ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 12:46 AM   #1501
OldTimeBiker
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Oddometer: 181
I know of one place where there is weekly open riding just over the border near Wilmot. There is also a group that do imprmptu open riding and races on Lake Geneva a few times a year...both have a plow that comes out and both lay out both ovals and a TT course. There were weekly Sunday races on Cedar Lake in Indiana last year, but I haven't heard whether they will be running this year yet and the Central Wisconsin Ice racers Assn. have a series of races on several lakes within driving distance to be home for a late supper. There is also the 3 hour steel shoe benefit race which has been held on Fox Lake in Wisconsin the last 2 years and the old location of the 3 hour is also running a 3 hour endurance ice race on Lake Koshkinong I've been told.
There's plenty of action out there...I was just wondering if there was someplace I didn't know of.
OldTimeBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:56 AM   #1502
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!
 
OU812's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Buffalo Grove IL and Killing Threads...
Oddometer: 9,138
http://www.dieseljo.com/index_3hour.htm
__________________
AMA, NRA, AFL-CIO Forrest City.
Getting Old ain't for pussies....................Lorazapam
Even when you do something right people will think you didn't do anything at all.
OU812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:45 AM   #1503
mikechill
Studly Adventurer
 
mikechill's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: N.W. Indiana
Oddometer: 551
I have made it to Bwownsville 25 hours in the van we go over the boarder this morning. I will start a ride report in a couple of days and post a link. here is a link to the spot GPS locator

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...t3ROYKaUqB6LOc

Mike C.
mikechill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:54 AM   #1504
MRFRITZ
advwannabe
 
MRFRITZ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Chicagoland
Oddometer: 583
right on mike !
MRFRITZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #1505
Merle O'Broham
too beaucoup
 
Merle O'Broham's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Oddometer: 1,625
Thumb que le via bien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikechill
I have made it to Bwownsville 25 hours in the van we go over the boarder this morning. I will start a ride report in a couple of days and post a link. here is a link to the spot GPS locator

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...t3ROYKaUqB6LOc

Mike C.
Mike, all my prayers, karma, wishes, ju-ju, etc. go with you on this trip. As much as we're all stoked, don't feel obliged to post every day for our sake. Relax, enjoy the trip, take your time, blah blah. I'm sure we'll eventually all get to hear the stories! Se fue el gringo alto! Buen viaje uey!
Merle O'Broham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #1506
Moose Dog
Trouble maker
 
Moose Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: N.E. corner of Illinois
Oddometer: 3,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker
I know of one place where there is weekly open riding just over the border near Wilmot. There is also a group that do imprmptu open riding and races on Lake Geneva a few times a year...both have a plow that comes out and both lay out both ovals and a TT course. There were weekly Sunday races on Cedar Lake in Indiana last year, but I haven't heard whether they will be running this year yet and the Central Wisconsin Ice racers Assn. have a series of races on several lakes within driving distance to be home for a late supper. There is also the 3 hour steel shoe benefit race which has been held on Fox Lake in Wisconsin the last 2 years and the old location of the 3 hour is also running a 3 hour endurance ice race on Lake Koshkinong I've been told.
There's plenty of action out there...I was just wondering if there was someplace I didn't know of.
Lost Lake Resort maybe ????
__________________
03' 100th Road King
13' 990 KTM Adventure Baja
05' CRF 250X
75' CB125S
02' CRF50
Moose Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #1507
Merle O'Broham
too beaucoup
 
Merle O'Broham's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Oddometer: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikechill
I have made it to Bwownsville 25 hours in the van we go over the boarder this morning. I will start a ride report in a couple of days and post a link. here is a link to the spot GPS locator

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...t3ROYKaUqB6LOc

Mike C.
Hey Mike, wave advsalute next time!

fixt

Merle O'Broham screwed with this post 12-12-2010 at 06:26 PM
Merle O'Broham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #1508
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!
 
OU812's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Buffalo Grove IL and Killing Threads...
Oddometer: 9,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikechill
I have made it to Bwownsville 25 hours in the van we go over the boarder this morning. I will start a ride report in a couple of days and post a link. here is a link to the spot GPS locator

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...t3ROYKaUqB6LOc

Mike C.
Now that is cool!
__________________
AMA, NRA, AFL-CIO Forrest City.
Getting Old ain't for pussies....................Lorazapam
Even when you do something right people will think you didn't do anything at all.
OU812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #1509
alexdavis
Gnarly Adventurer
 
alexdavis's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Lake Villa, Illinois
Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart007
I'l be traveling West to East by car starting in Saskatchewan on the 20th. As I travel across Minn., Mich., Ill., Wisc., NY. etc. I'm wondering if there are any particularly good bike shops to visit (with good gear selection).

Also, what would be the best way to travel through the Chicago area, or around it? I've never traveled this route to the East coast of Canada before and judging from a map I'd guess that the Chicago area would be congested with traffic and perhaps a frustating driving experience, especially for someone unfamiliar with it.
You'd see some of the City from the expressway, if you took 94. That would go South and then eventually East under lake Michigan into Indiana.
You wouldn't want to do this during RUSH HOURS.

If you wanted to move faster but see less, AND pay tolls, then 294 does the same thing except you're at the Western side of the City, not going through it like 94.

Alexd
__________________
2003 Honda CB900F (919)
2005 Yamaha XT225
2005 Yamaha XT225 (second '05)
2006 Yamaha XT225
2006 Yamaha FZ1
alexdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #1510
MRFRITZ
advwannabe
 
MRFRITZ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Chicagoland
Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart007
I'l be traveling West to East by car starting in Saskatchewan on the 20th. As I travel across Minn., Mich., Ill., Wisc., NY. etc. I'm wondering if there are any particularly good bike shops to visit (with good gear selection).

Also, what would be the best way to travel through the Chicago area, or around it? I've never traveled this route to the East coast of Canada before and judging from a map I'd guess that the Chicago area would be congested with traffic and perhaps a frustating driving experience, especially for someone unfamiliar with it.
chicago cycle 3450 west. touhy ave. licolnwood ,ill 60712 tel #847-763-6900 big shop, mostly road gear and sport bike clothes ,dirt gear not much ,pretty good selection helmets , prices kind high.(just my opinion) if your talking like a biker shop oak lawn harley davidson 11040 south cicero ave.oaklawn,il 60453 708-423-9005 nice selection of leather and some textile jackets,10,000 different knick nacks if you need assistance or get stranded call me fritz 708-253-five-eight-one-eight and sunday morning is pretty clear downtown chicago for driving around gawking at the tall buildings. other days avoid rush hour. have a good trip and welcome to chicago.
MRFRITZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:46 AM   #1511
c.vestal
Rally On
 
c.vestal's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: COS
Oddometer: 4,863
Chill has has not moved lately or did not turn on the spot?
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #1512
MRFRITZ
advwannabe
 
MRFRITZ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Chicagoland
Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvestal
Chill has has not moved lately or did not turn on the spot?
i noticed that ,do you know if he has cell service that far?
MRFRITZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:56 AM   #1513
c.vestal
Rally On
 
c.vestal's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: COS
Oddometer: 4,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRFRITZ
i noticed that ,do you know if he has cell service that far?
?? He should, He had service in Baja in a lot of the cities.

I do not know who is actually in possession of the spot? If Mike, then he likely forgot to turn on.
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #1514
MRFRITZ
advwannabe
 
MRFRITZ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Chicagoland
Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart007
Thanks MrFritz. I ride a Triumph Scrambler and will be looking for a helmet (RF1100), gloves and whatever other road gear of interest I can come across. I'll keep your number at hand just in case the unexpected occurs.
there are also 2 triumph dealers, in the area, alltough i have no idea of the selection of accessories and or clothing line. motor cycle center. 518 w. st charles road,villa park,il. 60181 630-782-2010 and south suburban triumph 2725 chicago rd., south chicago heights, il 60411 708-754-6466 let me know about what day you'll be coming thru chicago, so I can take a look see at the shops, unless another inmate here has knowledge of what the carry. come on fellows chime in
MRFRITZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #1515
R80Camper
Adventurer
 
R80Camper's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: 2.5 miles south of Midway Airport
Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRFRITZ
there are also 2 triumph dealers, in the area, alltough i have no idea of the selection of accessories and or clothing line. motor cycle center. 518 w. st charles road,villa park,il. 60181 630-782-2010 and south suburban triumph 2725 chicago rd., south chicago heights, il 60411 708-754-6466 let me know about what day you'll be coming thru chicago, so I can take a look see at the shops, unless another inmate here has knowledge of what the carry. come on fellows chime in
The South Suburban Triumph in Chicago Heights doesn't have much gear that I can recall - its a small shop jammed with bikes and surrounded with an area in which I wouldn't want to be a lost Canadian. Chicago Sports and Cycle in Midlothian (was Midlothian Honda) on 148th and Pulaski has a lot of gear. And there is a big shop outside of Milwaukee near I-94 whose name I'll remember after I sign off.

Do not plan to travel east on 80/94 on weekdays in the afternoons. Leave that for early morning (as in ... before sunrise) transit.
__________________
Marty Joda
007 DR650 (given to son)
05 DR650 (awaiting time off)
Y2K VN750 (40F+ for commuting)
83 R80RT (tired after 90K miles) ABC#6326
R80Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014