|03-28-2015, 09:08 AM||#1|
Joined: Oct 2014
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
COHVCO needs help protecting access: "We are desperate for funds..."
I received the letter below. We are up against well-funded and well-organized opponents. This morning I sent COHVCO another $100, the cost of a tire. Please consider donating.
To Our COHVCO supporters:
The start of the New Year will mark the 29th year that COHVCO has held back and very often driven back the government and anti-access zealots, back to make room for you to ride, drive or track your way across the land you love ..... but will we be here in 2015 to do it again? Our revenues are down and our workload doubled. Sound familiar?
With one exception we have no paid staff, so like you we are all volunteers. We desperately need your help to go on doing what we do best. And what is that you ask? Quietly and not so quietly we have turned small successes into major wins. Here is one page of hardfought wins from hundreds that tell you what we do:
1. Created the OHV Registration Grant Program, which has rai sed over $60 million for the maintenance and new construction of OHV routes to keep our public access.
2. Stopped legislation in Colorado to outlaw suspension modifications to 4X4s.
3. Employ a Professional Lobbyist at the State Capitol to stop the efforts to eliminate our sport and provide legislation to keep the sport alive.
4. Three time in twenty years either government or anti-access organizations have sought to steal more than 10 million dollars from our OHV fund ..... they lost.
5. We conducted the first economic impact study of motorized recreation to provide community leaders and businesses tools to understand that OHV recreation is vital to Colorado's economic health; we contribute nearly a billion dollars a yearl Who would have known without COHVCO?
6. Time and again, government with pressure from anti-access, has tried to mark us as lawbreakers, with the ongoing COHVCO law enforcement study it has shown th is to be false, false, false.
7. Successfully sued State Parks for kicking us out of open meetings; if they try it again they will be held in contempt by the District Court of Colorado.
8. The door swings both ways, as we also engage Parks and Wildlife and their many fair employees in understanding th is isn't about every other user they represent but it is also about us and they listen. We count.
9. Stopped the efforts of the anti-access fanatics from creating a sound test for OHVs that would have made OHVs illegal to operate. We rewrote the law to set a standard that can be met by all except those who are so loud they jeopardize their fellow rider's rights.
10. When thousands of miles of OHV routes have been threatened and proposed for closure, often at one time, COHVCO has joined multiple federal lawsuits to send a message to the federal government and the anti-access groups that we will not lay down. It is good for all when we find ourselves able to contest and often change negative land use outcomes in Court.
So please dig deep into your pocket and help us protect you for the next thirty years . We are desperate for funds, we need your help; indeed the enemy is at the gate.
Colorado Off Highway Vehicle Coalition, P.O. Box 741353, Arvada, CO 80006 Phone: 303-421-6255
Granitic screwed with this post 03-28-2015 at 10:46 AM
|03-29-2015, 08:28 PM||#3|
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Northern (FR), CO
"Be of good cheer. All may yet be well. There's many a fork, I think, on the road from here to destruction."
|Yesterday, 12:38 PM||#6|
A work in progress
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Summit County CO
And don't forget Amazon Smile. COHVCO gets my money from it. Every time you order something on Amazon, go to smile.amazon.com.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes. - William Gibson
"Life gets mighty precious when there's less of it to waste." - Bonnie Raitt
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
|Yesterday, 12:44 PM||#7|
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny Colorado
|Yesterday, 01:11 PM||#10|
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
I'm sticking this for a while, we need COHVCO and COHVCO needs us.
And, I'm sending a donation.
|Yesterday, 07:44 PM||#12|
Joined: Oct 2013
I donated $100. Jump in folks!
"She was the Picasso of passive aggressive karate"- Irving Rosenfeld
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|