ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #691
andrewgore
Team MGH
 
andrewgore's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: NW Suburbs, IL
Oddometer: 3,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBiker78
Does anybody knows front wheel bearing and sealing size ?
Front wheel Bearings = 20x42x12
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...46&hg=36&fg=05

Sealing ring, I would assume would be the 42mm OD and 20mm ID. Not sure where they're to be had though.

Andrew
andrewgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:19 AM   #692
MTBiker78
ENDURO Wanabee
 
MTBiker78's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Poland
Oddometer: 184
Andrew - thanks for answer.

I know size specified by fiche but it seems that is correct only for rear wheel. I changed rear wheel bearings in April and currently both wheels bearings need replacement.

The reason for that are aluminum spacers - on the place where aluminum spacers’ touches shaft seals there are small rows (made by sand and mud operating on soft aluminum surface). By these rows water and mud comes into bearings.

BTW - for front brake lever we can use lever from honda nx650 - e.g. Motorix L1B-MAN - local price ~12EUR

__________________
Regards
Lucas

----------------
I have a new challange ..... X-Challenge ....

www.vimeo.com/mtbiker
http://picasaweb.google.com/lukasz.lechowicz/XChallenge

MTBiker78 screwed with this post 08-20-2009 at 01:28 AM
MTBiker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #693
muddyrabbit
Lost Boy
 
muddyrabbit's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Fugawee Land.
Oddometer: 3,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBiker78
BTW - for front brake lever we can use lever from honda nx650 - e.g. Motorix L1B-MAN - local price ~12EUR

Is that the stock Honda lever or an aftermarket? Looks like a sweet adjustable, any chance the clutch lever is the same and also works?
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #694
MTBiker78
ENDURO Wanabee
 
MTBiker78's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Poland
Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit
Is that the stock Honda lever or an aftermarket? Looks like a sweet adjustable, any chance the clutch lever is the same and also works?
aftermarket -> Motorix -> model L1B-MAN
very similar /same/ is wunderlich. Unfortunatelly at the moment I cannot find same design for clutch lever that will work with XCh - except for expensive wunderlich.
__________________
Regards
Lucas

----------------
I have a new challange ..... X-Challenge ....

www.vimeo.com/mtbiker
http://picasaweb.google.com/lukasz.lechowicz/XChallenge
MTBiker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #695
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer
 
DiscoDino's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lebanon/NYC
Oddometer: 1,819
Good find Lucas...I wonder where we can find them in the US?
__________________
Adventurer transitioning from 4x4 to 2x1
'07 G650Xch - Under Mod-struction
DiscoDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:37 AM   #696
ToT
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 1
Anybody know about remapping the injection on G650X bikes? I've heard that it is possible and get the power up 70+ hp from the engine. Is this b*llsh*t or what? Thanks in advance
ToT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #697
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer
 
DiscoDino's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lebanon/NYC
Oddometer: 1,819
People with HID Conversion

Hey ya'll!

About to install my HID conversion for the headlight and wanted to know if anyone found some good sneaky hiding places for the ballast?

Thanks!
Nadim
__________________
Adventurer transitioning from 4x4 to 2x1
'07 G650Xch - Under Mod-struction
DiscoDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:57 AM   #698
olyflyer
Beastly Adventurer
 
olyflyer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Oddometer: 1,201
Man i hit a rock and busted a hole in the engine casing and dropped all the oil out yesterday, anyone had this happen?

Touratech rang today to say my new rallye bash plate is in and ready to be shipped, bugger
olyflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:45 AM   #699
DiscoDino
Beastly Adventurer
 
DiscoDino's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Lebanon/NYC
Oddometer: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyflyer
Man i hit a rock and busted a hole in the engine casing and dropped all the oil out yesterday, anyone had this happen?

Touratech rang today to say my new rallye bash plate is in and ready to be shipped, bugger
FAWK! that sucks - sorry to hear that...first thing I did before going offroad was the bashplate (Hyde)...do you have any pictures? Anything that would have helped OTHER than the larger plate?
__________________
Adventurer transitioning from 4x4 to 2x1
'07 G650Xch - Under Mod-struction
DiscoDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #700
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jolly705's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Tri State Area
Oddometer: 2,407
I have read a few times that in Europe there was a recall on the batteries. Is this true in the USA? If so is there a letter or conf. number anywhere?

Thanks
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:18 PM   #701
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer
 
SCflyer's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Back in NC
Oddometer: 1,592
I bought a used bike and checked with a couple dealers to see what had been done as far as warranty work. The checked the VIN# and both said there was a service bulletin on the battery. I didn't ask for specifics as the previous owner had replaced the stock with an Odyssey.

Hope this helps
SCflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #702
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur
 
DRONE's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Tacoma, WA-ish
Oddometer: 3,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly705
I have read a few times that in Europe there was a recall on the batteries. Is this true in the USA? If so is there a letter or conf. number anywhere?

Thanks
I was at the dealer on Saturday. The service bulletin does not have an expiration date, so if your OEM battery is still good, you can keep it until you need a new one, then BMW will swap it out for a nice new Yuasa AGM.
__________________
WUMPA
Sidecardogs.com
DRONE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #703
Jolly705
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jolly705's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Tri State Area
Oddometer: 2,407
Sweet, thanks for the update. It appears as though mine is starting to get a bit weak. It use to run around 13 and now is down to around 11. I am afraid of getting stuck so I might swap it out if the dealer will cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE
I was at the dealer on Saturday. The service bulletin does not have an expiration date, so if your OEM battery is still good, you can keep it until you need a new one, then BMW will swap it out for a nice new Yuasa AGM.
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #704
olyflyer
Beastly Adventurer
 
olyflyer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Oddometer: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDino
FAWK! that sucks - sorry to hear that...first thing I did before going offroad was the bashplate (Hyde)...do you have any pictures? Anything that would have helped OTHER than the larger plate?
If I hadn't of been bush bashing out in the desert through knee to waist high spinifex which hid the large rocks not much else I could do, lucky I made it to a road which is used frequently otherwise I'd have been walking for a while

oh yeah and touratech sent out the big bash plate yesterday arvo



olyflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #705
mxchamp
Registered Lurker
 
mxchamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: The corn state,11 curves in 318 miles (Iafalls IA)
Oddometer: 1,475
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyflyer
If I hadn't of been bush bashing out in the desert through knee to waist high spinifex which hid the large rocks not much else I could do, lucky I made it to a road which is used frequently otherwise I'd have been walking for a while

oh yeah and touratech sent out the big bash plate yesterday arvo



Pheh!

JB Weld that puppy up no problemo!
__________________
Ride safe!!!!
2001 KTM 640 Adventure R
2014 KTM 690 Enduro

Encouraging Serious Horseplay!
mxchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014