ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #8401
brad21
Farting in a Fan

Oddometer: 3,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al View Post
So no watermark but still on your smugmug, I was sooo wrong.
Um, yeah. How else would I repost it?

Besides, when Baldy posted it on the front page giving me credit I IMMEDIATELY pm'd him to let him know it wasn't mine. Feel free to ask him.

Quit being a dick. I wouldn't intentionally claim credit for something that isn't mine.

BRC Member #49252 JOIN TODAY! https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute
Old 07-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #8402
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad21 View Post
Um, yeah. How else would I repost it?

Besides, when Baldy posted it on the front page giving me credit I IMMEDIATELY pm'd him to let him know it wasn't mine. Feel free to ask him.

Quit being a dick. I wouldn't intentionally claim credit for something that isn't mine.
I'm being a dick because you took someone else's work and posted it on your website. You took it on yourself to take control of another's work. That is the core of copyright the right to control how and where the work you author is displayed. Now you are calling me a dick for pointing this out to you.

Allan
Old 07-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #8403
brad21
Farting in a Fan

Quote:
I'm being a dick because you took someone else's work and posted it on your website. You took it on yourself to take control of another's work. That is the core of copyright the right to control how and where the work you author is displayed. Now you are calling me a dick for pointing this out to you.
"Stored" it on my website, for no other intention except for to have it because I thought it was a cool shot. Have you never done that Loud Al?

If PlasticSun was super concerned about it he would've watermarked it himself, dontcha think?

PM me if you'd like to discuss this further.

BRC Member #49252 JOIN TODAY! https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute
Old 07-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #8404
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,865
Quote:
"Stored" it on my website, for no other intention except for to have it because I thought it was a cool shot. Have you never done that Loud Al?

If PlasticSun was super concerned about it he would've watermarked it himself, dontcha think?

PM me if you'd like to discuss this further.
PlasticSun doesn't have to watermark his photos to maintain ownership. You are using words like "reposted" and "stored" you don't see how you are taking control of other peoples work and by putting it on your website others will think you are presenting it as your own work. I think this needs to be a public discussion because I see many people grab photos off the web stick them on their own site and then link to them. The original author of the work not only looses control of how the work is displayed they are also never even credited for the work. When you reposted PlasticSun's photo you didn't credit him for the work and left the viewer to try to figure out who the actual author is.

Allan
Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #8405
brad21
Farting in a Fan

Quote:
PlasticSun doesn't have to watermark his photos to maintain ownership. You are using words like "reposted" and "stored" you don't see how you are taking control of other peoples work and by putting it on your website others will think you are presenting it as your own work. I think this needs to be a public discussion because I see many people grab photos off the web stick them on their own site and then link to them. The original author of the work not only looses control of how the work is displayed they are also never even credited for the work. When you reposted PlasticSun's photo you didn't credit him for the work and left the viewer to try to figure out who the actual author is.
FWIW, I just looked and had two of Plasticsun's photos in my Misc. Motorcycle file and now they're gone. Until about 4 months ago I did not own a Pro Smuggy account and right now only have about 10 galleries with any right click protection or watermarking. Check it out, I have a ton of junk, family photos, other sports stuff etc... in my PRO account now. Check back in the thread Al, I didn't even know whose photo it was, but I had an idea of what the poster asking the question was talking about so I posted it up remembering that I had saved it a long time ago. If I had KNOWN whose photo it was I would have said so. It was simply marked utah1 or something in my Smuggy.

SORRY PLASTICSUN FOR THE MISUNDERSTANDING!

and here is my PM to Baldy dated 6/23

front page photo
Hey, thanks for putting my photo up of the sunset behind the mountains with the bike coming up the hill!

BUT!

The one with the campfire and big starry sky IS NOT MY PHOTO! I just reposted it because someone was asking about it. I don't really remember whose it was but it might have been from the Utards??

Regards,
brad21

Old 07-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #8406
Little Bike
Air/Clutz Sue

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchblade315 View Post
i agree this one needs to be on the front page.

+100,000,000
xt250 "Little Donkey" - sold August 2013
Honda Rebel "The Wee Beastie" - sold May 2013
Old 07-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #8407
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,656
Quote:
When you reposted PlasticSun's photo you didn't credit him for the work and left the viewer to try to figure out who the actual author is.

Know what's funny? It was already on the front page with credit going to the proper person.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #8408
brad21
Farting in a Fan

I blagged this off the web too, not sure who to give credit to, but it's not mine.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #8409
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,211
Quote:
I blagged this off the web too, not sure who to give credit to, but it's not mine.

A Few Past Bikes
: 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E | 2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure
Old 07-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #8410
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,211
Quote:
A Few Past Bikes
: 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E | 2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure
Old 07-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #8411
Saltbox
WTF is this?

Oddometer: 1,322
Old 07-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #8412
TobyG
be happy :)

Oddometer: 475

Old 07-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #8413
rodr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
pulled form Where did you ride today in MS thread, Tejas and gulf states.
I'd rather see the pic of it being turned around.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #8414
2twisted
GoodNYou

Oddometer: 2,674
Old 07-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #8415
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodr View Post
I'd rather see the pic of it being turned around.

knowing him it was on one wheel.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Closed Thread