Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #211
AngryRed
Lost in Cyber Space

Oddometer: 365
Hey Paul I have about 2k miles on my Adv jacket so far and I love it. I've ridden through the rain and 20 degree temperatures with all great results. The jacket is rock solid and is everything I hoped it would be.

The only feedback I have is the zip-off sleeves. I don't care for them at but this is a personal preference. Any consideration to producing a model that does not have the zip-off sleeves? I have to admit the gap under the arms lets in a bit of cold air in the frigid temps but not enough to make me uncomfortable.

Overall I give the jacket 5 AngryRed stars!

Thanks,
-AR

2013 Super Tenere
AngryRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:29 AM   #212
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryRed
Hey Paul I have about 2k miles on my Adv jacket so far and I love it. I've ridden through the rain and 20 degree temperatures with all great results. The jacket is rock solid and is everything I hoped it would be.

The only feedback I have is the zip-off sleeves. I don't care for them at but this is a personal preference. Any consideration to producing a model that does not have the zip-off sleeves? I have to admit the gap under the arms lets in a bit of cold air in the frigid temps but not enough to make me uncomfortable.

Overall I give the jacket 5 AngryRed stars!

Thanks,
-AR
I've never quite understood why jackets such as this have zip-off sleeves - my dirt jacket has them too....

Anyhoo, I never wear my jacket in cooler temps since the zips on the sleeves let way too much air in - which is fine since I greatly appreciates the ventilation when it's hot.

Great news on the Adventure Pants - I really am looking forward to seeing them.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:44 PM   #213
Sadlsor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquilius
Here's my vote:
Oh yeah - she'd get my vote, too.
But... where's YOUR bike?
Old 01-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #214
Futura
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded
they are, I own two Belstaff Discoveries, a L and an XL, the L is tight and the XL is loose...without the liner wearing just a long sleeved T the L fits like a glove and with the liner and a t shirt and thin sweater\sweatshirt the XL fits great.

My weight fluctuates, if I lose 10 lbs the L will fit me perfectly.

Dante, think I can shrink the XL by throwing it in the wash?

I wish I hadn't read your post about owning two sizes because it got me thinking as I was trying on Belstaff Tourist Trophy's in England.

I bought two, one black in a medium, it fits me well, with or without the liner. I then bought a brown one in large in case I get fat or I want to layer thick clothes underneath. Or I can always sell one.

I do find I wear the medium one a most all the time. Either on or off the bike. It's a damn fine jacket.
Futura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:30 PM   #215
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura
I wish I hadn't read your post about owning two sizes because it got me thinking as I was trying on Belstaff Tourist Trophy's in England.

I bought two, one black in a medium, it fits me well, with or without the liner. I then bought a brown one in large in case I get fat or I want to layer thick clothes underneath. Or I can always sell one.

I do find I wear the medium one a most all the time. Either on or off the bike. It's a damn fine jacket.
Yea, I was considering selling the L because I never wore it but over the winter I have more time to kill at the gym and by the time summer rolls around I'm usually 30lbs lighter in the summer. Then I'm lazy throughout the summer and by the time winter rolls around those 30lbs come back.....Maybe I'm half bear and I do it subconsciously to hibernate. Too bad the L isn't a hair larger or the XL a hair smaller. I'm a fairly common 42-44 suit so I can't understand why I'm between sizes in most jackets.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #216
Lambo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
New Jacket

Hi Paul,

Really great riding gear, I have had a Challenger (brighter color options for better visability would be nice) that was great but I upgraded to the Discovery that is really good for cold riding ( again, a brighter color would get me to buy another one). Your pants are great and everything stays dry. I also have an Adventure jacket that is great in the warmer months, the zip off sleeves are something I will never use and let cold air and H20 in. It is my favorite jacket but I cannot use it if it is going to rain a lot, the wet just works it's way in.

The new Long Way Down jacket looks great ( Nice bright colors ) and I am interested but the zip off sleeves have me concerned for winter/harsh use & I have no idea what your "Fog" color looks like. You might want to add a swatch of that color to the web page & a close up of the jacket too. For $279 I can take a chance, for $795 I want to see a bit more.

Your clothing line is really great and I look forward to getting more, can you comment on the zip off sleeves & H2O/draft protection on the LWD jacket?

One last thing, any thought to a kick off special price for Inmates on the new LWD or the Classic TT jacket?

Thanks,

Support Mental Health or I'll Kill you.

Ironically, Chuck Norris’ hidden talent is invisibility.
Lambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #217
Lambo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
Just checking

Are you around?

Support Mental Health or I'll Kill you.

Ironically, Chuck Norris’ hidden talent is invisibility.
Lambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:17 AM   #218
MaverickAus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
pix no workie on website
Old 01-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #219
thisflatearth
Pro-Commuter

Oddometer: 936
Thanks Guys

Awesome help. Saw you at the NYC MotoShow. Bought a pair of Thermosports and they helped my girl out in her endless search for the right pair of pants (as in short in the legs).

thanks again hopefully get to test out the gloves tomorrow
thisflatearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #220
Dantegod OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Zip off sleeves..

I don't think they make much sense either but the reason behind them according to the original designer is as follows.. Belstaff did a survey of many of the Adventure Riding companies around the world asking what they would like to see as features on the first Belstaff Adventure Jacket.. They had quite a few suggestions from around the world like clear bribe pocket on sleeve so you don't have to pull out you billfold to show your license and you could keep $5 in clear view that you hand over to the officer with your license avoiding any further complictions. There are also a lot of other features that make sense for off-road Adventure riding.. The zip off sleeves were a big request for a number of reasons here are a few..

1. Take them off when you are doing photographic safari's on bikes .. after you park the bikes sleeves make to much noise going thru the Brush (Africa).

2. Like to use when chasing cattle on a dirt bikes thru the bush.. Sleeve removal allows for better flexibility with your arms for using a stock whip (Australia)

3. Would be nice to have a zip off sleeve option for doing work on the bike or around the camp at night.

That being said I would consider scrapping this option in the future if we sold more of these jackets.. Factory minimum runs are 300 units in the USA we sold about 120 units last year...

Paul
www.BritishMotorcycleGear.com
Dantegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #221
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,473
These are some funny reasons, especially #2 I think it would be a good move for you to get rid of this option.

By the way it was nice to meet you at Long Beach Bike Show, it's amazing that you still have time to post here considering you do ALL shows.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantegod

1. Take them off when you are doing photographic safari's on bikes .. after you park the bikes sleeves make to much noise going thru the Brush (Africa).

2. Like to use when chasing cattle on a dirt bikes thru the bush.. Sleeve removal allows for better flexibility with your arms for using a stock whip (Australia)

3. Would be nice to have a zip off sleeve option for doing work on the bike or around the camp at night.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #222
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
The zip off sleeves were a big request for a number of reasons here are a few..

That being said I would consider scrapping this option in the future if we sold more of these jackets.. Factory minimum runs are 300 units in the USA we sold about 120 units last year...

Paul
I guess you can't make this stuff up.....
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #223
Dantegod OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Pants Pictures..

I got some pictures of the new pants but I cannot get them to load up.. Also of the new Rider coat on a model at the DC show.. Can someone help me post these if I e-mail them to you..

Thanks

Paul
Dantegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:17 AM   #224
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,876
Quote:
I got some pictures of the new pants but I cannot get them to load up.. Also of the new Rider coat on a model at the DC show.. Can someone help me post these if I e-mail them to you..

Thanks

Paul
Paul - you can't attach pics on ADV right now (server space issues I believe). You can either open a Photobucket account (it's free and very very easy to do) here or I can load them into my photobucket - let me know and I'll PM you my email address.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #225
AngryRed
Lost in Cyber Space

Oddometer: 365
Those removable sleeves reasons are funny as hell. Unfortunately when you weigh the convenience of them versus their inherent downfall it doesn't really seem to equate.

I'm considering taking my jacket to a tailor and getting an estimate on having them permanently attached. As Lambo stated the jacket is great in nice weather but definitely lets in some cold air around the low areas of the mercury. Overall I love the jacket so if I can get the sleeves sealed up it will simply be an awesome piece of gear.

Please send me a PM if you decide to make a run of the Adventure jacket without removable sleeves. I'll be all over it.

2013 Super Tenere
AngryRed is offline   Reply With Quote