Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #34561
BMW-K
F800GS FTW!

Oddometer: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbiker View Post
Funny, I did the exact same thing only with some scrap metal I had laying around. I replaced the shifter all together though - hammerhead I think. Can't recall.

IBA # 20880. STFU and Ride.
BMW-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #34562
KansasBob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbiker View Post
The way the shift lever lines up to the stator cover makes me think it could easily punch a hole in the cover if I tip it over in the rocks. I saw somewhere here or over on the WRR forum that a member had made a nice case guard out of stainless steel. So I decided to copy the idea. Finding some stainless steel sheet metal locally for a reasonable price proved difficult. So, I stopped into the dollar store looking for something that I could cut up. I found this stainless spatula, and figured that I couldn't do any better for a buck.
I made a paper template and traced that onto the spatula. I cut the rough shape out with tin snips and filed it down to size. Glued it on with black RTV and viola:

Best post in a while! Thanks!
KansasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #34563
Sewerat
Cert. bike whore

Oddometer: 1,197
Ok so had a chance today to get back out to the shop and work on the wrr again.
Finished up getting the valves set and sealed up, bolted it all back to the frame, finished up the HDB guards, got the neck bearings and swing arm all greased up then proceeded to work on the new tail light setup. I currently have the drc edge hardware but have long but removed the light as it sucks ass. I am now working on a bracket to hold a ktm 300exc light, it is a nice fit and super bright.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #34564
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
finally changed the plug

Picked up a new air filter, as to have a spare, oiled it up and installed along with a new spark plug. 12k on bike, so a bit late, but it seemed run good after installing both. Got about a mile away, and then the bike hot stalled, and would restart after cooling down. Luckily I had my tool roll with me. Stripped her bare again on side of road, and found that coil harness came apart, guess I did not lock it. All back together, and rode for several miles, with no more issues. Annoying doing things twice.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #34565
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,784
700 miles on the WRR this weekend!

So I spent the weekend riding from Newnan, GA down to Monticello, FL on various dirt roads and back roads on my WRR. I'm leading a ride in a couple weeks and wanted to scout out a few things and roads I had questions about. That was definitely 2 long back to back days in the saddle, but had a blast and the WRR did perfect. I had just put on the IMS 4.7 gal fuel tank before this weekend so that was my shakedown run on that also. I'm definitely enjoying not having to worry about fuel at 65-70 miles now. I actually spent about 1.5hrs trying to find my way through a WMA area, but they had all the gates closed so no luck and had to back track all the way back out again. Conditions were perfect too with just enough mud in a couple places to make it interesting, but enough moisture in the dirt and sand so that there was no dust. Traction in the sand in S. GA was great.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:36 AM   #34566
dnsjo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Anyone join the FaceBook WR group?
dnsjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:41 AM   #34567
dnsjo
Adventurer

This one.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #34568
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven

Oddometer: 4,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnsjo View Post
Anyone join the FaceBook WR group?
Looks like 161 people have.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #34569
Sewerat
Cert. bike whore

Oddometer: 1,197
Does anyone know or have a link to the whereabouts of a gytr muffler? My local dealer is clueless.

Or if anyone has a nice used one
Old 04-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #34570
Red Sand
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Is it normal to have the little groove in the center knobbies totally worn away after only 240 miles?

Here's a photo from yesterday's amazing ride . . . I'm starting to like this machine . . . except for highway stuff, it's not bad.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #34571
shep546
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
I don't see any groove... get an up close shot of your tire?

Oh and what's wrong with highway riding?
shep546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #34572
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
So I spent the weekend riding from Newnan, GA down to Monticello, FL on various dirt roads and back roads on my WRR. I'm leading a ride in a couple weeks and wanted to scout out a few things and roads I had questions about. That was definitely 2 long back to back days in the saddle, but had a blast and the WRR did perfect. I had just put on the IMS 4.7 gal fuel tank before this weekend so that was my shakedown run on that also. I'm definitely enjoying not having to worry about fuel at 65-70 miles now. I actually spent about 1.5hrs trying to find my way through a WMA area, but they had all the gates closed so no luck and had to back track all the way back out again. Conditions were perfect too with just enough mud in a couple places to make it interesting, but enough moisture in the dirt and sand so that there was no dust. Traction in the sand in S. GA was great.
But but but it's only a 250, its not possible to enjoy life without a fire breathing big bore thumper glad to see you are still enjoying the wrr
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #34573
dnsjo
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewerat View Post
Does anyone know or have a link to the whereabouts of a gytr muffler? My local dealer is clueless.

Or if anyone has a nice used one
NOMB, but they seem to have a rep for being a little loud.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #34574
CJ smith
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Front Alignment

After a pretty serious crash that ended last seasons riding, today has been my first day back on the WR since. I did a basic check over the main components and found that once I got on the road, the front end seemed a little out of alignment(8-12 degrees off center).

Assuming that nothing is bent, what is the best way of aligning the front end of this bike? I've yet to even loosen the pinch bolts or triple tree clamp bolts but I have a feeling that might be a good place to start.
CJ smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #34575
Attico
Wrong way 'round

Oddometer: 1,753
Loosen the pinch bolts and wiggle. They should center themselves. Give it the calibrated eyeball before torquing the bolts back up.

Make sure to have the frot wheel up or the forks will slide up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ smith View Post
After a pretty serious crash that ended last seasons riding, today has been my first day back on the WR since. I did a basic check over the main components and found that once I got on the road, the front end seemed a little out of alignment(8-12 degrees off center).

Assuming that nothing is bent, what is the best way of aligning the front end of this bike? I've yet to even loosen the pinch bolts or triple tree clamp bolts but I have a feeling that might be a good place to start.