Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #37696
Faol
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEKAMOUSE View Post
They must be tacking on a first service or something, maybe an extended warranty check the break down.
They wouldn't show me the breakdown, just started adding stuff up on his desk calculator. I was just floored by the prices.
Faol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #37697
WeazyBuddha
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faol View Post
I am torn between the CRF250L and WRR, with price being the biggest issue. This thread and others like it have swayed me to the WRR. My past riding has been a Harley Dyna Wide Glide, which I sold a couple of years ago.

That being said, I went by my local dealer, who has a 2013 WRR in stock and sat on it for the first time. It is a tall sucker, but I think I can handle it. The price they gave me OTD for that thing was $7,900 ($6,700 for the bike itself). Is this normal for Georgia prices on these? The CRF250L, that they did not have in stock, was $5,600 OTD (bike was $4,500).
I think it hinges on the type of riding you do and your sensitivity to prices. With the way I ride, I call it motorized hiking , I would have done fine with the Honda or the Kawasaki but figured, in for a penny in for a pound and went for the WRR. If I were sensitive to costs i would have gone for the Honda or Kawi and I am sure I would have been perfectly happy.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #37698
Faol
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japako View Post
Here is one in GA.
http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...250R-106907890

They say it is the internet price, but you can bet they will add something to this price.
The 2014 is out, and some dealers are even lower across the US.
That's doable, plus the 7% sales tax, puts that at $6,003.77. MUCH better!

Thanks for the link.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #37699
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,810
Quote:
I am torn between the CRF250L and WRR, with price being the biggest issue. This thread and others like it have swayed me to the WRR. My past riding has been a Harley Dyna Wide Glide, which I sold a couple of years ago.

That being said, I went by my local dealer, who has a 2013 WRR in stock and sat on it for the first time. It is a tall sucker, but I think I can handle it. The price they gave me OTD for that thing was $7,900 ($6,700 for the bike itself). Is this normal for Georgia prices on these? The CRF250L, that they did not have in stock, was $5,600 OTD (bike was $4,500).
One of my buddies just got one of those Honda's. He had ridden my WRR in the past and loved it. We were playing around on a dual sport ride this weekend, and doing roll on drag races playing around on some forest dirt/sand roads.. and the WRR smoked him without trying, each time.

He knew when he bought the 250L, he was paying much less than my $7k OTD WRR(NJ), but he also knew he was getting much less.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #37700
Faol
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post
I think it hinges on the type of riding you do and your sensitivity to prices. With the way I ride, I call it motorized hiking , I would have done fine with the Honda or the Kawasaki but figured, in for a penny in for a pound and went for the WRR. If I were sensitive to costs i would have gone for the Honda or Kawi and I am sure I would have been perfectly happy.
Motorized hiking sounds about right. I just want to get further back in the woods for a little bushcrafting, but to do it is a 2 hour ride up to north Georgia or 1.5 hours to Oconee NF, so I need the road worthiness to get there.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #37701
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,981
Quote:
They wouldn't show me the breakdown, just started adding stuff up on his desk calculator. I was just floored by the prices.
That's a problem
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #37702
rvsixer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Quote:

The WRR can be lowered a bit out of the box, and even further using a Yamalink. Much more out of box capability/adjustability than the CRF (of course that's only relavent if you want/need it, otherwise go for the least expensive option). Both prices you have are WAY WAY too high (for example, my buddy got a '13 WRR for $6600 OTD including the current consumer rebate).
rvsixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #37703
japako
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvsixer View Post
The WRR can be lowered a bit out of the box, and even further using a Yamalink. Much more out of box capability/adjustability than the CRF (of course that's only relavent if you want/need it, otherwise go for the least expensive option). Both prices you have are WAY WAY too high (for example, my buddy got a '13 WRR for $6600 OTD including the current consumer rebate).
Prices will differ across the states. What the price I can get in TX may not be the same in GA. But it should not be off by much.

What the dealers are doing, is adding shipping, handling, and anything else they can on an unsuspecting buyer.

What I've found to work on most dealers, is make a low offer and walk if they don't want to deal. Do this nicely...... It works most of the time. You want the deal to be a win, win situation, but not out of the ball park.
japako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #37704
rvsixer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by japako View Post
Prices will differ across the states. What the price I can get in TX may not be the same in GA. But it should not be off by much.

What the dealers are doing, is adding shipping, handling, and anything else they can on an unsuspecting buyer.

What I've found to work on most dealers, is make a low offer and walk if they don't want to deal. Do this nicely...... It works most of the time. You want the deal to be a win, win situation, but not out of the ball park.
I take it this was directed to the OP, as my reply did not mention stealership pricing/tactics (I have worked at several and know the games well). I only cited the pricing example to warn the OP to take heed, and know he could get a market priced WR for the same inflated CRF price.

But while we are on the subject, the easiest method I have found to get your best localized pricing on any vehicle car or bike is to email all the local dealers for their best OTD price. You will see two distinct price groupings coming back at you, those dealers wanting to move vehicles, and those waiting for the suckers who will pay all those artificial profit makers mentioned (especially service contracts arggghhh what a rip those are). After getting the best price, simply walk in with a check and off you go. No haggling, no BS, no games.
rvsixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #37705
Wallrat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Quote:

We just bought a 2013 last week in SoCal for the same price OTD. We were at another dealership when I got this price quote over the phone. The dealer we were at wouldn't budge a penny below $7600. One phone call, a 15 minute drive, and $1000 saved.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #37706
viper770
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
yea when I bought mine they told me all togather it was going to cost me 7500 for my 2012 and I looked at all those extra fees and I lol at them and say that's nice this is what ill pay you for it which was 6500 or ill go over to the next town and by one for 1000 less the choices was yours 15 min later agreed to my terms after the sale was over I told them keep raping people on the price and you go out of business sence then Yamaha has pulled there line from these guys and Suzuki has also pulled there line as well now they just have Hondas left is all they have to sale
MY SPOT LOCATION http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...vi71zS820h7TbU
viper770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #37707
japako
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
I take it this was directed to the OP, as my reply did not mention stealership pricing/tactics (I have worked at several and know the games well). I only cited the pricing example to warn the OP to take heed, and know he could get a market priced WR for the same inflated CRF price.

But while we are on the subject, the easiest method I have found to get your best localized pricing on any vehicle car or bike is to email all the local dealers for their best OTD price. You will see two distinct price groupings coming back at you, those dealers wanting to move vehicles, and those waiting for the suckers who will pay all those artificial profit makers mentioned (especially service contracts arggghhh what a rip those are). After getting the best price, simply walk in with a check and off you go. No haggling, no BS, no games.

My apologies, it was indeed meant for the OP. Although I believe we are on the same page.
japako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #37708
EEKAMOUSE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Quote:

Also the crf250l just isn't as durable and not proven yet I have the wrr and have access to the crf and in our rides the crf goes anywhere the wrr does however it looks as if its ready to fall apart after one season of riding in the coal regions of pa. We have dented the frame badly and with not much of a spill I just dont trust the Lil crf is gonna be a durable trail machine like the wrr has already proven to be for some 6 years now.
EEKAMOUSE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #37709
simonpig
packin' heat

Oddometer: 993
Why? I took mine off and I'm running stock can. I alway though that if you were running EXUP, then AIS stays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzharp View Post
If you are running the stock (catalyst) exhaust, you should leave the AIS in place.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #37710
woofer2609
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 628
I'd like to ride one of the crf's. Interesting to see if the lower posture lowers the COG much.
I know you can hide a bike's weight pretty well if it is low and sprung weight, but I just can't fathom having to lift an additional 20 lbs each time I need to wake up the bike from a nap.
300 lbs (at least, what with all the farkles I've added) is more than enough
woofer2609 is offline   Reply With Quote