Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #33826
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by debaisley View Post
how could a rubbing fork guard do anything to the fork seals ? at most it could damage the outside edge of the dust seal

They flex into the lower fork under off road conditions.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #33827
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivvalry View Post
How prevalent on the '08s? 1 in 10 or 9 in 10?

I've had two 08s and between them I'm at 40k and 5 left fork seals. All the guys I ride with, with 08s, which is four other guys, are at least on their second if not third seal

But maybe we are the only 5 guys, dunno......

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 03-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #33828
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I've had two 08s and between them I'm at 40k and 5 left fork seals. All the guys I ride with, with 08s, which is four other guys, are at least on their second if not third seal

My left fork seal blew at 4k miles on my 08. Cheap and super simple replacement.
Rider_WV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #33829
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post

Have you seen this?

http://www.rickramsey.net/WR250Rmods.htm#forkmods
UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #33830
Chivvalry
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahFox View Post

Seems pretty simple... heat gun and bend the guards out a bit.
Chivvalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #33831
ggemelos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
Not near the bike to be able to take some closeup pics for you, so here's the best I can do retrieved from previous posts:

Experiences with the Lite? I like it, but it's not perfect. It is big enough to carry my DSLR, an extra lense, a small binocular, battery charger for recharging AA's on the go, a few tools that aren't in the front fender bag or tool kit, and a couple of soakers along with a SAM splint wrapped around the interior walls.

The negatives are you have to unbuckle one corner every time you need to fuel up. A perpetual minor annoyance, but not a big deal as it only takes a few seconds to do. It does make me think about the Fandango now and again...

Perhaps the greatest issue is that it is in your way somewhat when you're standing on the pegs and trying to get well forward. If it is not packed to bulging (as mine often is), your thighs will just push the bag forward and out of the way. But if you are riding your bike aggressively, you may find that the Lite is not for you.

The sewing on the two zippers has started to pull out on mine after three long years of use. I will be sending Wolfman pictures of that shortly and asking if they warranty the stitching or consider that to be eventual wear and tear results.

Unless something new has popped up this year, I'd probably buy another one. But then again, I might order a Fandango from Atomic Moto first, just to compare the volume they each hold and how the Fandango fits in comparison.

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and ordered the Lite.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #33832
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Yes, I tried it on WRR.1, and the guards got all sorts of disfigured. I must not have the right heat application technique down.

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 03-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #33833
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggemelos View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and ordered the Lite.
I use the Lite on the WRR for extended trips, but day to day stuff the Enduro is a nice size. The Lite is pretty big on the WRR tank but on a trip the capacity is appreciated. It does make standing more of a chore, I think.

In my case I already had the Lite for my bigger bike so it wasn't a big deal to try it on the WRR.

I meant to post these when you asked for pictures but I got busy and forgot:

My Smugmug Galleries
Old 03-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #33834
shep546
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Just ordered fmf pipe, programmer, uni filter and some yamaha stickers for my handguards... woooo cant wait for spring
shep546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #33835
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep546 View Post
Just ordered fmf pipe, programmer, uni filter and some yamaha stickers for my handguards... woooo cant wait for spring
NIce. Unifilter for the main air filter, or that post-ais removal mod of Rick Ramsey's?
Old 03-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #33836
shep546
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
NIce. Unifilter for the main air filter, or that post-ais removal mod of Rick Ramsey's?
Main air filter... don't really feel like gutting the bike yet as it's still under warranty and I don't quite understand what that mod is meant to accomplish.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #33837
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep546 View Post
Main air filter... don't really feel like gutting the bike yet as it's still under warranty and I don't quite understand what that mod is meant to accomplish.
The reason I did those mods was simply to clean the bike up and shave a little weight. Since these mods don't harm the bike in any way, I'm down.

This is what wrrdualsport.com has to say about the AIS, "The AIS (Air Injection System) is a common component found on bikes with a catalytic converter. It injects clean air directly into the cylinder to help it warm the exhaust gases upon initial startup and bring the catalytic converter up to operating temperature quicker. If you go with an aftermarket exhaust, the AIS is no longer serving any purpose and will actually cause backfiring on decel."

I have an aftermarket exhaust, so was only too happy to get rid of it. My new can has been on for a couple of days, but the initial tip I bought is too loud for my tastes. It sounds pretty cool, just a little too loud so no 'after' video yet. I'm fighting with an Amazon Marketplace dealer, Powersport Superstore, to get a new quieter tip and I really have no idea when it's going to be here Once I get that on, I'll get that video finished.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #33838
shep546
Gnarly Adventurer

Yeah I heard the two bro's is just TOO loud... I hope my powercore 4 isnt that bad.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #33839
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,013
paint on muffle cover?

I've had my 09 wr since november and just noticed today that the center portion of the muffler cover was painted blue. Not sure why I never noticed this before. In certain light it's not noticeable. Anyway, situations change and I am wanting to put the bike up for sale and just wondered if this paint was normal and if not so I could disclose it to a potential buyer.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #33840
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,645
FMF silencer too loud ? Get one of these.

FMF Racing 1 1/8in. Quiet Core Insert for PowerCore 4/Ti PoweCore 4 040630
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00317BC9M/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_3p_dp_1