ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 04:32 AM   #9451
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

Oddometer: 3,233
75' CB125S
02' CRF50
Moose Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:33 AM   #9452
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

75' CB125S
02' CRF50
Old 05-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #9453
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

75' CB125S
02' CRF50
Old 05-22-2013, 04:36 AM   #9454
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

75' CB125S
02' CRF50
Old 05-22-2013, 04:40 AM   #9455
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

75' CB125S
02' CRF50
Old 05-22-2013, 04:46 AM   #9456
Moose Dog
Trouble maker

Just an old man and a dirt bike

75' CB125S
02' CRF50
Old 05-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #9457
Smudge!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
you need some pink goggles to go with that outfit Moosie.
Smudge! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #9458
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,654
How many times do i have to see these pictures!!!!
2whlrcr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #9459
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
ok trying to figure out what all my costs are gonna be for building up the bike i am gonna get... i need a tailight/plate bracket for it.... could one of these be made to work and be "legal" in IL? i know most of the china stuff isnt gonna be DOT lenses, but would acop pull ya over for shit like that? heres the tail light i am looking at....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Off-Road-Mot...129445&vxp=mtr

mainly i will need brake and headlights, turnsignals, and a harness,possibly a CDI (engine doesnt run, hopefully easy like cdi/coil/spark plug, all problem areas on a china bike....LOL)

or would anyone local have some stuff available for cheap?
bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #9460
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
ok trying to figure out what all my costs are gonna be for building up the bike i am gonna get... i need a tailight/plate bracket for it.... could one of these be made to work and be "legal" in IL? i know most of the china stuff isnt gonna be DOT lenses, but would acop pull ya over for shit like that? heres the tail light i am looking at....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Off-Road-Mot...129445&vxp=mtr

mainly i will need brake and headlights, turnsignals, and a harness,possibly a CDI (engine doesnt run, hopefully easy like cdi/coil/spark plug, all problem areas on a china bike....LOL)

or would anyone local have some stuff available for cheap?
Paging Moose to the Anti-China Bike Courtesy Phone.

In all seriousness, how do you know the CDI is bad? Those LED tail lights like you linked there, if they aren't pointed straight back are pretty hard to see, so keep that in mind.

If you want to get away with the minimum (turn signals aren't required in Illinois, though using your arm gets really old, really quick......), just get a headlight\tail light and some switches. There are a variety of "dual-sport kits" out there for like 175$ or so. Those will have most of the wiring, switches, etc, etc.

Or pillage some stuff off of your 250, and keep it a cheap build.

Andrew
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #9461
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
Paging Moose to the Anti-China Bike Courtesy Phone.

In all seriousness, how do you know the CDI is bad? Those LED tail lights like you linked there, if they aren't pointed straight back are pretty hard to see, so keep that in mind.

If you want to get away with the minimum (turn signals aren't required in Illinois, though using your arm gets really old, really quick......), just get a headlight\tail light and some switches. There are a variety of "dual-sport kits" out there for like 175$ or so. Those will have most of the wiring, switches, etc, etc.

Or pillage some stuff off of your 250, and keep it a cheap build.

Andrew
never said the cdi was bad, just a weak point on the chinese bikes, and as the seller is selling it as non running,its the first thing that comes to mind on the issue.

as for robbing the 250 of its components, no go, as all it has isa hacked up old ass harness, switches that are busted (turn signal and highbeam switches are both busted off) and a non working headlight...has no signals and no brake light....

so you are saying an incandesent light maybe a better choice for viewing? thats one of the reasons i asked about it....

also confirmed from the seller that it is in fact a dual disk brake bike, was hard to tell from the pics....
heres what i am getting... has all plastics and the seat...as well as street title and keys... plastics just arent on the bike right now....

somewhat standard 4.0/18 rear unlike the ZS sierra that i was looking at, that had a 15' rear that you cant get tires for....LOL and its a standard 2.75/21 front, so tires will be easy to get, but these seem to be decent shape....

probably gonna buy a whole new harness forachina bike, as they are only ~$45 off ebay, might make wiring it easier, starting fresh as whatever is there ofthe harness isquite obviously hacked up by the PO
Old 05-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #9462
andrewgore
Team MGH

Oddometer: 3,248
I misread your post. I thought you were saying the CDI was bad.

So you have or haven't bought this yet? If you haven't bought it, imo save yourself some serious headaches and don't get it. Stuff will be missing. And there will more than likely be more wrong with it than you really want to deal with.

It's probably a lifan or something along those lines. I believe they were more based around the Suzuki DR bikes, whereas the Zonghsen was more so a hodgepodge based more around the Yamaha TW200.

Andrew

PS - If you haven't bought, what's your budget? Some prices have jumped a bit, but man try to save yourself some headaches.
andrewgore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #9463
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgore View Post
I misread your post. I thought you were saying the CDI was bad.

So you have or haven't bought this yet? If you haven't bought it, imo save yourself some serious headaches and don't get it. Stuff will be missing. And there will more than likely be more wrong with it than you really want to deal with.

It's probably a lifan or something along those lines. I believe they were more based around the Suzuki DR bikes, whereas the Zonghsen was more so a hodgepodge based more around the Yamaha TW200.

Andrew

PS - If you haven't bought, what's your budget? Some prices have jumped a bit, but man try to save yourself some headaches.

i havent bought yet, because i am out of town, but he is holding it for me til i can get back... as for stuff missing, i am ok with that, i kinda want a project bike like this anyways, (i still live at home with my parents, i NEED something that gets me out of the house, perfect excuse) as for budget i will be picking this up for 200...even factoring in new harness, headlight, tail light, and whatever else is missing,im not gonna be into this bike for more than around $500ish.

as for the construction, the engine is a copy of an older honda 185, bored to 196cc,its got the less desirable pushrod engine, but the OHC engines drop right in... frame is copy of a dr.

so all said and done title fees and plate i will be around 700 or so...which is about the brink of my budget...

oh and as for dealing with "more wrong than you want to deal with" i am a problem solver by nature, it fuels me to diagnose stuff like that....LOL
Old 05-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #9465
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Oh and on the topic of getting me out of the house, this was my big project from 2 yrs ago... Honda xl75 motor, garden tractor tires, lots of garage door parts, and a welder later i had this creation that was a huge hit at car shows and was featured in last yrs memorial day parade in my town...LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqYW...e_gdata_player