User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
Romulus OP
Air Pirate

Oddometer: 232
Stickers "In case of accident- do not remove helmet"

Used the search option, didn't find it. Looking for a place to find the stickers that say something to the effect of "WARNING- DO NOT REMOVE helmet in case of accident until examined by a DOCTOR" I have seen them out there, nor sure where I can get them. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg
Awesome. I think I just vaporized romulus. I right clicked ignore user and he is gone. no name, no post, not even an "unblock this user" cya
Romulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,404
If you get on some motorcycle mailing lists there's a lawyer or two out there who includes them in his direct mail piece.

Here's a place to buy them. Google is your friend.

http://www.helmet-stickers.com/xcart...productid=2492
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
Basso
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
I got one at my riders edge course. Check with a local Harley dealer that offers Rider's edge and they may have one for you.
Basso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
VegasKLRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basso
I got one at my riders edge course. Check with a local Harley dealer that offers Rider's edge and they may have one for you.

Are you sure that they don't say "Do not remove skid lid?"

Jokes, man these are the jokes.

WWJWD?

What Would John Wayne Do?

Southwest Riders visit www.my2wheels.com.
VegasKLRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:20 PM   #5
Lochlyn_Deckard
Dex Moto(naut)

Oddometer: 989
Another option:

www.reflectivedecals.com/warningsticker.htm
Attached Images

Lochlyn_Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
dolomoto
Destroyer of Motorcycles

Oddometer: 2,514
And yet another option...

From Aerostich/RiderWearhouse...

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/...p-1-c-298.html
Old 04-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #7
evilmedic13
Sarcastic & Fantastic

Oddometer: 937
Just quick question. Since I am not a Dr., what about the PM's(paramedics) that show up to the scene? If it's me, you're gonna be pissed, cuz it's coming off(w/ the proper c-spine technique, of course) due to the myriad of complications involved w/ helmets on during transport to wherever we're taking you. Level 1 or lesser ER, depending on your inuries.

I threatened to punch a Dr in the face if he touched my helmet again after an accident last year, so I understand you fear. Asshole was doing it by himself, definitely not proper technique, too bad I passed out again. I guess he took it off anyway, my paramedics tore him a new asshole for it too.

When he told them what a hero he was, one of the medics had to be held back from going after him. She is a friend of mine, much to his chagrin, and knew what the consequences could have been.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #8
D R
----

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmedic13
Just quick question. Since I am not a Dr., what about the PM's(paramedics) that show up to the scene? If it's me, you're gonna be pissed, cuz it's coming off(w/ the proper c-spine technique, of course) due to the myriad of complications involved w/ helmets on during transport to wherever we're taking you. Level 1 or lesser ER, depending on your inuries.

I threatened to punch a Dr in the face if he touched my helmet again after an accident last year, so I understand you fear. Asshole was doing it by himself, definitely not proper technique, too bad I passed out again. I guess he took it off anyway, my paramedics tore him a new asshole for it too.

When he told them what a hero he was, one of the medics had to be held back from going after him. She is a friend of mine, much to his chagrin, and knew what the consequences could have been.
I believe the intent is generic. If you list all possibilities on the warning sticker, it would be quite large.
D R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:42 PM   #9
Romulus OP
Air Pirate

Oddometer: 232
thanks fellas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg
Awesome. I think I just vaporized romulus. I right clicked ignore user and he is gone. no name, no post, not even an "unblock this user" cya
Romulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:57 PM   #10
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 26,735
PM me with your snail mail ..
If you don't find one .. I'm sure we have one somewhere...
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #11
joeonetime
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus
Used the search option, didn't find it. Looking for a place to find the stickers that say something to the effect of "WARNING- DO NOT REMOVE helmet in case of accident until examined by a DOCTOR" I have seen them out there, nor sure where I can get them. Thanks.
Not to be a jerk about it - but I highly doubt that trained EMS personnel would pay much attention to those stickers.

The sticker does not constitute any sort of advanced directive - as there are no witnesses, notary or anything. Hell, it doesn't even have your NAME on it! For all we know, it could be someone else's helmet.

That's like me responding to a 911 call for a cardiac arrest and seeing a big sign over the bed that says, "Please do not do CPR on me". Unless those instructions are in the form of an advanced directive or health care proxy - then I politely ignore it and go about my business.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #12
Rad
Just me

Oddometer: 12,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeonetime
That's like me responding to a 911 call for a cardiac arrest and seeing a big sign over the bed that says, "Please do not do CPR on me". Unless those instructions are in the form of an advanced directive or health care proxy - then I politely ignore it and go about my business.
At last, some logic
Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #13
indianscout
Dexter

Oddometer: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeonetime
Not to be a jerk about it - but I highly doubt that trained EMS personnel would pay much attention to those stickers.

The sticker does not constitute any sort of advanced directive - as there are no witnesses, notary or anything. Hell, it doesn't even have your NAME on it! For all we know, it could be someone else's helmet.

Under a emergency situation, who would take the time to read the sticker? OK, with that in mind, how about the ol' biker that has "Do not resuscitate" tatooed on his chest? As a professional, how would you handle this?
indianscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #14
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius

Oddometer: 1,644
I'm not too concerned about the paramedics- as pointed out by the above poster, the para's probably know what to do more than the docs. I'd be concerned about a fellow cyclist or cager.

Let me ask the paramedic- if you had a rider down, and the inflatable bag-on-the-head thing was installed in the rider's helmet, would you use it?

fn

2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:00 AM   #15
zulusafari
E African ADVRDR

Oddometer: 284
International Sticker

Has anyone seen a sticker that is primarily icons, more visual for international use? Or simply 'DO NOT REMOVE HELMET'.