Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 05:14 AM   #36301
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightZone View Post
Make sure you put a shorter bolt in the right rear of the skidplate.
The length of the 'stock' bolt will contact the cases.
Did you find this bolt locally or did you order it? I am having a hard time finding one close to me
Old 06-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #36302
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainshadow View Post
Can anybody tell me the length of the stock sidestand?
13-3/4" from center line of mounting bolt to tip of foot.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:12 AM   #36303
Rainshadow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post
13-3/4" from center line of mounting bolt to tip of foot.
So it looks like I'm missing roughly 3" as mine is just a hair over 10 3/4". No wonder it still leans a lot with a chunk of 2x4 under the foot. Wish I had thought of that when I was ordering parts last, but at least it won't stop me from riding today.
Thanks for the intel!
Rainshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #36304
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_ View Post
Did you find this bolt locally or did you order it? I am having a hard time finding one close to me
I just looked, that bolt is a good distance from the case. I guess if it worries you, just cut the bolt down a few mm.

MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #36305
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I just looked, that bolt is a good distance from the case. I guess if it worries you, just cut the bolt down a few mm.
Mine is definitely close. I'll cut it at some point
Old 06-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #36306
bhpaok
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Fuel Pump...

Hello, I am a Greek owner of a ''second hand'' YAMAHA WR250R 10/08 model with 29,000 km (about 18,000 miles) and I believe that the bike needs a new fuel pump... I found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Intank-3...4c3946&vxp=mtr and I am thinking to buy it.... What is your opinion?
bhpaok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #36307
AKoffroader
Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Fuel pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpaok View Post
Hello, I am a Greek owner of a ''second hand'' YAMAHA WR250R 10/08 model with 29,000 km (about 18,000 miles) and I believe that the bike needs a new fuel pump... I found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Intank-3...4c3946&vxp=mtr and I am thinking to buy it.... What is your opinion?
Looks like some aftermarket "generic" pump. The stock pump comes as a unit with base, wiring connector, sensor, etc.

I would order the Yamaha original part instead of trying to cobble something together.

http://www.shspowersports.com/fiche_...008&fveh=18085

Greg
2012 Yamaha XT1200Z
1978 Yamaha TT500
AKoffroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #36308
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
[warning: way too wordy. the tl;dr summary: replaced spark plug, added speedoDRD,
bike had major high rpm stutter about 10 miles later, but after stopping and turning back
seemed to run fine...any ideas???]
I know it isn't anything you even touched this time, but could just be a fluke it happened after all this work. If you have the FMF fuel programmer on your bike, I've seen several post of people with the FMF fuel programmer and the 5th setting needing to be higher? Some of those just showed up out of the blue and also didn't happen all the time? Just a suggestion in case it turns out not to be related at all to anything you just did. Although logically, it does make sense to probably be something you just did, but other than a pinched fuel line, I'm not sure.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #36309
bhpaok
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKoffroader View Post
Looks like some aftermarket "generic" pump. The stock pump comes as a unit with base, wiring connector, sensor, etc.

I would order the Yamaha original part instead of trying to cobble something together.

http://www.shspowersports.com/fiche_...008&fveh=18085

Greg
Thank you for the information.
Please go back to page 1106 and see the photos of the broken fuel pump and compare them with ''felco fuel pump and the installation kit''. I believe that ''felco fuel pump with the installation kit'' is the part that I need to repair yamaha fuel pump...
Old 06-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #36310
jcmcc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Any of you guys have this problem with your fmf programmer? :

When going down the highway at a fast clip (70+ mph, close to WOT) the bike will gradually lose power over the course of 3-5 seconds at which time it becomes a complete bog. Completely closing the throttle for moment corrects the problem and the bike cruises fine again. This issue didn't arise until I installed the programmer. I don't remember what settings I have it set at but I doubt its an issue with tuning.
jcmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #36311
scottmac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcc View Post
Any of you guys have this problem with your fmf programmer? :

When going down the highway at a fast clip (70+ mph, close to WOT) the bike will gradually lose power over the course of 3-5 seconds at which time it becomes a complete bog. Completely closing the throttle for moment corrects the problem and the bike cruises fine again. This issue didn't arise until I installed the programmer. I don't remember what settings I have it set at but I doubt its an issue with tuning.

Bump your fifth setting up to 6 or greater and it will fix this.
scottmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #36312
what broke now
Petroleum Brother

Oddometer: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpaok View Post
Thank you for the information.
Please go back to page 1106 and see the photos of the broken fuel pump and compare them with ''felco fuel pump and the installation kit''. I believe that ''felco fuel pump with the installation kit'' is the part that I need to repair yamaha fuel pump...
If you have good skill mechanically and are able to be creative if necessary, the Felco ebay pump or one from California Cycle Works may work for you. Both companies deal in quality goods.
I would confirm dimensions with them by email before purchase.
The Yamaha pump-pickup-regulator assembly was not designed to be taken apart, but it can be done if one is careful and patient.
what broke now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #36313
HardWorkingDog
Harvey Mushman

Oddometer: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRich View Post
Perhpas the fuel line got partially compressed or kinked on the reinstall causing not enough fuel delivery for full throttle and possibly a lean enough condition at speed to overheat...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
I know it isn't anything you even touched this time, but could just be a fluke it happened after all this work... Although logically, it does make sense to probably be something you just did, but other than a pinched fuel line, I'm not sure.
Thanks, I levitated the fuel tank last night, didn't see anything obviously pinched or kinked or loose, though I pushed the vacuum line a bit further away from some hard parts between the tee and the line going to the pump. It does come close to the seat pan so I was very careful putting the seat back in, using a 100 lumen headlamp (!) to peer in there but again looked OK. Went on a night ride, warmed it up gently then blasted up a freeway onramp and it ran perfectly. 75 mph no problem, even with 13/50 and a D606.

Again, took it out for a 65 mile ride this morning and everything was just fine.

No way to tell at this point. I'm leaning towards skierd's theory of crud on the plug, or possibly the fuel pump needed to burp from being stood on it's head while I worked on the bike.

Or gremlins just having a little fun with me...

Next Trip: Divide & Conquer...

"it's a dog's life.............and I love it"
HardWorkingDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #36314
bhpaok
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by what broke now View Post
If you have good skill mechanically and are able to be creative if necessary, the Felco ebay pump or one from California Cycle Works may work for you. Both companies deal in quality goods.
I would confirm dimensions with them by email before purchase.
The Yamaha pump-pickup-regulator assembly was not designed to be taken apart, but it can be done if one is careful and patient.
Probably next month I will try to fix my Fuel Pump, so if I fix it I'll let you know ....
I will spend 40$ for the felco fuel pump and if it doesn't work, then I will buy a Yamaha Fuel Pump..
Old 07-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #36315
Quantis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
I hereby submit my question to the collective wisdom of the megathread...

I have an '09 WR250x. I recently changed the oil and filter using Kawasaki S4 Synthetic 10W-40 oil like to this

Since that I have ridden ~ 1000km over the past weekend. All easy on secondary roads through NY and VT.

Now I'm finding that my clutch is occasionally super grabby. I'm used to the usual grabbiness but this is ridiculous and I've accidentally launched myself through intersections. The strange part is that this only happens 1 in 10 starts.

Also, I occasionally hear some noise/vibration from the engine when letting out the clutch but when I hear the noise is not when the clutch is grabby.

Any ideas? Change the oil brand? Run some sort of engine flush? Replace clutch plates?

Thanks for your feedback!

Quantis screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 06:16 PM
Quantis is offline   Reply With Quote