ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #181
Impulse 101
Crazy Guitarist

Oddometer: 174
Anyone in the Libertyville area who is interested...

My band is playing at Mickey Finns tonight around 10pm. I'll be the guy with the pretty green guitar. I'll buy a beer or two if anyone shows from ADV and says hi.

It's 80's alternative and power pop. We usually draw some nice looking girls, if you into that kind of thing. But you never know on a holiday weekend.

JT
Old 08-30-2008, 10:00 PM   #182
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Oddometer: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse 101
Anyone in the Libertyville area who is interested...

My band is playing at Mickey Finns tonight around 10pm. I'll be the guy with the pretty green guitar. I'll buy a beer or two if anyone shows from ADV and says hi.

It's 80's alternative and power pop. We usually draw some nice looking girls, if you into that kind of thing. But you never know on a holiday weekend.

JT
JT it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife! The band sounds awesome Let me know if your in the neghiborhood again--until then, rubber side down.
G-man17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:37 AM   #183
Impulse 101
Crazy Guitarist

Oddometer: 174
Thanks again for coming out and bringing the ADV sticker. My wife asked me to apologize for her, apparently you suprized her so much when you showed up that she didn't know what to say. She's usually the more outgoing of the two of us.

I like to play at "McFinn's" as often as possible. A crowded dance floor, free beer and pizza, what could possibly be better! Glad you liked the band, its the most fun I've had with my (regular) clothes on.

If you run through Wisconsin tomorrow let me know. Becki and I will grab our bikes and try and meet up for a short while if possible.

Thanks again,

JT

Impulse 101 screwed with this post 08-31-2008 at 10:42 AM
Impulse 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:12 PM   #184
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse 101
Thanks again for coming out and bringing the ADV sticker. My wife asked me to apologize for her, apparently you suprized her so much when you showed up that she didn't know what to say. She's usually the more outgoing of the two of us.

I like to play at "McFinn's" as often as possible. A crowded dance floor, free beer and pizza, what could possibly be better! Glad you liked the band, its the most fun I've had with my (regular) clothes on.

If you run through Wisconsin tomorrow let me know. Becki and I will grab our bikes and try and meet up for a short while if possible.

Thanks again,

JT
Tell Becki no worries at all. I could see she was surpised but she also seemed quite touched--so all good. Yes we are riding tomorrow, and I would guess we will make up to your neighboorhood. I will try to get a route to you.

G
Old 09-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #185
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Guys I am home I hope you all get back safe. Great ride. We will have to do it again.

JT I got your voice message when I got home --sorry we missed you. Next time for sure.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:16 PM   #186
rlucas
n00b by post count only..

Oddometer: 231
Nice ride, guys.

Gerard, I neglected to thank you for lunch. I owe you one.

SF, I'm PM'ing you the Indy address right now.

Rossi
rlucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #187
Savoir-Faire
Powered by Hate

Oddometer: 861
I am home as well. Thanks for the address and to the G-man thanks for lunch. Perhaps I could get you back on a fall colors ride later this year?
Old 09-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #188
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlucas
Nice ride, guys.

Gerard, I neglected to thank you for lunch. I owe you one.

SF, I'm PM'ing you the Indy address right now.

Rossi
Gentlemen - no worries on the lunch. I just wanted to make sure you owed me so that we would have to ride again. An act of complete selfishness I assure you.

Fall colors ride?? You can bet on it. The ADV site is an awesome place to meet folks.

Thanks again.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #189
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSFletch
I'm not a morning person either, but would like to ride with you guys. I'll meet up and break off as we get up to WI have some friends that are renting a cabin near Lake Geneva.

Hey there was a reported siting of a GS on the side of the road today on the way to our meeting spot--was that you GSFletch??
Old 09-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #190
G-man17
The Devil Drives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistola
Sounds good, I think that's the one I was referring to. Just north of the I-94/Rt 41 Junction. What time? I'd like to say 9am, just because I'm not a morning person.

You make it home Pistola?? Just checking on the crew.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:05 PM   #191
Pistola
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Hey Guys,

Made it home safely, great ride today. Thanks for the lunch G-man, that was the first time I ever had deep fried mac & cheese. Now it's on the top ten favorite deep fried foods, close behind deep fried twinkies. Fall ride sounds dope, we can find some of those other roads that eluded us before.
Pistola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #192
Savoir-Faire