Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM   #1
ronandi OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
KTM 690 SM LC4 Rebuild Questions

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of rebuilding a LC4 from my 2007 690 SM, after a catastrophic failure in the top end. This is my first engine rebuild, and it has been a trial by fire for sure, but with the rebuild threads from mbrick and LethPhaos, and some help from a motorcycle garage nearby, I've been making slow but steady progress.

This started as just a top end rebuild (actually I pretty much had to buy a new topend :( ), but after noticing a bit of damage in the small of the con rod (my fault when taking out the pin), and finding a sweet deal on a low mileage crank, I decided to split the cases.

All the bearings in the case feel fine except for the small one for the shift drum, which I'm debating replacing. My big question though it whether or not I should replace the balancer shaft.

Here are some pictures:

Flash for contrast:

What do you guys think? The fiche has this part at an angle, so I can't tell with 100% certainty that those grooves should be there. Is this normal, or should I go ahead and replace this (and the seals?)?
ronandi is offline   Reply With Quote