ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2015, 09:08 AM   #1
Granitic OP
Rider

Oddometer: 37
COHVCO needs help protecting access: "We are desperate for funds..."

I received the letter below. We are up against well-funded and well-organized opponents. This morning I sent COHVCO another $100, the cost of a tire. Please consider donating.

http://www.cohvco.org/

To Our COHVCO supporters:

The start of the New Year will mark the 29th year that COHVCO has held back and very often driven back the government and anti-access zealots, back to make room for you to ride, drive or track your way across the land you love ..... but will we be here in 2015 to do it again? Our revenues are down and our workload doubled. Sound familiar?

With one exception we have no paid staff, so like you we are all volunteers. We desperately need your help to go on doing what we do best. And what is that you ask? Quietly and not so quietly we have turned small successes into major wins. Here is one page of hardfought wins from hundreds that tell you what we do:

1. Created the OHV Registration Grant Program, which has rai sed over $60 million for the maintenance and new construction of OHV routes to keep our public access.

2. Stopped legislation in Colorado to outlaw suspension modifications to 4X4s.

3. Employ a Professional Lobbyist at the State Capitol to stop the efforts to eliminate our sport and provide legislation to keep the sport alive.

4. Three time in twenty years either government or anti-access organizations have sought to steal more than 10 million dollars from our OHV fund ..... they lost.

5. We conducted the first economic impact study of motorized recreation to provide community leaders and businesses tools to understand that OHV recreation is vital to Colorado's economic health; we contribute nearly a billion dollars a yearl Who would have known without COHVCO?

6. Time and again, government with pressure from anti-access, has tried to mark us as lawbreakers, with the ongoing COHVCO law enforcement study it has shown th is to be false, false, false.

7. Successfully sued State Parks for kicking us out of open meetings; if they try it again they will be held in contempt by the District Court of Colorado.

8. The door swings both ways, as we also engage Parks and Wildlife and their many fair employees in understanding th is isn't about every other user they represent but it is also about us and they listen. We count.

9. Stopped the efforts of the anti-access fanatics from creating a sound test for OHVs that would have made OHVs illegal to operate. We rewrote the law to set a standard that can be met by all except those who are so loud they jeopardize their fellow rider's rights.

10. When thousands of miles of OHV routes have been threatened and proposed for closure, often at one time, COHVCO has joined multiple federal lawsuits to send a message to the federal government and the anti-access groups that we will not lay down. It is good for all when we find ourselves able to contest and often change negative land use outcomes in Court.

So please dig deep into your pocket and help us protect you for the next thirty years . We are desperate for funds, we need your help; indeed the enemy is at the gate.

Sincerely, COHVCO
Colorado Off Highway Vehicle Coalition, P.O. Box 741353, Arvada, CO 80006 Phone: 303-421-6255

Granitic screwed with this post 03-28-2015 at 10:46 AM
Granitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #2
GrizGirl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,431
Done.
GrizGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:28 PM   #3
Pariahtize
Miscategorized

Oddometer: 1,294
Yup.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:48 PM   #4
arroyo
??????????????????

Oddometer: 476
+1

COHVCO | Stay The Trail | TPA | BCTR | NCTR
arroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:41 PM   #5
Rossmoesis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
I matched your donation granitic and thanks to everybody who have donated thus far.
Rossmoesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM   #6
Gitana
A work in progress

Oddometer: 7,437
And don't forget Amazon Smile. COHVCO gets my money from it. Every time you order something on Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com.
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Gitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM   #7
JustinP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitana View Post
And don't forget Amazon Smile. COHVCO gets my money from it. Every time you order something on Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com.
I didn't know about that. Seems like free money for charities, just have to remember to use smile.amazon.com .
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM   #8
wakewop
Hucker

Oddometer: 777
Thanks for the tip Gitana. I order quite a bit on Amazon
wakewop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM   #9
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,041
In for a hundred.
Old Yesterday, 01:11 PM   #10
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,965
I'm sticking this for a while, we need COHVCO and COHVCO needs us.

And, I'm sending a donation.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #11
ski0351
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thumb Keep the Donations Coming!

+1 - Keep it coming Colorado! Encourage all your friends that ride to do the same.
ski0351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #12
Skratchy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
done

I donated $100. Jump in folks!