I think I found the one I was surfing the other day:

http://www.justgastanks.com/store/in...roducts_id=427

Yamaha WR250/450F Clarke Gas Tank

Starting at: $194.75

Clarke Fuel tanks are Made of High Impact Plastic
Uses stock mounts and petcock.
New Cap Included.
Not all pictures are the actual tank
Clarke Fuel tanks come in any color listed on the Color Chart.
Special orders take at least 5-7 days to ship.
Part #1442: (03-04) Needs Shrouds (05-06) Nothing Required
Acerbis Shrouds will be shipped. UFO Shrouds are available upon request. Part # 1487 Will fit with no mods.(Shown in picture)

Please Choose:

Part #/Years/Capacity:

Add Shrouds

Color

Main page with full selection of other tanks: http://www.justgastanks.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_70_181

MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #752
MiamiMotorcyclist
used to be -MiamiUly

Oddometer: 1,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by morriswf

New Cap Included.
Acerbis Shrouds will be shipped. UFO Shrouds are available upon request. Part # 1487 Will fit with no mods.(Shown in picture)

Please Choose:

Part #/Years/Capacity:

Add Shrouds

Color

Main page with full selection of other tanks: http://www.justgastanks.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_70_181

That is for the WRF though.

I thought someone posted info a while back about a tank for the WRR/X.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #753
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,528
i'm sure ims/clarke will have tanks avail at some point, but there is a different process when producing plastic tanks for EFI bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriswf

New Cap Included.

Please Choose:

Part #/Years/Capacity:

Add Shrouds

Color

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #754
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,528
that would be an aqualine.
the tank needs to be designed in that area to accept the fuel pump assy. the pump is not sealed permanantly in the tanks as it could not be serviced. take your pump outta of the factory tanks and bolt it into the new tank. many time tank pressure is an issue with efi. for dot legality the tank needs an inner layer so as to need leak fuel vapors through the tank. that's why metal has be traditonally used. cheaper to achieve this. bmw has had plactics tanks with efi since the earlier 90s though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac
I think there's an extra capacity tank being made over in Australia
right now. Problem is that there's an internal fuel pump needed inside
the tank for the FI.

That's going to make a replacement one a pricey bugger!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #755
AdvRasta
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive
I actually have not paid one teeny, weeny little cent! I signed some lengthy lawyer'esc paperwork, and pushed it out the door about a month ago.

But hey, its not my fault. I was going to pay for it. But then Wally waves this "sweetheart deal" in front of my nose: Zero down, Zero payments, Zero interest for 6 months! Just sign a piece of paper. I've got 5 kids, I can afford to pledge one as a collateral for a lien. Maybe two actually, if I had a choice. But I digress....

I know, I know. Its stupid to finance a toy. But I didn't really. I've got the funds sitting in the bank (well, if that bank doesn't collapse too). I'm going to pay it all off with one check. But I'm REEEAALLY enjoying riding R for FREE. Might just stretch it out to the last week of the sweetheart deal. Just because!
Lol... I'm doing the same thing. gonna send the lump sum to yammy/HSBC on the last week of my "0% - 0 dn - 6 mnth" deal, while my ~$6k is sitting in my credit union making 5% for 6 month. yay yammy! shhhhhh!
AdvRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #756
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
I love my WR250R. Glad so many others now have the bug too.

Next mods are:

- putting on my Bullet Proof Designs radiator guard
- putting on my Yamalink
- and considering a trip to Factory Connection to help me get the suspension better tuned to my riding style.

Hey Gargoyle, what are those mirrors. They look different & better than stocker....which is quite lousy. Fess up, please. You might have covered this mucho pages ago, but I'm lazy today and don't want to dig thru 45 pages of forum to check. Thanks,

HF
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #757
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
I love my WR250R. Glad so many others now have the bug too.
What bike doesn't clean up nicely by removing the factory advertising? Good job...
Old 10-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #758
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,636
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket

Does Yamaha still have that financing deal?
Far as I know. At least they did about one month ago. Check the main Yamaha Motor Corp website. It should show the promo and state when it expires. Seems like it was thru end of year, but I'm not certain.

Its no brainer...if you need to sell a bike, or two, or three to cover the bet. 6 months is tons of time to unload some old horses. Best deal I've ever seen.

WARNING: They will send you a payment schedule in the form of a Yamaha Credit Card. Mine came with a $15,000 credit limit.

Wow, this could be dangerous....

HF
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #759
AdvRasta
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Be aware!

Related to my last post, those of you who took advantage of Yamaha's so called "no interest, no payment" grace period, take a look at your loan repayment terms and you'll find a couple of terms like "Bill Deferred Finance Charges", which means that if your balance isn't payed in full at the end of the grace period, they'll tack on all the interest "accrued" during the grace period. It's not really Yammy's doing, but the sneaky HSBC... Just making sure you're aware.
AdvRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:36 PM   #760
kawagumby
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins
that would be an aqualine.
. for dot legality the tank needs an inner layer so as to need leak fuel vapors through the tank. that's why metal has be traditonally used. cheaper to achieve this.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but fuel vapors through a plastic tank would be trace at best IMO. Even in a typical car, some of the fuel vapor recovery elements are made of single wall plastic -
Do you have first hand knowledge of a specific DOT requirement for tank wall material with respect to fuel leakage? I remember some discussion on another forum where it was concluded that manufacturers use metal tanks more as a precaution against litigation due to accident liability issues. But you know how this internet stuff works....just curious...
kawagumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #761
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,821
I've got a 3 gl IMS (just released) fuel tank on my TE510 with the fuel injection system. The tank does not appear to have any difference in fabrication to other oversized tanks I've had or seen other than the opening for mounting the fuel pump. Plus if you don't vent a plastic tank thru the fuel cap it will blow up like a ballon during high heat, OEM or aftermarket.

I'm sure it is just a matter of time before the R2 has an oversized tank available. What is the available range for R2 in dirt action? It could be worse, I'm happy getting 40-45 mpg in dual sport mode while limiting the motion of the right hand.

Fast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #762
scottmac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,502
I get about a 100 miles on mine before the warning light goes on.

Not yet sure what the range is before you're sucking fumes when
that happens, but have squeezed in another 10-12 miles before
refilling.
scottmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #763
Gargoyle
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive
Hey Gargoyle, what are those mirrors. They look different & better than stocker....which is quite lousy.
Well ... truth be told I broke the stock mirror going down in the rough stuff in one of the MA state forests. I was looking for a replacement on eBay, and the styling of these caught my eye. Looks like the brand name is "Yong Sheng".
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Gargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #764
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,964
Careful on the 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRasta
Lol... I'm doing the same thing. gonna send the lump sum to yammy/HSBC on the last week of my "0% - 0 dn - 6 mnth" deal, while my ~$6k is sitting in my credit union making 5% for 6 month. yay yammy! shhhhhh!
Don't push the "0% - 0 dn - 6 or 12 mo" deal too close to the end. I've known several people who sent the whole wad in a few days to a week before the end deal, and the processing delays at the finance companies pushed them beyond the deadline and they got slammed with the full 6mo or yr of HIGH 20-30%+ interest and couldn't get it reversed!! Those credit 'suck you in specials' usually have a nasty side to them unless you are careful and really have the funds. I've done those 0% deals in the past, let my money gain interest and paid 3 weeks to 1 month before the end to not get slammed by the finance "delays" trickery scam. My .02
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #765
Iceveign
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Hello everyone, this is my first post, and I have to say this is one of the best forums I've ever been on , lots of good advice from knowledgeable people.

Well I have read many threads on all types of bikes here the last week or so because I miss dirt riding and want to return to my roots. Currently I have a 07 Aprilia Tuono which is an awesome bike, but I do stupid things on it that I know better, so am seriously contemplating a dual purpose bike.

High Five, your write ups are great, and have caused me to consider a 250 cc bike when before I thought that a 600 cc bike was what I was looking for.

Currently I had narrowed my choices to the Husky te610, and Ktm 690 enduro, Yamaha wr450, and now the wr 250. I would assume that the 3 larger cc bike would all be fine on the highway, but the 250 would excel in tighter woodsy type terrain. I have pretty much eliminated the Ktm and the 450(thanks to your write up HF) so the question I have is what you guys opinions would be on the Husky vs the wr250, the weight and bike dimensions seem close, so if any of you have experience with the Husky I would value your opinion. Thx.

Also I live in the DFW area and If anyone could recommend a good Yamaha dealership in the area I would appreciate it.

Iceveign screwed with this post 10-12-2008 at 10:38 PM
Iceveign is offline   Reply With Quote