Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #406
PC-Rider
venturer

Oddometer: 4,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFaux View Post
Just sent mine off to the mechanic for rehab. Should be getting her back this week and out on the road this weekend. She's been in my garage for 4 years. I'm ready for some wind in the face

My Thread of Where I've Been: "PC's Adventures in PIctures"
PC-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #407
SilverFaux
never satisfied

Oddometer: 110
Ouch...but ahhhh :)

So my mechanic called me yesterday. He took a test drive to make sure she was running well and heard a clicking that he determined was drivetrain related. Since its a shaft drive I figured the u joint was probably the culprit. Oh well, what's another week after 4 years, right? (The reason I stopped riding it was due to an odd noise it started making that spooked me. I didn't have the funds to tend to it at that point, so I garaged it.) He has a Norton that needed to be tended to and once mine was up on the rack it was gonna be a few days before he could get to another one. I said "thanks for being thorough" and told him there was no rush.

Well I guess when we got off the phone, he decided to go check it anyway. Sure enough, the bearings on the u-joint we're pretty much disintegrated. He calls me this morning and let's me know what's up. I'm like "Cooool dude!". This guy is a class act.

If you live in the SF Bay Area, you might want to give this wrench a call if you need something done (as long as you aren't in a hurry). Great prices on labor. Retired wrench of 30 years. He knows his crap. He builds race bikes too.
PM me if you want his info.
I'm pleased
"We should all be riding the bike that puts the biggest smile on our face. Fast, slow, heavy, light, 1cyl, 2cyl, 3cyl, 4cyl, 6cyl, American mfg., Japanese mfg., European mfg., it's all good if it makes you smile, no?" - Roadscum
SilverFaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #408
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,173
Quote:
So my mechanic called me yesterday. He took a test drive to make sure she was running well and heard a clicking that he determined was drivetrain related. Since its a shaft drive I figured the u joint was probably the culprit.

Well I guess when we got off the phone, he decided to go check it anyway. Sure enough, the bearings on the u-joint we're pretty much disintegrated. He calls me this morning and let's me know what's up. I'm like "Cooool dude!". This guy is a class act.

PM me if you want his info.
I'm pleased
Having a u joint go out is unusual. How many miles on the bike?
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #409
thumpism
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
I parked mine for a month or so while we moved to our new house. Last time something big loomed on the horizon it was reroofing our old house, scheduled to begin on a Monday. On the preceding Friday I had my first motorcycle wreck. My wife did not mind me wrecking the bike; she minded that I could not begin reroofing the house on schedule. She's practical that way.

We got moved after a very busy month or so and the PC is now living in its new GARAGE, but during the intervening time the inspection expired so now I must chase a few gremlins so it'll pass. Then back to commuting. The riders at work are giving me grief about missing the nice riding weather, but I tell 'em I rode more than they did all winter so it's no loss for me. I'm just letting them catch up.
thumpism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #410
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

My mileage has dropped from around 50 to low 40s. It seems to run fine but I think my plugs with over 20,000 miles need to be changed? Any recommendations?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #411
SilverFaux
never satisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
Having a u joint go out is unusual. How many miles on the bike?
54,000 ish. No idea why it went out.
"We should all be riding the bike that puts the biggest smile on our face. Fast, slow, heavy, light, 1cyl, 2cyl, 3cyl, 4cyl, 6cyl, American mfg., Japanese mfg., European mfg., it's all good if it makes you smile, no?" - Roadscum
Old 05-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #412
SilverFaux
never satisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat View Post
My mileage has dropped from around 50 to low 40s. It seems to run fine but I think my plugs with over 20,000 miles need to be changed? Any recommendations?
It wouldn't hurt the bike to change them. That's a pretty big drop though. you might want to search this site and see if there is some info there:

The Internet Pacific Coast Riders Club: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ipcrc/

And for a more exhaustive list of PC related links: http://www.pc800links.net/

SilverFaux screwed with this post 05-12-2013 at 10:19 PM Reason: added links
Old 05-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #413
SilverFaux
never satisfied

And I got her back!

I have had her back for about a month now and I am really glad.

Here she is posing for a photo - such a flirt!
[IMG][/IMG]

and we went a watched trains,
[IMG][/IMG]

Went to a Barbeque

took a jaunt out to Merced Falls,
[IMG][/IMG]

and called it a day....... and then I spotted the letters T-O-R hmmmmm, looks interesting...... and next thing I know, I'm stressing about being the next guy to get to the Northern California TAG O RAMA at Bixby Bridge on highway 1!!! Game on BRO! I got it even after being held up for 2 hours by a marathon in Carmel.

So here was the Tag:
[IMG][/IMG]

and just to prove it was actually me:

and the drop for the next tag....
[IMG][/IMG]

And I really have to say I had an awesome time! So much fun that me and the darlin' went and got her a tatoo! right on her butt! And she shows it to EVERYONE!!!
[IMG][/IMG]

The following weekend we took another cruise on out to the Sierras into a little town named West point and stopped to snap this pic:

Planning the next trip out to Murphys, Ca in a couple weekends with a group of dudes out of Turlock. Riding highway 49 up to have lunch and then back. Should be nice. Planning on doing some MC camping as well this season. This is going to be an awesome summer!

SilverFaux screwed with this post 05-12-2013 at 09:52 PM
Old 05-13-2013, 05:31 AM   #414
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Thanks for posting awesome pics Faux. I just saw your post on IPCRC. I wish Cali wasn't so far away.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #415
vermin
unrepentant thinner

Oddometer: 540
routine maintenance

I was thinking today that my Cack has between 150k and 200k miles.
That means that POS has gone around the world between 6 and 8 times with no maintenance and spent the majority of its life outdoors.

AND WITH NO CATASTROPHIC FAILURES WHY IS THIS NOT CONSIDERED THE ONLY FEASIBLE ROUND THE WORLD ADVENTURE BIKE!!!!!
vermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #416
SilverFaux
never satisfied

No maintenance!?!?

Please qualify that bro! Like "never changed the oil, plugs, water etc." type of no maintenance of bigger stuff than that?

And I enjoyed the crap out of your ride reports. Especially that down hill into some backwater in a valley in Mexico. Can't even fathom doing that (yet). Looks like you boys had a good time!

Seriously, we gotta go ride sometime.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #417
vermin
unrepentant thinner

Oddometer: 540
Quote:
Please qualify that bro! Like "never changed the oil, plugs, water etc." type of no maintenance of bigger stuff than that?
I scraped the antifreeze out of it in 07 because
my kid could die if it overheated in Utah in July.

I changed the oil sometimes everyother year till it started leaking now I just add it.

The plugs were original until last winter (22 years)

I have a K and N airfilter that gets packed up with mouse daybris and I looked at it before 2007 and not since.

matter of fakt one time in the year 2000 mices got into my trunk and munched on my 5 trillion dollar Aerobich drawers (I got for my 40th birtday.

I am a kindhearted type and really never kill nothin but when I saw aerosnich vapors emitting from mi trunk d anI saw a mother mouse with a baby stuck to its teat scurrying away from the crime scene and I mashed the family with a rock.

There I got that off my chest, I think that is the breakthrough I needed to finally take ownership for my behavior and grow as a human.

Know I know why I have taken on the persona of a rat as a sick sort of penance for my sins.

(cue heavenly choir)

Since then i quit looking for mouse trouble in my plastic.

love,

Vermin
vermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #418
SilverFaux
never satisfied

Penance

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermin View Post
matter of fakt one time in the year 2000 mices got into my trunk and munched on my 5 trillion dollar Aerobich drawers (I got for my 40th birtday.
Dude, that would get anyone's knickers in a twist!

As for the penance..... Dominus Vobiscum!

You've suffered enough. Patch up them britches and keep on riding.....
Old 05-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #419
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Vermin, you forgot to mention the car battery in the trunk.I believe some bikes and cars can be abused like Cack and still live a long happy life. The PC falls into that catagory. Knowing this I still changed my oil and plugs this week.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #420
PC-Rider
venturer

Oddometer: 4,518
Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And I really have to say I had an awesome time! So much fun that me and the darlin' went and got her a tatoo! right on her butt! And she shows it to EVERYONE!!!
OK, what's with the BMW stickers?

And talking about your bike in the first person femanine sense has me a little scared !!!!

I TOR with mine all the time.
When I have time !

Nice pictures by the way.

My Thread of Where I've Been: "PC's Adventures in PIctures"
PC-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote