Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #31831
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
I waffled long enough, called justgastanks.com on Monday morning and they had just finished putting the parts together for the Safari 3.7 gal tanks...I placed my order and it's already on the UPS truck for delivery today.

NOT SURE WHY THEIR WEBSITE STILL SAYS OUT OF STOCK...

And, I randomly found they give a 5% advrider discount as well as free shipping.

That extra .7 gal ain't cheap, but I like the protection the tank provides. What the hell, if it's good enuff for Dingweed and BigDog, it's good enuff for me.

You will not be sorry Mine is really scuffed up( i have no idea how this happened) but protects well & uses all the 3.7 Mine is blue because thats all they had in stock at the time but I would prefer the clear.
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #31832
bradrh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah;20225612
2014 I'll use either Michelin T63 tires or Pirelli MT21's on my WRR. I expect to consume two sets. My WRR also has a fly screen, 3.7 gal tank, and requisite electronics. I find it plenty comfortable with stock seat and sheepskin. I wear Nike compression under shorts, which helps a lot too.

The longest trips I've taken on my WRR were only about 3k miles. Seems to me the only difference is tire consumption. If I were doing your trip, I'd have tires drop shipped to hotels.

[URL="http://www.alcan5000.com"
www.alcan5000.com[/URL]. Check out the route and itinerary. Maybe give you some ideas for your trip.
What flyscreen do you have? Pics? I have the laminar lip one (for a KLR), but I'm looking for a little more.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #31833
mpatch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 862
project complete

removed the flapper thing from the exhaust, no welding or cutting of pipe involved

mpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #31834
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradrh View Post
What flyscreen do you have? Pics? I have the laminar lip one (for a KLR), but I'm looking for a little more.
Cee-Bailey flyscreen. I'm only 5'9" but works really well for me. It has a little flip shape at the top, plus it's fairly wide.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha/yamaha_wr250_450.html
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #31835
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by blz-bob View Post
That would be great!
To all with the speedo reading 2-3x times high, I expierenced this also. Started after I serviced the bike and didn't get one of the battery terminals fastened but so tight. It loosened over the course of a ride. Next time I went to ride, the lights would work but when I went to start everything went dead. That is when I found the loose battery connection.

Afterwards I did a reset and reprogrammed my speedodrd with no change in behavior. Yesterday I took it for a short run and compared the trip odometer versus a GPS trip log. According to that my speedo/odometer were about 2.5 times faster than actual. Looked in the instructions for the speedodrd, found the section that talked about setting multipliers/dividers. Then set the unit to have 2.5 frequency divider. Took another short 4 mile ride after that. Looks like the speedo error is now within 10% and the odo seems pretty close. No long term testing yet but I'm just going to live with it like this for now. I don't want to buy a new speedo/head unit if the same thing will happen to it. Not sure what the cost of the instrument cluster is but I'm sure the speedodrd is cheaper.

Posted this on wr250r forum last night. http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t5...-batter-change
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #31836
Blaise W
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
That CB Flyscreen looks great! However, for long rides I use a Wolfman carry all mounted above the headlight and it looks like the screen would interfere with the mounting straps. 'May have to give it a shot anyway. A little extra wind protection would be welcomed on the highway.
Blaise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #31837
Llamaha
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 814
Question re; Wolfman E12 enduro bags

Hey guys,
I picked up a new WR250X the other day and I'm currently deciding between the Wolfman expedition panniers and the Wolfman E12 bags. I am very concerned that the E12's won't fit properly because there is no plastic panel covering the exhaust. Has anyone successfully used this for extended periods of time? Do they sit properly and function properly? Would it be possible for someone to post pictures of the bags from both sides of the bike, and perhaps the rear?

It would be very much appreciated if you could, thank you.
Llamaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:21 AM   #31838
flatboarder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamaha View Post
Hey guys,
I picked up a new WR250X the other day and I'm currently deciding between the Wolfman expedition panniers and the Wolfman E12 bags. I am very concerned that the E12's won't fit properly because there is no plastic panel covering the exhaust. Has anyone successfully used this for extended periods of time? Do they sit properly and function properly? Would it be possible for someone to post pictures of the bags from both sides of the bike, and perhaps the rear?

I am very very happy with the giant loop coyote.
Using stock exhaust. Applying some piece of protective heat shield sheet to it. In my opinion a perfect solution, well suited for sporty riding and offroad.

flatboarder screwed with this post 12-23-2013 at 05:30 AM
flatboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #31839
KansasBob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiacobbe View Post
To all with the speedo reading 2-3x times high, I expierenced this also. Started after I serviced the bike and didn't get one of the battery terminals fastened but so tight. It loosened over the course of a ride. Next time I went to ride, the lights would work but when I went to start everything went dead. That is when I found the loose battery connection.

Afterwards I did a reset and reprogrammed my speedodrd with no change in behavior. Yesterday I took it for a short run and compared the trip odometer versus a GPS trip log. According to that my speedo/odometer were about 2.5 times faster than actual. Looked in the instructions for the speedodrd, found the section that talked about setting multipliers/dividers. Then set the unit to have 2.5 frequency divider. Took another short 4 mile ride after that. Looks like the speedo error is now within 10% and the odo seems pretty close. No long term testing yet but I'm just going to live with it like this for now. I don't want to buy a new speedo/head unit if the same thing will happen to it. Not sure what the cost of the instrument cluster is but I'm sure the speedodrd is cheaper.

Posted this on wr250r forum last night. http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t5...-batter-change
Good description on how your head went south, and info on the work around. Much better than buying a new head. Here is something that shows a little of what you are talking about, for people like me, who don't have a speedodrd........... yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikH6Shk3u44

KansasBob screwed with this post 12-13-2012 at 08:25 AM
KansasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #31840
bradrh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
wolfman e12

Quote:
Hey guys,

Wifey is using the E-12 on her WRR. Works great. The X has a heat shield like the R doesn't it? It gets a little warm on that side, but not too bad. Put beer and chocolate on the left side. See 3rd pic down here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816651
Old 12-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #31841
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,974
Quote:
Hey guys,

Wolfman E-12

I have no good side photos right now, but these are what I took for someone who asked about attachment points:

The right bag has scuffed the plastic heat shield a little which is no concern for me; otherwise no issue. My heat shield is never too hot to leave my hand on, so can't hurt the saddle bag or contents.

jon_l screwed with this post 12-13-2012 at 10:40 AM
jon_l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #31842
brians
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Will Renthal 613 handlebars fit with standard cables?

Sorry for the newbie question but my searches produce soooo many results and it is difficult to find a definitive answer.

The standard steel bars are bent on my newly acquired WRR and it is an opportunity to fit some Renthals.

I like the 613s (previously known as Dakar Highs) as they encourage me to stand up on the pegs in the rough stuff and are generally much more comfortable.

Are the standard cables long enough or do I need longer ones?

Many thanks

Brian
brians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #31843
pfy50
Professional nOOb

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by brians View Post
Sorry for the newbie question but my searches produce soooo many results and it is difficult to find a definitive answer.

The standard steel bars are bent on my newly acquired WRR and it is an opportunity to fit some Renthals.

I like the 613s (previously known as Dakar Highs) as they encourage me to stand up on the pegs in the rough stuff and are generally much more comfortable.

Are the standard cables long enough or do I need longer ones?

Many thanks

Brian
Probably not Brian, I had the McGrath 795mm width and it was getting kind of tight to reach, but mine was a twinwall 1 1/8" which should make little overall difference. Renthal recommends a Yamaha bend that goes only 802mm on width for Wr250r. Check out this chart
http://www.dirtwarehouse.com/renthal...ocross.htm#613

Brian here is Renthals recommended models page http://www.renthal.com/File/fit_my_b...&bikedate=2008
pfy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #31844
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasBob View Post
Good description on how your head went south, and info on the work around. Much better than buying a new head. Here is something that shows a little of what you are talking about, for people like me, who don't have a speedodrd........... yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikH6Shk3u44

Thanks for the feedback. I need to go out and double check against GPS the actual odometer versus just a trip odometer before I consider it a true fix but I don't expect it to be off.

On the SpeedoDRD I'd say it is a great product. It is plug-n-play with the WRR/X and some other bikes but is a pretty versatile system that can be wired into plenty of other bikes and used in plenty of custom applications. It is those extra features that are helping us in this situation. With one button I won't say programming it is intuitive, but it isn't that hard if you read the directions and watch the video.
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #31845
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Ok, I'm trying to pick up a WR250R. I've been having a super hard time finding one close by. I found one that is a 6 hour drive away that I think is a good deal. What do you guys think of a 2012 WR250R with 8000 miles for $3500? No mods, bone stock, immaculate condition supposedly.
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote