ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #33961
oldtrucks
Gnarly Adventurer
 
oldtrucks's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: NorCal
Oddometer: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper770 View Post
bad news guys i got off work today and i was thinking to my self im going to ride the hell out of my wr today and as i walk over to my bike my tire looked kinda low i guess i ran over a nail on my way to work this morning so i took the bike to elys kawasaki to fix my flat guess i wont get it back till late some time tomorow so guess ill have to ride the hell out of my klr650 today
You had to take a flat in to a dealer for repair........really?
__________________
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin
oldtrucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #33962
shep546
Gnarly Adventurer
 
shep546's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
Oddometer: 215
yeah I don't get it...

would be easier to change the tire almost than load it in a truck and drive it to the dealer
shep546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #33963
viper770
Studly Adventurer
 
viper770's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Kansas The land of oz
Oddometer: 562
didnt have to but i did the dealer was a few blocks away just didnt feel like dealing with it and there putting new tires on it any way my other tires where ready to be replace havent you guys ever gottin lazy lol oh and one other thing i dont own a car i chose to have just motorcycles i havent owned a truck in almost two years now so im kinda weird like that
__________________
2012 YAMAHA WR250R
2013 KAWASAKI KLR650
"Take the long way home"
MY SPOT LOCATION http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...vi71zS820h7TbU
viper770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #33964
NeilW
SomeAssemblyRequired
 
NeilW's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 85
As seen in the latest Rider Warehouse (Aerostitch) catalog:
"Ride or Ride not
there is no Drive"


Quote:
Originally Posted by viper770 View Post
didnt have to but i did the dealer was a few blocks away just didnt feel like dealing with it and there putting new tires on it any way my other tires where ready to be replace havent you guys ever gottin lazy lol oh and one other thing i dont own a car i chose to have just motorcycles i havent owned a truck in almost two years now so im kinda weird like that
__________________
aka Boondocker
Uncommonly Sensible
Goler Canyon ride
'08 WR250R
2012 Yamaha Super Ténéré
NeilW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #33965
Red Sand
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Red Sand's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta area
Oddometer: 251
I told my son two weeks ago I'm getting a WR . . . he asked me today "So . . . where's this new motorcycle you said you were getting?"

Still haven't heard anything from my dealer.

Well, the weather this weekend will be lousy so, I guess it's just as well.

Had to vent - sorry.
__________________
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 2013 Yamaha WR250R ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 1983 Yamaha XT250 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Red Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #33966
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Oddometer: 2,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper770 View Post
didnt have to but i did the dealer was a few blocks away just didnt feel like dealing with it and there putting new tires on it any way my other tires where ready to be replace havent you guys ever gottin lazy lol oh and one other thing i dont own a car i chose to have just motorcycles i havent owned a truck in almost two years now so im kinda weird like that
Nothing weird about that at all. I'd still be car-less if I didn't live in Alaska now. I love riding, but there's not much I want to do outside at -40.
__________________
"We wish your trail a long one" - Darlene "Sid" Dowd ~ Never run out of traction, ideas, and real estate at the same time.
2008 Yamaha WR250X
Eastern TAT 8/2009 ~MD-Key West-Oklahoma 4/2011~Maryland to Alaska 3/2012
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:11 AM   #33967
rsteiger
Bob
 
rsteiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Hotlanta Area
Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sand View Post
I told my son two weeks ago I'm getting a WR . . . he asked me today "So . . . where's this new motorcycle you said you were getting?"

Still haven't heard anything from my dealer.

Well, the weather this weekend will be lousy so, I guess it's just as well.

Had to vent - sorry.
Patience... He should at least be able to tell you where it is located.

It took about three weeks to get mine and I was itching to get out and ride the things the whole time. The only good thing is most of my farkles arrived before I go the motorcycle. So I was able to set it up from the get go the way I wanted it.
__________________
2012 WR250R
2010 Beta 520 RR
2009 DL650
2001 GasGas XC250
rsteiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #33968
Red Sand
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Red Sand's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta area
Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteiger View Post
Patience... He should at least be able to tell you where it is located.

It took about three weeks to get mine and I was itching to get out and ride the things the whole time. The only good thing is most of my farkles arrived before I go the motorcycle. So I was able to set it up from the get go the way I wanted it.
Thanks - with the nearly $1000 in off road riding gear I'm getting, the farkles will just have to wait . . . then again, I ask myself if the Werks helmet is really necessary . . . (ha) . . .

Ride safe, ride often,

RS
__________________
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 2013 Yamaha WR250R ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 1983 Yamaha XT250 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Red Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:38 AM   #33969
shep546
Gnarly Adventurer
 
shep546's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
Oddometer: 215
I can't imagine how in a big city like Atlanta you can't find a 250r in stock... I live in a city in Canada of about 400,000 people and there are two dealerships within 30mins that have them on the floor
shep546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #33970
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion
 
BlueLghtning's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Newnan, GA
Oddometer: 4,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by shep546 View Post
I can't imagine how in a big city like Atlanta you can't find a 250r in stock... I live in a city in Canada of about 400,000 people and there are two dealerships within 30mins that have them on the floor
Amazingly WRR's seem hard to find new around Atlanta. I haven't been shopping since I own one, but I know my buddy (RSteiger) bought one some time back and had to wait a couple weeks for his to be shipped in from CA.
__________________
BlueLghtning - Follow me on my SPOT Messenger
Mine: 09 DL650, 08 WR250R, 01 FZ1,
Hers: 07 Ninja 650R, 13 CRF250L,
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #33971
GSBS
FunHog
 
GSBS's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Blount Springs, AL
Oddometer: 3,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Amazingly WRR's seem hard to find new around Atlanta. I haven't been shopping since I own one, but I know my buddy (RSteiger) bought one some time back and had to wait a couple weeks for his to be shipped in from CA.
A local dealer down the road from me in a town of less than 15,000 people has had one on the floor for months; probably make someone a good price on it. I bought mine there new in 2010 and it was under $5,800 OTD, not sure what the one on the floor's going for. Smith Brothers Motorcycles in Oneonta, AL (no affiliation, just passing it along).
GSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #33972
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer
 
jon_l's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
Oddometer: 2,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sand View Post
Thanks - with the nearly $1000 in off road riding gear I'm getting, the farkles will just have to wait . . . then again, I ask myself if the Werks helmet is really necessary . . . (ha) . . .

Ride safe, ride often,

RS
I'd make sure you have funds for Barkbusters and a skidplate. Otherwise, you'll likely soon be out funds for things less fun to buy than gear and farkles.
__________________
'09 Honda CBF1000; '09 Yamaha WR250R
jon_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #33973
blown7.3lps
Brian
 
blown7.3lps's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 645
What's a good replacement battery for this bike? Mines flat dead. Looking for something cheap.
__________________
2004 GS1150A SOLD/ pics, = http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...=entertainment
2001 CBR600F4i SOLD/ pics, = http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times
1975 Kawasaki 90cc trail bike.
blown7.3lps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #33974
oldtrucks
Gnarly Adventurer
 
oldtrucks's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: NorCal
Oddometer: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by blown7.3lps View Post
What's a good replacement battery for this bike? Mines flat dead. Looking for something cheap.
Hard to beat Yuasa if you take care of it
__________________
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin
oldtrucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #33975
r6realtor
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: FL
Oddometer: 151
These are my most curret





Then this is next, just waiting on programmer

r6realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014