Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #346
thumpism
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
Be careful....That old plastic is brittle and doesn't like to be pried on in cold weather. IPCRC is the forum for you. The side vents have to come off first. They are durable and pop right out. ArmorAll the rubber grommets to make things pop back on easy. I put gobs of JB Weld on all the tabs to make them stronger.
What he said. And you may discover, as I did, that although all the plastic looks good on the surface the mounting tabs may already be cracked/shattered when you start removing stuff.
thumpism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #347
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkster70 View Post
More PC piccys...

I mounted up some new ME880 radials, changed all the fluids (including hydraulic), just installed a plus 6" Clearview with Gold Wing vent, found an OEM backrest bracket, and installed a Utopia passenger backrest pad. Wife and kids love it!

I also installed a Formotion clock. I think this bike should have had one from the factory. (a clock - that is.) I think it also should have had a 6 gallon fuel tank. Other than that, I have no complaints in my short 1,300 miles of ownership.

Once I install my Gerbing's plug, she'll be ready for winter commuting.
So when're you gonna make speed holes and an enclosed cabin for it?

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #348
kirkster70
moto junkie

Oddometer: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
So when're you gonna make speed holes and an enclosed cabin for it?

Heheheh!!!

Might not need it! Just got back from a very short spin. It was quite warm with the vent closed. It was quiet before, now it's like driving a library. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
kirkster70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #349
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,140
Those white bikes are one of the prettiest bikes ever made. I almost got a boner looking at your pictures. Can I say boner on ADV?
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #350
lambotte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
I wish the nt 700 was more like an updated pc 800. That bike was just too far ahead of its time.

Kevin
2010 Honda NT700va
lambotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #351
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambotte View Post
I wish the nt 700 was more like an updated pc 800. That bike was just too far ahead of its time.

Kevin
2010 Honda NT700va
Way ahead of its time. Quiet, comfortable, reliable, maintenence free, ect. ect.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #352
kirkster70
moto junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
Those white bikes are one of the prettiest bikes ever made. I almost got a boner looking at your pictures. Can I say boner on ADV?
Heheheh... I like the white, too.

I had a Burgman 400 and 650, both in the same pearl white. Light colors seem to stand out pretty well on the road.

Boner? I've seen worse said on this site...
Old 09-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #353
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkster70 View Post
Here's some neat-o literature...

I got this 1989 sales brochure from the original owner...

Hmmm.... where's my Members Only jacket? Heheheh!!!!

Above - May, 1989 Rider Magazine scored on ebay. $4.95 to the front door. Nice!!!

2 page spread inside.

I guess I'm getting old, but this bike is just quirky enough to keep me entertained for a while. I'm really liking it.

It has really surprised me. I thought the 800 may feel a bit anemic on the super slab, but even cruising 80mph, there's still plenty of juice left for passing. I'm quite impressed.

That is all. Carry on.

that's awesome!

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #354
White&Nerdy
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Brand new PC800 owner right here.

It's a 98, the last and rarest year (only 510 or so made according to Wikipedia). Givi trunk. Clearview windshield with vent. Well maintained. I've only ever owned UJMs and my Silverwing GL500i from the early 80s. There's no comparison to this.

I'm no McDonald's fan, but I'm lovin' it.
White&Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #355
roadstar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by White&Nerdy View Post

It's a 98, the last and rarest year (only 510 or so made according to Wikipedia). Givi trunk. Clearview windshield with vent. Well maintained. I've only ever owned UJMs and my Silverwing GL500i from the early 80s. There's no comparison to this.

I`m sure the style of that bike pissed off the ST1100 owners I would love to one day take one for a ride
roadstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #356
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadstar View Post
I`m sure the style of that bike pissed off the ST1100 owners I would love to one day take one for a ride
The comfort of the PC pisses them off too. My buddy aways wants to trade bikes when we're on a long trip. He is either cramped up or overheated.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:11 AM   #357
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,041
Quote:

Nice bike nerd! Goes well with the Prius.
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #358
kirkster70
moto junkie

Quote:

Looks very nice! How many miles have you logged so far?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #359
DesmoDog
Desmo's my dog

Oddometer: 587
Ok PC fans, enlighten me!

Here's the situation. I've been riding since 1991, but it's always been sport bikes or at least sporty bikes. Recently I've gotten the bug to do a roadtrip with a couple friends. The "leader" does this trip every year. Basically we're talking Michigan to Utah, a couple weeks total, lots of 400-500 mile days with one or two 700 mile days thrown in for good measure.

Problem 1 - I haven't got a suitable bike. I have a couple options I'm considering to solve that.

The number one idea right now is to buy an ST1100 in the spring (no money until at least then), put some local miles on it to get familiar with each other, do the trip, then sell it. Why sell it? I've got a number of bikes already and don't need another one sitting around. Also, I store my bikes in a walkout basement over winter. I don't see myself wrestling a 700lb bike down one hill, across another, then up another to get it into my house. I park my car in the garage in the winter, no bikes allowed in there after about Halloween.

The other options get weirder as they go. Recommission my one owner 1991 907ie that's been slumbering for the past ten years, put bar risers on it, buy some soft luggage, and tough it out? Probably not but then again...

Put luggage and a small windscreen on my 796 Hyper. Yeah... no. 100 mile range until the low fuel light comes on.

Yadda yadda yadda, long story short, one of the options is... buy a Pacific Coast! I've been intrigued by them since they were current bikes but beyond that know nothing about them.

SO... Would a PC800 be suitable for this type of trip? Across the midwest, through the mountains. One up most of the time but maybe an occasional passenger (for local stuff in the mountains, not the long days).

I'd likely sell it after the trip just like the ST.

The other bikes on the trip will be an ST1300, maybe an ST1100, a BMW something or other (boxer, adventure type looking thing) and a Ducati Multistrada. Then me.

My heart says to do it on some sort of Ducati, my brain and body say branch out, there are other brands out there. I've had only Ducatis for about the past ten years, riding something else will make me feel weird but I'm sure I'll get over it. Hmm. my helmet has Ducati logos on it, might have to tape over those or something!

But doing it on something a little out of the ordinary appeals to me...

So, there's my ramble. Comments? If not a PC800, what?
DesmoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #360
nigelcorn
Wannabe.

Oddometer: 781
Hey everyone, I just listed my 1990 PC800 in the flea market. I'm missing the dirt, so mostly I'm looking for a trade for a dualsport. If you know anyone in the market, send them that way.
nigelcorn is offline   Reply With Quote