View Post
OK thanks. Weird. I get a "The server at wr250rforum.forumotion.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed." even when I try to load previously bookmarked pages. Not having this problem on any other website.
fred flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #31063
KansasBob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred flintstone View Post
OK thanks. Weird. I get a "The server at wr250rforum.forumotion.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed." even when I try to load previously bookmarked pages. Not having this problem on any other website.
I copied the address you had in the post, and it opened as normal for me. The error may be "cached" on you pc.

Try clicking this................................

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/

If you get the error try reloading it.
KansasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #31064
ET-VT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasBob View Post
No response for me, testing on multiple machines. Looks like they've got a DNS issue. It will probably be sorted out before long.
ET-VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #31065
Timmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET-VT View Post
No response for me, testing on multiple machines. Looks like they've got a DNS issue. It will probably be sorted out before long.
Works for me. I just tested it.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote