ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.86 average. Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #76
DennyIndy
Old F@rt

Oddometer: 349
1. The ability to edit routes like Mapsource. ie select the route , click and drag it from one road to another.

2. The support of what has been called shaping points on the zumoforums.com site. These pointa (via or way whatever you call them) direct the route, but when the route is imported to a Zumo they are not flagged. The flags on a Zumo screen are very irritating nless I want to stop at that point. Those flags are much too large.

If the route is dragged to very specific and precise points those points will not be announced nor flagged by a Zumo. But they will keep the route on the roads that I selected.

You should also join at zumoforums.com We need you there too!

DennyIndy screwed with this post 04-19-2008 at 05:42 PM
DennyIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #77
Lobby
Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer: 27,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustFalcon
The short answer is to use the delete key If you delete the waypoint or track or route in your MyCollection folder then they will disappear from that folder AND all the other folders you may have. But, it doesn't work the other way -- if you delete an item from a folder other than your MyCollection folder it only disappears from that folder.

As for downloads if you make a new folder in Bobcat and drag only those items you want to download into that folder and you then select that folder and tell Bobcat to transfer it will download only those items in the selected folder.

Bobcat doesn't do maps yet. Maps are downloaded to your GPS device using Garmin's MapInstall program.

Hey, cool.

I was confused about deleting, as Mac OS normally drags to the trash can whenever one wants to delete. Actually using the delete key to delete sounds rather Windozy.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #78
Brent4ADV
Enjoying empty roads...

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyIndy
2. The support of what has been called shaping points on the zumoforums.com site. These pointa (via or way whatever you call them) direct the route, but when the route is imported to a Zumo they are not flagged. The flags on a Zumo screen are very irritating nless I want to stop at that point. Those flags are much too large.

If the route is dragged to very specific and precise points those points will not be announced nor flagged by a Zumo. But they will keep the route on the roads that I selected.

You should also join at zumoforums.com We need you there too!
You can change the symbol that is displayed when using the route tool. Just double click the via point and change the symbol to something less imposing.
Brent4ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #79
DennyIndy
Old F@rt

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01lc4intheham
You can change the symbol that is displayed when using the route tool. Just double click the via point and change the symbol to something less imposing.
Yes, but changes like that made on the computer do not transfer to the Zumo screen.
DennyIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #80
khead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock
I'm not... using a 60Csx. Is there a setting on the handheld that I don't have activated?

Now don't be giving away any secret spots there DR. Rock ---- we all know there's no riding there.....

This is all great news on the Garmin/Mac front.
I'm officially starting to scrape the mold off my VentureCX
khead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #81
DR. Rock
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by khead
Now don't be giving away any secret spots there DR. Rock ---- we all know there's no riding there.....

This is all great news on the Garmin/Mac front.
I'm officially starting to scrape the mold off my VentureCX

Who says I was riding?
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:51 PM   #82
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,747
Route tool crashes Bobcat

I've made routes with Bobcat before, but today everytime I try to use the route tool it crashes Bobcat. WTF!?

Also, it seems that it is impossible to manually create a route with my 276c so I'm totally fucked and can't make a route AT ALL!

PS I can't autoroute because I'm using Roads & Rec.
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:05 PM   #83
johnjen
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,501
I successfully created an autoroute. The 1st 2 times I tried it got hung up in the creation. But the 3rd time it actually worked. Of course the route was a bit 'odd' but then I didn't expect it to be what I'd choose.

I need to play with it some more.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #84
dEAdEyE
practicing retirement

Oddometer: 121
I just found this thread too late I guess.I just bought and installed City Nav.2008 for my mac.I was disappointed to find maps didn't install on my computer also.So I gather I have to buy 2009 now if I want the maps on the Mac?I have never used my gps to plot a route to follow but would like to try it.

but there's no sense in travelling if we've already been that way...KT Tunstall
dEAdEyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:31 AM   #85
jaybob
Living the Dream

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeye
I just found this thread too late I guess.I just bought and installed City Nav.2008 for my mac.I was disappointed to find maps didn't install on my computer also.So I gather I have to buy 2009 now if I want the maps on the Mac?I have never used my gps to plot a route to follow but would like to try it.
If you have access to a PC, read the whole thread. There is free software to be used. It's easy money.

J
Old 04-21-2008, 06:57 AM   #86
jdbski
old but getting younger

Oddometer: 444
Thanks for the directions

Hey Brian,
Please tell the folks at Garmin that the new software for my mac works great. I did the conversion of my existing maps and then transfered them and it was easy and worked like a charm. I look forward to buying topo maps that are mac compatible when/if they become available. I read here that the 2009 road maps will be, what about the topo's for the USA?

thanks,
jb
jdbski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #87
tafflink
Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Question Bobcat "Find" function

Converted my maps, opened them in Bobcat and have the thing up, but for some reason, the "Find" function just doesnn't work--no field in which to enter information.

Anyone else have this problem or am I screwing up?

Thanks.
tafflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #88
GarminMac OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by tafflink
Converted my maps, opened them in Bobcat and have the thing up, but for some reason, the "Find" function just doesnn't work--no field in which to enter information.

Thanks.
Can you take a screenshot of this behavior and use the "Report issues to Garmin" option in the Help menu to send it to us?

Thanks,
Brian
GarminMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #89
markgsnw
WTF?

Oddometer: 3,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by tafflink

Thanks.

works fine in the current version, didn't in older versions...are you running 2.0.0.3 ?

2011 Moto Guzzi Norge 8V GT
markgsnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #90
robhar54
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarminMac
Let me introduce myself... My name is Brian and I am an engineer for Garmin on their Mac software team. ....
Welcome Brian! I guess you've been here long enough now to see how many people are looking forward to this software being fully functional! I love my Zumo but without running Windows (which I don't have as yet) it is essentially useless for pre-planning the kinds of routes I would like to ride.

I'm looking forward to an application that is as fast, transparent and easily used as Google Maps. The ability to drag the route to a different road is brilliant. If I could do something like that in BobCat...on fire roads and trails as well as paved roads...I'd be ecstatic.

Rob in Seattle