Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2010, 05:34 AM   #14551
rydnseek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,888
Skierd: I'm with Chris on this one.. that trials tire looks like it's got lots of life in it, still. Maybe you ran it with too much air? The side knobs still have the nubs on them. From what i understand, the trials tires need to run with less air pressure for the sidewalls to flex & keep rubber on the ground. If i run 20+ # in my tires, either knobbies or DS models, i lose all kinds of traction in sand, gravel, etc. Lower pressure makes a world of difference off road.

I wouldn't worry about the cracking, either.. unless it's a really old tire, sitting around for 20 years or so, it should still work fine. They're generally rated for a lot more than the wr's are packing, even with riders & gear.

But i'm sure the kenda's will give you better all around traction, especially in eastern mud, sand, etc. I like to try different tire combos.. i don't think there is a 'right' tire setup, only different. Our little wr's can wear different shoes for different occasions, & they don't have to match our purse & belt.
rydnseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:43 AM   #14552
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcel
Picked up the 10 just before closing time yesterday afternoon…

My office away from home for the next two months or so

Congrats Wayne! The white with black frame is a sharp combination!
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #14553
Bonnie Abbzug
Property of Hayduke

Oddometer: 10,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadx
Congrats Wayne! The white with black frame is a sharp combination!

+1 That is sweet looking!
Bonnie Abbzug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #14554
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcel
.......My office away from home for the next two months or so.....

J-E-A-L-O-U-S.......looking forward to the day when I can escape for more than a week ......Have FUN!
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #14555
mcwbyu82
WRR'er

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy

J-E-A-L-O-U-S.......looking forward to the day when I can escape for more than a week ......Have FUN!
This from the guy who posts ride pics at least once a week. I have no sympathy for you
mcwbyu82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #14556
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwbyu82
This from the guy who posts ride pics at least once a week. I have no sympathy for you
Well, I am leaving tonight to go riding for a few days over by BullHead City, AZ. (my girlfriend is under the illusion that we're going to the river for a romantic get-away ........her eyes may expand a bit when I load the bikes in the truck tonight after work .......I plan on taking some early morning rides in the area before things heat up too much.....THEN we'll go boating/golfing/boozing/whatever )
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #14557
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,873
Looks aside, the tire didn't feel right anymore. there's more to being worn out than tread. Besides it already had one hole in it from running over something in the city last week and was down to the last 1/8" or so of tread in the middle and I had time to sit down and change it, it was time to go.

After the first few hundred miles, I ran 12psi or less in it. 12psi was the sweet spot for on-road, wear was relatively even and traction was great on and off road. Below that it got squirmy, but even better off road. No rim lock though, so I wouldn't keep it there. I might get another one eventually and try it with a rimlock and run it at 12psi or less for its life, or I might not. At most I'm only going to live with any given tire for a month or three :)

Speaking of squirms, the kenda sure does like to walk around so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydnseek
Skierd: I'm with Chris on this one.. that trials tire looks like it's got lots of life in it, still. Maybe you ran it with too much air? The side knobs still have the nubs on them. From what i understand, the trials tires need to run with less air pressure for the sidewalls to flex & keep rubber on the ground. If i run 20+ # in my tires, either knobbies or DS models, i lose all kinds of traction in sand, gravel, etc. Lower pressure makes a world of difference off road.

I wouldn't worry about the cracking, either.. unless it's a really old tire, sitting around for 20 years or so, it should still work fine. They're generally rated for a lot more than the wr's are packing, even with riders & gear.

But i'm sure the kenda's will give you better all around traction, especially in eastern mud, sand, etc. I like to try different tire combos.. i don't think there is a 'right' tire setup, only different. Our little wr's can wear different shoes for different occasions, & they don't have to match our purse & belt.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #14558
kyns
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,773
Fresh pic. 10 pm today.

kyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #14559
SheWolf
Under Your Bed

Oddometer: 629
New shots from IMS for me today!! Bottom of the mold is done! Top half is in the process of cast molding.

I iz on da wait list.

2009 WR250R

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/forum.htm
SheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #14560
blackdiamondmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyns
Fresh pic. 10 pm today.

When I was in Norway a few years ago, I loved all that daylight. You'll pay for it, though, in about 7 months.
blackdiamondmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #14561
Olmer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Hello,

Just bought a FMF Efi programmer today.

Do you know what is the best setting for a Euro Bike (with O2 Sensor) with Leo Vince exhaust ?

Thanks in advance.
Olmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #14562
Chadx
Off the road again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_dan
Project Oreo is almost done. Just need to recover the seat--but I think I'm going to do a hack in the process. More on that later.
Can't wait to see it. Once I go with a natural tank, I was thinking of swapping everything else to black. I can't recall, is your safari white or natural?
Old 05-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #14563
Chadx
Off the road again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheWolf
New shots from IMS for me today!! Bottom of the mold is done! Top half is in the process of cast molding.
Can we correctly assume that the one pictured is the 4.5+ gallon tank that they have started working on? I guess that's safe to assume since the 2.8 - 3.0 gallon is about to hit the ground in the next couple of weeks, so that one is way beyond the stage of the one in the picture. That one already had mold pattern finalized, sent out to the manufacturer and is being produced. By the arrival estimates, that one is probably one a cargo ship headed this way from Asia.

Hard to tell from the molds in the picture, but it doesn't look like there is much for wings on there even though IMS told me there would be wings very similar to the Safari tanks.

Any word yet on production dates? Probably way too early to even guess, yet, since they don't even have the design-molds complete. IMS initially guessed fall at the earliest so late this year or early next would make for a realistic expectation...with hopes it is completed earlier rather than later.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:22 PM   #14564
SheWolf
Under Your Bed

Oddometer: 629
Chuck said those pics are for the 3 gal one. I asked him if he had any more production pics of the 3 and that's what he sent me. When I asked him about dates before, he said the 3 would be 4 weeks and the 4.5 would be in 12 weeks. That was last week.

"The 4.5 pattern is not getting much attention right now our guy is finishing up some other projects first."

2009 WR250R

http://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/forum.htm

SheWolf screwed with this post 05-26-2010 at 05:29 PM
SheWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #14565
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 746
I would guess that the pics that SheWolf has are old. Manufacturers are usually pretty secretive about new releases until they hit the stores
2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is offline   Reply With Quote