Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #76
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsride365
Hey guys. I'd like to say that as long as you can handle EVERYONE asking you how you like your scooter, it's a great bike. I am fortunate to have an 89 being loaned to me while I rebuild the engine in my car. It has been my only transportation for the last 4 or 5 weeks and I'm in no hurry to get the car done. The trunk is great, mileage is great, weather protection is great... I took a 280 mile trip on it no problem. I'm 6'2" and totally comfortable. It has the Honda tall screen and about 28k on it. New rear tire. Choke cable is a little sticky but works. I'm selling it for my friend when I'm done with it unless I get too attached to let it go. If anyone is interested, let me know. It doesn't appear to have ever been down as the crash bar covers are not scratched at all and it runs like clockwork. I'll probably be ready to part w/ it in another month or so if anyones interested. A bike just isn't in my budget at the moment unfortunately. Oh, and if you keep your toes above the pegs, you don't get wet from mid chest down as long as you are moving and only sprinkled on up top. Great bike. Has 2 different height back rests also.
Got any pictures?? I have always wanted a PC800 !

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #77
ALvis?
Norton

Oddometer: 499
They make excellent beer carriers/coolers.

BTW, this is not my bike.

ALvis? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:15 AM   #78
Meathammer
Saddle Sore

Oddometer: 7
Great commuter and tourer

I love my 96 PC. It's a great commuter and ok at touring. Not a sporting bike but you can out ride most sport bike riders once the road starts to curve. Wish it came with factory highway pegs , stronger electrical system and a bigger tank. Most Vanilla pudding ride I've ever owned but that can be a good thing when the road is what you want to pay attention to and not the bike you're on.
Meathammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #79
drtbkmic
A Real Gem

Oddometer: 117
PC For Sale

Mine's for sale in the Flea Market if anyone's interested.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #80
Chawlee
n00b

Oddometer: 4
'89 Pc800

Picked up my (not gay) cousin's '89 today. He cardiaced out 1.5 years ago and left it in his garage with 12K on odom. It was last registered in '97 and has slight rash on right side, mirror hanging by thin cable and 14 ga., but could be saved with tires, battery, fluids, windshield and the gas tank will need the Eastwood treatment. I figure $700 for all + shop manual. I'm sure the bike has seen freezing weather for months on end so what are consequences of poor or bad coolant? (Vermin?)

My wife's been considering a ride and we thought this one might be the one. What do you think? Any ideas? Anyone? Anyone?

I ride:
'76 R60/6
'77 R100/7
2005 Connie
2007 KLR 650
Chawlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #81
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,206
The bikers at IPCRC could answer this better than these goof balls. Google Honda Pacific Coast. Good luck........RedRocket is probably right.

exoff-roadgoat screwed with this post 09-09-2009 at 04:05 PM
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:57 AM   #82
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawlee
Picked up my (not gay) cousin's '89 today. He cardiaced out 1.5 years ago and left it in his garage with 12K on odom. It was last registered in '97 and has slight rash on right side, mirror hanging by thin cable and 14 ga., but could be saved with tires, battery, fluids, windshield and the gas tank will need the Eastwood treatment. I figure $700 for all + shop manual. I'm sure the bike has seen freezing weather for months on end so what are consequences of poor or bad coolant? (Vermin?)

My wife's been considering a ride and we thought this one might be the one. What do you think? Any ideas? Anyone? Anyone?

I ride:
'76 R60/6
'77 R100/7
2005 Connie
2007 KLR 650

Try putting some fresh gas, and a battery in it. I'll bet it runs.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:31 PM   #83
Chawlee
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Whew!

All body plastic off and cleaned! The PC looks like a fugitive from a Mad Max movie without its skin. Drained tank, fresh gas. Plugs good but what-the-hell, won't have the plastics off again soon (I hope) so new plugs. Oil/filter, rear gear oil, front brake pads, fork seals, eBayed foot rest and ordered Rifle windshield. Just needs registration and a-way-we-go.

Thanks for advise
Chawlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:37 AM   #84
CatsKill Mike
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hey all!!!! Brand new to AVD here. New to riding too. First bike June 08'.
1997 Pacific Coast. Love it, just love it. Much to say...later. just checking in.
CatsKill Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:30 AM   #85
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsKill Mike
1997 Pacific Coast. Love it, just love it. Much to say...later. just checking in.
Welcome to the neighborhood. Great choice of bikes and great choice of places on hang out in the internet!

Old 02-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #86
2tallnwide
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsKill Mike
Welcome to the asylum....many safe and fun miles to you on the PC and beyond..

It's so funny reading posts from men worried about a motorcycle looking gay. Is it because ya'll are worried you might turn gay, or that it will finally open the closet door?

What kind of motorcycle do you have to ride to feel manly, and superior? Seems to me if I needed a compensation piece for a lack of manhood, sex appeal, etc, I damn sure wouldn't broadcast it on a public forum like some of ya'll do here....

No one ever said anything negative to my face about my little PC. One time there were a few snickers from the usual suspects gathered at the infield in Daytona International Speedway when we first pulled up and parked.....snickers turned into curiosity when I lifted the trunk lid and exposed the cooler on one side....then they tried to suck up (no pun intended) for a free drink...

I was 6'4" and 240 to 265lbs while I owned my '89 PC, it was completely stock, trouble free, and fun to ride solo or 2up. I bought it new in March of '91 for $4650.00 OTD, and sold it in December of '93 for $4000.00 to buy a brand new Kawasaki Voyager full blown (once again no pun intended for those worried about losing their manliness) touring bike with all the bells and whistles....regretted selling the PC a month later, and ended up getting rid of the Voyager in Dec of '94.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkh6lrOfT4

2tallnwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:15 AM   #87
FocusPlayer
Minstrel on a Cycle

Oddometer: 68
I'm hopping my friend buys a PC this year...he has a friend about to sell... I think it's a great bike, and untill I fork out the cash for more luggage, I don't have enough room on my Nighthawk for all our stuff. ( btw, the curse of owning a PC is everyone you ride with wants you to be the pack mule)

We're both pretty secure in our manhood, and as we are both, large, ugly, and generaly armed... I think we can handle the "scooter" talk.
FocusPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #88
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusPlayer

We're both pretty secure in our manhood, and as we are both, large, ugly, and generaly armed... I think we can handle the "scooter" talk.

I have a bumper sticker that says " START DATING MOTORCYCLISTS" and I've been thinking of slapping it on my PC800
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:05 AM   #89
RedDogAlberta
High Plains Drifter

Oddometer: 5,490
Once again, given the proliferation of large, highway capable "scooters" out there today, it appears Honda was years ahead of the game. Again.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #90
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDogAlberta
Once again, given the proliferation of large, highway capable "scooters" out there today, it appears Honda was years ahead of the game. Again.
+1

Have been saying that for years!!