Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2009, 02:22 AM   #136
y2blade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster

Kelso Dunes in the backround, I take off on a dirt two track. I have aboslutely no freakin idea where the hell it goes. I dont have a GPS or a map. Come to think of it, I was at the visitor center and didnt grab a map, oh well, I dont care. No map, but over 10 gallons of fuel and plenty of water. All roads lead to somewhere right? Well then, that somewhere is where I am going.

Fun stuff. Easy riding, picturesque, not sure where it goes, and dont really fucking care to be quite honest with you.

As all good things must come to an end, and at the end of this I wind up back on Kelbacker Rd, leaving the beautiful (and free I might add) park. Well, we do pay more than enough taxes to keep these things going. I love Mojave, campgounds, plenty of off-roading, being in the MOFN with no one else around, highly recommended.

hope you dont mind, i am using these as part of my "adv screen saver"

superb shots

thankyou
y2blade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #137
Jenn
praise seitan!

Oddometer: 711
Great ride report - I have heard that Lippincott Pass is easier going up than down - and you did it in the dark on a big bike! Btw, after you got to Ubehebe, you basically missed Racetrack - it's probably not fun in the dark, though, but worth a return visit and then you can try Lippincott in the other direction.

I went down Lippincott a few weeks ago and was wishing for a 400 instead of my 650!
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #138
Strokizator
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Guess I'm not as big a puss as I thought. Took my Uly down this trail last year and when I got back to Panamint I was glad not to have gone the opposite direction. I found the trick to going down was to keep up your momentum and avoid your instinct to just crawl along. Sure it bucks around a bit but keep moving and looking ahead for a decent line. Take a breather when you get to a flat spot, summon up some more courage and go again.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:53 PM   #139
drmlabs
noobster lvl60

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster

The second thing you notice is the town has one of those "not quite right" vibes and has an eerie and somewhat surreal feel to it. Its hard to describe, but in summary its not a nice place to visit, and I wouldnt want to live there.
I stopped in this town in Idaho for a beer & a sandwich a few years back, Hayden Lake, and got this same 'vibe' you described. Just found out last month it was the Headquarters town of the Aryan Nations group. That explained a lot.
drmlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #140
Vinbowie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
I had to drag my KLR through the gravel, one day in the middle of nowhere,
to the side of the road so I could get some footing to pick it up. It broke my heart as the gravel was grinding away the side covers.
Loved your report. Thanks.
They just stand back and let it all be." Springsteen
Vinbowie is offline   Reply With Quote