ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #33871
shep546
Gnarly Adventurer
 
shep546's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by eemsreno View Post
A lot of you on here know Japako
He was hurt riding his WR in Waco, TX.
8 broken ribs.
Broken clavicle.
Collapsed lung.
Small brain bleeding.



Jim Kolbe
Room 521
Hillcrest, Hospital
Waco, TX.
Sorry to hear that,

I didn't know him but I wish him a swift recovery.
shep546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #33872
amtz.zero
Adventurer
 
amtz.zero's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgormley View Post
I was getting a fair amount of mud after the tail fender mod...

So I got a rubber mud flap from ebay and glued it to two layers of the blue foam board used to insulate homes (from home depot).

Still needs to be field tested, but should work good.
The foam should break during a spill, instead of bending the frame.

Here is the flap I got:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360605347487...84.m1439.l2649

And here are a few pics of the finished product:




You're telling me you prefer that over the stock unit?
amtz.zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #33873
jgormley
Studly Adventurer
 
jgormley's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Lincoln, RI
Oddometer: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtz.zero View Post
You're telling me you prefer that over the stock unit?
It was easier to add this, than to figure out how to re-attach the stock tail that came in a box with the bike..
__________________
My YouTube
jgormley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #33874
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtz.zero View Post
You're telling me you prefer that over the stock unit?
No doubt.
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #33875
viper770
Studly Adventurer
 
viper770's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Wellington ,Kansas
Oddometer: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by eemsreno View Post
A lot of you on here know Japako
He was hurt riding his WR in Waco, TX.
8 broken ribs.
Broken clavicle.
Collapsed lung.
Small brain bleeding.



Jim Kolbe
Room 521
Hillcrest, Hospital
Waco, TX.
hope he gets well soon
__________________
2012 YAMAHA WR250R
2013 KAWASAKI KLR650
"Take the long way home"
MY SPOT LOCATION http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...vi71zS820h7TbU
viper770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #33876
vwsandman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
vwsandman's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Racine, WI
Oddometer: 260
Thumb New Color

Just a brief post to show a new color choice, Blue Oval Wrinkle Powder Coat. Same color used on Ford Racing valve covers. Here are some pics:



Flat anodized blue on the left, Blue Oval wrinkle in the middle and Gloss anodized Blue on the right.


Up close pic.

PM or email for questions, I have one made up and can make more.

Thanks again to all for the support!
__________________
Ivan Sandoval
https://sites.google.com/site/sandmanparts/ ADV Vendor thread:http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537271 and now T-shirts!: https://www.booster.com/sandmanparts
Home of The Original WR250R/X Case Saver/Freedom Sprocket Guard Kit

vwsandman screwed with this post 03-21-2013 at 11:13 AM
vwsandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #33877
oldtrucks
Gnarly Adventurer
 
oldtrucks's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: NorCal
Oddometer: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper770 View Post
if you can afford it go with a graves exhaust thats what i put on my wr and i love it to death
I had a Graves on mine and hated it. It's well made and looks nice but it's also obnoxious loud and has no spark arrestor
__________________
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin
oldtrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #33878
viper770
Studly Adventurer
 
viper770's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Wellington ,Kansas
Oddometer: 582
well that kinda sucks mine is alittle on the loud side but no one out here in kansas is saying anything about it lol
__________________
2012 YAMAHA WR250R
2013 KAWASAKI KLR650
"Take the long way home"
MY SPOT LOCATION http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...vi71zS820h7TbU
viper770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #33879
ruppster
Studly Adventurer
 
ruppster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Marietta, OH
Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgormley View Post
I was getting a fair amount of mud after the tail fender mod...

So I got a rubber mud flap from ebay and glued it to two layers of the blue foam board used to insulate homes (from home depot).

Still needs to be field tested, but should work good.
The foam should break during a spill, instead of bending the frame.

Here is the flap I got:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360605347487...84.m1439.l2649

And here are a few pics of the finished product:
As muddy as I get with the stock unit, I can't imagine how bad the short ones are.

__________________
15 KTM 690E, 05 KTM 450EXC
ruppster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #33880
manfromthestix
Lost in Space
 
manfromthestix's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Oddometer: 2,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper770 View Post
well that kinda sucks mine is alittle on the loud side but no one out here in kansas is saying anything about it lol
And no trees to set on fire either.

Finally got a 10 minute break in the rain to get the new WR out and take her picture, then ride about three miles before the sleet started. Damn.



I live about one mile from National Forest roads and am foaming at the mouth to get out there and try this thing on them for more than two minutes. With all the moisture we've had recently it's nice and muddy, too! Can't wait.

Doug
__________________
"If it doesn't blow smoke and make noise, it isn't a sport!" - radio ad for shop in Bozeman, MT
manfromthestix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #33881
viper770
Studly Adventurer
 
viper770's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Wellington ,Kansas
Oddometer: 582
by the way welcome to the wr club buddy nice bike
__________________
2012 YAMAHA WR250R
2013 KAWASAKI KLR650
"Take the long way home"
MY SPOT LOCATION http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...vi71zS820h7TbU
viper770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #33882
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfromthestix View Post
And no trees to set on fire either.

Finally got a 10 minute break in the rain to get the new WR out and take her picture, then ride about three miles before the sleet started. Damn.



I live about one mile from National Forest roads and am foaming at the mouth to get out there and try this thing on them for more than two minutes. With all the moisture we've had recently it's nice and muddy, too! Can't wait.

Doug
Congrats. You have ants in your pants just like me when I bought mine back in December. Funny thing is I've still got them. I eat up every chance I can to get out on mine. Looks like you got some great farkles out it. I got a good deal on mine, but it was bone stock so now I'm having to do a lot of modding. To a fellow VA'er, if you find a lot of good trails out near you I may need to make a trip out to ride.
__________________
2012 WR250R
2007 SV650 (SOLD)
1984 XL350R (SOLD)
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #33883
duanew1
In my Pajama pants
 
duanew1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Huntsville, AL
Oddometer: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruppster View Post
As muddy as I get with the stock unit, I can't imagine how bad the short ones are.
+1
I have told people many times that I am totally uninterested in reducing my protection from mud spray. Besides, the stock light is much brighter than any of the aftermarket ones that I have seen.
__________________
Bikes I own
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1992 Yamaha XT225
2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #33884
burtonrider3889
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by duanew1 View Post
+1
I have told people many times that I am totally uninterested in reducing my protection from mud spray. Besides, the stock light is much brighter than any of the aftermarket ones that I have seen.
My thoughts exactly. I think it's one of the few tail pieces on a stock bike that doesn't look that bad.
__________________
2012 WR250R
2007 SV650 (SOLD)
1984 XL350R (SOLD)
2002 CR80R (SOLD)
burtonrider3889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #33885
northerndancer
wandering spirit
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonchuk Canada
Oddometer: 90
wearable art

Ivan, your wearable art still continues to shine. Outstanding quality and highly recommended to anyone contemplating a huge improvement over stock cover.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vwsandman View Post
Just a brief post to show a new color choice, Blue Oval Wrinkle Powder Coat. Same color used on Ford Racing valve covers. Here are some pics:



Flat anodized blue on Top, Blue Oval wrinkle in the middle and Gloss anodized Blue on the bottom.


Up close pic.

PM or email for questions, I have one made up and can make more.

Thanks again to all for the support!
northerndancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015