User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #166
RockemRdr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 415
Ouch

I was thinking it would be a good idea to keep a second pump in the garage so I wouldn't have to take the seat off to get the pump to add air to the rear air shock. That's until I saw this:

04 33537697026 air pump, gas-filled shock absorber BUY 1 $174.42

Even I'm not that lazy.
RockemRdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #167
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockemRdr
I was thinking it would be a good idea to keep a second pump in the garage so I wouldn't have to take the seat off to get the pump to add air to the rear air shock. That's until I saw this:

Even I'm not that lazy.
F-that...at that price you can get a couple of Playboy bunnies to blow on it (the shock dude......nautghy fawkers!)

Old 01-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #168
felix_gt
step by step

Oddometer: 37
Better a bicycle front suspension bump, no more than 50$ and up to 10/12 bar (enought).

Regards.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #169
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockemRdr

Even I'm not that lazy.
You can pick up a bicycle suspension pump for $25 easy or you could just triple the cost of that BMW POS pump and get an Ohlins.
Kyle Racing is giving killer deals on Ohlins for the X right now. Ordered mine yesterday. I plan on usin that space under the seat to roll up my Playboy mag so I can see those bunnies on the road.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:44 AM   #170
RV8Pilot
Blue,Green,Blue,Gree.....

Oddometer: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler
Kyle Racing is giving killer deals on Ohlins for the X right now. Ordered mine yesterday. I plan on usin that space under the seat to roll up my Playboy mag so I can see those bunnies on the road.
Do you know which model # fits the X-Challenge? Have you had experience with Kyle Racing as far as setting the shock up for you personally?

I'm also looking to ditch that bitch of an air shock but I want a shop that is going to work with me on what I am looking for as far as performance from the shock and not just a good price. I feel good setup is worth a few extra bucks.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:12 AM   #171
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV8Pilot
Do you know which model # fits the X-Challenge? Have you had experience with Kyle Racing as far as setting the shock up for you personally?

I'm also looking to ditch that bitch of an air shock but I want a shop that is going to work with me on what I am looking for as far as performance from the shock and not just a good price. I feel good setup is worth a few extra bucks.
RV8, Dan spent 30 min or longer on the phone with me yesterday regarding rear setup and front fine tuning (new springs). I'm fortunate that Ohlins is in NC, so I can run up to the factory anytime I need to. That being said, I've been an Ohlins man forever. Running them on the
R12S as well.
Break
DockingPilot gave me your contact info. I'll be calling you soon for the gouge on the X Challenge TAT setup. Ride Safe!

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #172
Rayzor61
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Question

I sprung for the KTM Hard parts Hand Guards, got the 15t counter sprocket, ordering the belly pan. All I need is input on the aftermarket exhaust. I really don't wanta spend the cash but I like a louder exhaust note. Has anybody researched the power gain on a Leo, Remus, or Ackrapovac, if any. I know I'll lose weight and heat but is it worth the investment? Is there really any poer gain? And finally, does the bike need remapping?
Rayzor61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #173
ropedrag
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor61
I sprung for the KTM Hard parts Hand Guards, got the 15t counter sprocket, ordering the belly pan. All I need is input on the aftermarket exhaust. I really don't wanta spend the cash but I like a louder exhaust note. Has anybody researched the power gain on a Leo, Remus, or Ackrapovac, if any. I know I'll lose weight and heat but is it worth the investment? Is there really any poer gain? And finally, does the bike need remapping?
Check out http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282159

my opnion in a nutshell

Remus is the loudest but likely the most performance gains.

Ackrapovac, the sweetest looking but no real dyno gains and ungodly expensive.

Leo, the middle ground in performance, looks and price. I just ordered one from motostrano.com as they are also on sale!

ropedrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:37 AM   #174
TimCz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Hey all - did a bit of a search but couldnt find an answer to what im looking for... looking at a few bikes for a bit of a trip around australia and the xchallenge seems like a possible option with a TT tank. However, premium fuel is a bit of a luxury if you can find it in the australian outback.

So my question really is, can the bike be run with 91 fuel and an octane booster? and have people done somethign similar with the x challenge in other countries with limited fuel?
TimCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:32 AM   #175
Max Kool
Xtankteam™

Oddometer: 3,227
If you are interested in some more power, do not forget to remove the inner airbox cover. Quite a difference especially low down.

And you mention you ordered a 15 tooth front sprocket. I take it you either have the Xcountry or the Xmoto, for on the XChallenge 15 tooth is stock (and the XChallenge really loves a 14 tooth btw).
Max Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #176
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCz
Hey all - did a bit of a search but couldnt find an answer to what im looking for... looking at a few bikes for a bit of a trip around australia and the xchallenge seems like a possible option with a TT tank. However, premium fuel is a bit of a luxury if you can find it in the australian outback.

So my question really is, can the bike be run with 91 fuel and an octane booster? and have people done somethign similar with the x challenge in other countries with limited fuel?
Mine runs just fine on 87 octane here in California with all of the extra crap they put in the gas.
tbarstow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #177
mcgiggle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
87 octane................ that must nearly be drinkable, I can get 102 at my local BP ( Aston Martin is across the road from me and the fuel station about 500 metres )
mcgiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #178
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgiggle
87 octane................ that must nearly be drinkable, I can get 102 at my local BP ( Aston Martin is across the road from me and the fuel station about 500 metres )
When we have the awful "summer blends" here, the stuff is blue and doesn't evaporate. Too many environmentalists screwing things up!
tbarstow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:51 AM   #179
Max Kool
Xtankteam™

Oddometer: 3,227
Don't mix MON with RON octane numbers.
Max Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #180
Somber
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Kool
If you are interested in some more power, do not forget to remove the inner airbox cover. Quite a difference especially low down.

And you mention you ordered a 15 tooth front sprocket. I take it you either have the Xcountry or the Xmoto, for on the XChallenge 15 tooth is stock (and the XChallenge really loves a 14 tooth btw).
Max - did you try just going to the Uni-filter and leaving the airbox cover in place, or did you just do both at the same time to feel the "down low" power increase?

I yanked the cover and swapped the BMW paper filter for the Uni-filter foam one and put the bike back together. I noticed a "seat of the pants" difference in the bike that is like you said most noticeable at the lower RPMs. I then read a couple different posts scattered around the interweb claiming that opening up the intake that fully was actually hurting the torque at low RPMs.

So I figured no better way to find out than to try it myself. So I left the Uni in and put the cover back on the bike. I can certainly tell the difference in noise the bike makes, especially straight up above the airbox, but I'm having a hard time feeling a difference between cover on and cover off with the Uni-filter.

Now, there were some pretty big temperature swings which perhaps masked the differences, but I was just curious to know if you tried it half way or if you've always had the cover off since shifting filters...
Somber is offline   Reply With Quote