Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2008, 06:16 AM   #16
lrutt OP
SILENCE.....i kill you

Oddometer: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1305
Just got back from the show a short while ago. All I can say is Wow!!! Some of the finest kinds of bikes - all kinds.

And lrutt, I love the Norton. Love the Guzzi even more.

Thanks to Adsinger for meeting me and hustling me through the registration process - the registration folks were up to their collective elbows in walk-ins and did a great job processing everyone expediently. First time for me to ever actually "show" a bike.

Saw a few fellow ADV Riders I know, saw a couple of other folks that I've met at other events. The R80 ST got me there and back without any drama, and even got some looks from passers-by at the show.

All in all a pretty good day.
I was checking that 80ST and the 80GS that was there. I want one of those so bad. What wonderfule bikes.

Was a good show although someone said attendance was down from last year, partly due to the AHRMA races at Telladega and also just plain ole price of gas. Still great and I'll be there next year again. This is so much better than looking at he HD cookie cutter billet jobs.
2006 HD Sporty 1200C, 2006 Triumph Scrambler, 2001 Ducati M900, 2001 Honda XR650L, 1994 HD Heritage, 1978 Honda CB750K / sidecar, 1977 Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans, 1976 Honda CB750K, 1965 Honda 305 Dream, 1973 Norton 850 Commando, 1971 Triumph Trophy 650, 1970 Honda Trail 90, 1970 Triumph Tiger 650, 1973 Honda Z50, 1984 Yamaha Virago 1000, 1981 Honda Passport 70, 1970 Suzuki T250, 1971 Yamaha RT1 360
lrutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #17
bpeckm
Grin!

Oddometer: 5,363
Some of my shots at Ride into History 08

I haven't been able to enter more than one picture, so I am going to try to get a link going..... enjoy this one, for now...!
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #18
bpeckm
Grin!

More photos of Ride

Try again?
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2008, 12:53 PM   #19
bpeckm
Grin!

Anyone know how to post more than one pic at a time...?

All ears....
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #20
bpeckm
Grin!

Link to some of my Ride into History photos

Ok, can't seem to get more than one photo at a time, but if anybody wants to see more, go here............

http://tinyurl.com/6c7geh

Beautiful bikes, all (well, most) of them

(Thassa ma boy, taken the peetchers witha tha olda camera, ofa tha olda bikeas.....)
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2008, 02:31 PM   #21
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrutt
I was checking that 80ST and the 80GS that was there. I want one of those so bad. What wonderfule bikes.

Was a good show although someone said attendance was down from last year, partly due to the AHRMA races at Telladega and also just plain ole price of gas. Still great and I'll be there next year again. This is so much better than looking at he HD cookie cutter billet jobs.
The vintage shows at Knoxville and also somewhere in Carolina probably drew some folks in other directions, too. Gas prices are definitely on the minds of attendees - that came out I at least one conversation I had with a gentleman that is used to doing lots of rallies and shows, but is looking at the realities of fuel costs these days. (As I am, too)

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #22
adsinger
Ride fast. Stop often.

Oddometer: 199
Riding Into History

Hey, that's my Laverda! Thanks to bpeckm for posting. I had my 750SFC, BMW /5 cafe racer . and R100GSPD there.

Thanks also to all ADVRiders who attended. Entries were a bit down in numbers, but not quality. Best in Show was a pre-war HRD Vincent single, Best Competition Bike a 1913 Indian board track racer, Chairman's Choice a Honda RC45, and Preservation Award went to an unrestored, regularly ridden Pierce 4-cylinder (1911 I think). We had a record attendance gate, auction off two bikes, and raised a lot oof money for the Buddy Check 12 breast cancer awareness charity. Unlike the Legends shpw out west, tis is a wholly volunteer effort with about a dozen folks providing the bulk of the effort.

I'm hard at work editing photos and will be filing reports to American Roadbike and Classic Bike Guide (UK)).

Also hoping to get a small slide show up online by tomoorw. I'll post the url as soon as I finish up.

Mark May 16, 2009 for our big tenth anniversary show, featuring American motorcycles.

alan.
www.MotoEuro.org
adsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #23
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,803
Alan, thanks for all the hard work you and the rest of the staff do for this charity event. The number of Staff shirts roaming around to help with every little detail throughout the entire day shows the care and effort level that goes into a show of this stature. I don't think anyone that approached a Staff member with a question got referred onward to someone "over there", but got the answer or assistance on the spot.

I noticed your bikes & loved them, BTW

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:30 PM   #24
bpeckm
Grin!

That BMW cafe.....

Adsinger... if that was your BMW cafe next to the Laverda, up by the big tower.... drool....I went back two times, took lots of pictures with my 35mm and a few digitals. What an awesome bike: I told my son that that BMW was the one I would take home, out of the whole show. Yowza!

And I couldn't agree more with mark1305 about what a terrific job everybody did. We were in, parked, and into the show in no time... Well organized, well managed, well done! Be back next year.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #25
bpeckm
Grin!

Adsinger's BMW?

Is this yours.....I was quite interested in the way you "deleted" the rear subframe, mount the shocks directly to the main frame, and cross-braced. Very cool, very nicely done.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #26
adsinger
Ride fast. Stop often.

Oddometer: 199
RIH - My BMW Cafe Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeckm
Is this yours.....I was quite interested in the way you "deleted" the rear subframe, mount the shocks directly to the main frame, and cross-braced. Very cool, very nicely done.
Yep, that's it. My partner and I spent nearly three years building it. I aimed for a "broad-shoulder, small-waist" look so we removed the sub-frame entirely. We fabbed up a tubular seat support for the modd'ed Duc pattern seat, braced the main frame and designed a set of shocks that Works made to order to fit. We pretty much made or altered every piece of the bike I don't think there is a single bolt-on part on it and the only stock piece is swingarm pivot bolt.

It's on a SWB /5 frame. Wheels are by Morris, Grimeca and Brembo discs, shaved K-bike front end (custom internals), etc., etc. Motor is a late 1000cc, twin plugged, S cam, p&p, big valves, Mikunis and custom exhaust. Electrics are located in an alloy box where the airbox once resided, battery is mat gel in another box horizontal under the 5-speed trans. It makes 87 HP, weighs 397 lbs and goes quite well.

We finished it in 2006 and have won at Barber Vintage Weekend and Riding Into History. This year we just displayed it without judging, just to let folks enjoy it as we do. I've done rebuilds and restorations before, but this was the first bike I designed and we built from scratch.

Also, thanks for all the kind words about our show. We're glad you enjoyed it, tell your buddies, and come on over next year.

alan.
adsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:57 AM   #27
bpeckm
Grin!

Adsinger's BMW

It was only on the second time around, and the second look at your bike, that I saw the tank paint job detail.... you have a very talented painter to have those ever-so-faint flames that shimmer in the back ground, and a very nicely done roundel, as well.

No photo of the tank could do it justice...

For those who have not seen the bike, this photo is "borrowed" from Adsinger's website... BMW fans everywhere are drooling...

Attached Images

Old 05-19-2008, 05:58 PM   #28
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Oddometer: 2,313
WGV pics

My 150

eyedragaknee screwed with this post 01-06-2009 at 03:50 PM
eyedragaknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #29
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

BMW and Laverda

Who is that guy trying to keep it running?
Sounded awesome

eyedragaknee screwed with this post 01-06-2009 at 03:50 PM
Old 05-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #30
eyedragaknee
McGuyver

Something good from Toodoloo Ohio

Nice

eyedragaknee screwed with this post 01-06-2009 at 03:49 PM