Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #37681
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
Which video are you in?
I layed the course out. Glad you've got an open schedule, when my wife goes to visit her brother I'll look you up, your not far from him.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #37682
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,045
Warp 9 19" front.... Sent out

Ok, well. What I thought was, and told could take up to 2 weeks. Should be at my door on the 9th of Sept. How's that for service! I ordered it yesterday, they must have built it on the spot, and the spoke length must have been easy to figure out.

I better order a tire and tube.
Oil changed @ 14300... filter next
byron555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #37683
rvsixer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
What's better for socal - Michelin T63 or Pirelli MT21 ???

To those that have used either or both on their WR250R, please share your experiences. Typical usage is hard pack fire roads, some rocky stuff (mostly dry, but riding up north it will be wetter). Also socal desert which is mostly hard pack, but of main concern are the many 3"-8" deep sandy patches one encounters.

Road use is limited to only reaching trails from the house or staging area (typically less than 20 miles each way).
rvsixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #37684
viper770
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 562
I think your right im going to go ahead and order a black seat to match
MY SPOT LOCATION http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...vi71zS820h7TbU
viper770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #37685
AdvNener
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by byron555 View Post
Ok, well. What I thought was, and told could take up to 2 weeks. Should be at my door on the 9th of Sept. How's that for service! I ordered it yesterday, they must have built it on the spot, and the spoke length must have been easy to figure out.

I better order a tire and tube.
Is it the same price as their 21" complete wheel? (listed at 375$) ?
AdvNener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #37686
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvNener View Post
Is it the same price as their 21" complete wheel? (listed at 375$) ?
I was charged $410 plus shipping, so the price was in between the 21" and the 17"
Old 09-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #37687
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsixer View Post
To those that have used either or both on their WR250R, please share your experiences. Typical usage is hard pack fire roads, some rocky stuff (mostly dry, but riding up north it will be wetter). Also socal desert which is mostly hard pack, but of main concern are the many 3"-8" deep sandy patches one encounters.

Road use is limited to only reaching trails from the house or staging area (typically less than 20 miles each way).
I have a newish T-63 on the rear and a still good MT-21 on the front, and like this combination a lot. Deep sand causes me to pucker, but i haven't crashed in it (yet) with these tires.

Regretfully, I have not ridden on CA trails, but we have lots of sand here around the Great Lakes.

jon_l screwed with this post 09-05-2013 at 02:29 AM
jon_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #37688
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 9,948
I vote the Michelin T63. I found that tire to be most excellent in the sand. Even deep sand. There is an eleven mile wash in North Scottsdale called Camp Creek Wash. I wanted to scout it as part of the Great Western Trail. I failed the first three attempts using the stock tires. I didn't have any recent experience in sand until those attempts. After thinking about it for a couple days, I decided to mount my new T63's and try it again. Presto! End to end in about 30 minutes.

Not long after I was led through something called Turkey Creek. It had lots of rock gardens and a few soft sand sections. No problemo!

They are a soft sidewall tire so they spoon on easy, but I run higher pressures so they won't pinch flat. I heard the T63 is a cheaper version of the very expensive Michelin Desert, which is their Dakar tire. My only complaint is they don't last very long.

I have MT 21's on my KTM. They are good too, but very noisy and I've never had them in sand. Good mud tire, though. I have a brand new set of Michelin Deserts waiting to go on the KTM. I'd put T63's on it except it needs a 140 size and T63 doesn't come that big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsixer View Post

Pantah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #37689
RockinTheRVA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Report on Quiet Insert for FMF Powercore 4

So I ordered the FMF Quiet Insert for the Powercore 4 and got it today. Quick, easy install of course, just one allen screw for the spark arrestor.

Thoughts on the sound/noise reduction:

- Little bit quieter at idle (more bearable at stop lights)
- Little bit quieter on acceleration (my biggest annoyance before)
- Little bit quieter when cruising at indicated 60mph(less drone/raspiness)

Not a drastic difference by any means, but it does improve the harshness of the sound.

All in all, it was worth the $35. I don't mind a loud bike but the PC4 was just a bit over top of my comfort zone. Now, it is barely within my comfort zone. I don't think I'll be selling it to buy the FMF Q4 as I had previously considered. Exciting!

RockinTheRVA screwed with this post 09-04-2013 at 12:03 PM
RockinTheRVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #37690
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

T-63 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_l View Post
I have a newish T-63 on the rear and a still good MT-21 on the front, and like this combination a lot. Deep sand causes me to pucker, but i haven't crashed in it (yet) with these tires.

Regretfully, I have not ridden on CA, but we have lots of sand here around the Great Lakes.
ok, it's not what they are meant for, but how is the t-63 on the road?
Wear noise etc

My Trackmaster II's are noisy and vibrate a lot.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #37691
simmons1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,219
Quote:
Wear noise etc

T63 rear works well on the road and is very quiet for a knobbie. I also use an MT21 on the front
Old 09-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #37692
japako
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
I have the D 606 on the rear and a MT21 on the front. Works well in sand, rocks, and handles ok on the road. It is noisy on the road.
japako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #37693
jon_l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,740
Quote:
Wear noise etc

The T-63 rear on road is fine, maybe about as good as the Trailwings, which I like fine for a D/S road-oriented tire, though like most, I have never purchased one as a replacement tire, and don't like them much for off-road use.

I did only one enduro ride on the T-63 this year, and it performed well enough that I never thought about it, which is a good thing, right? I fractured my ankle on a tall, hidden stump on that ride, ending my off-road riding for a while.

I'm just back from several days of riding paved and Forest Service gravel twisty mountain roads in Western NC, and aside from one pressure check, I never thought once about my tires.

My rear tire has only about 500 miles on it as the injury has reduced the WRR use this summer, and the T-63 looks new. The WRR isn't hard on tires, and I am slow, so so I expect it to last pretty long.

My wife's Super Sherpa has T-63s front and back, and after 5,000 kms they still look good. I bet she'll get 10,000 kms easy. Her riding is mostly commuting on pavement, with some weekend gravel roading with me.

I haven't used the T-63 front, just doesn't look quite aggressive enough to me, though looks may deceive. This is the 2nd bike on which I've used MT-21 fronts, and I like them fine.

Unless something compelling comes along, I can see using this combination again. I just don't want to raise the bike and screw up my gearing by using a MT-43 or D606 rear.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #37694
Faol
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
I am torn between the CRF250L and WRR, with price being the biggest issue. This thread and others like it have swayed me to the WRR. My past riding has been a Harley Dyna Wide Glide, which I sold a couple of years ago.

That being said, I went by my local dealer, who has a 2013 WRR in stock and sat on it for the first time. It is a tall sucker, but I think I can handle it. The price they gave me OTD for that thing was $7,900 ($6,700 for the bike itself). Is this normal for Georgia prices on these? The CRF250L, that they did not have in stock, was $5,600 OTD (bike was $4,500).
Faol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #37695
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
They must be tacking on a first service or something, maybe an extended warranty check the break down.
EEKAMOUSE is online now   Reply With Quote