ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2011, 11:00 AM   #15841
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
Had a great 3 days down near price. The highlight of my weekend was watching my 3 year old take off by himself down desert singletrack and ride over rocks bigger then his bike.

frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:13 AM   #15842
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
That's actually WEST fork of the Duchesne to the rest of us. Bu I am impressed you rode that bike thru there. Remember I durg u thru there on the KLR not long back. And w/o knobs...
East, West, North, tomato tomaato. That was the easy section compared to what
they had in store for us.

I didn't remember it until I saw the shack. Knobs? Those are for mud and sand.
pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #15843
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Had a great 3 days down near price. The highlight of my weekend was watching my 3 year old take off by himself down desert singletrack and ride over rocks bigger then his bike.

That apple fell close to the tree. When we get a photo of the Ocet apart all over the garage
then it will be official.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:44 AM   #15844
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
Not unless you dropped it!

You chose to sacrifice a BMW instead. Good thinking!
I don't wanna drop it.

Made it 8 years on the Strom. Even hitting the cow
it stayed up. Cost me my nuts, small price to pay.

Shit, there were too many BMWs anyway.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 AM   #15845
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
That apple fell close to the tree. When we get a photo of the Ocet apart all over the garage
then it will be official.

He works on it all the time but unlike a ktm it's just plug it in not an engine overhaul.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:57 AM   #15846
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
He works on it all the time but unlike a ktm it's just plug it in not an engine overhaul.
Love the Oset, plug it in, forget about it. When it is time to ride, turn a key, and she is of riding while all her friend's fathers are F*cking with carbs, pulling plugs, draining gas, cursing, etc.

Last time we went out, the kids were all lined up in their gear to ride the Oset. I watched over the kidos while all their fathers tinkered with the gas-powered bikes.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:01 PM   #15847
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
Love the Oset, plug it in, forget about it. When it is time to ride, turn a key, and she is of riding while all her friend's fathers are F*cking with carbs, pulling plugs, draining gas, cursing, etc.

Last time we went out, the kids were all lined up in their gear to ride the Oset. I watched over the kidos while all their fathers tinkered with the gas-powered bikes.
The only problem is they run the batteries out before the day is done. Just need to order another set and swap them out when they die. But other then that they are awesome and super easy for the kids to learn on.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:25 PM   #15848
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Nice overlook on Strawberry. A quad guy offered to take our picture. We told him we were
"Gay Christian Riders who go out on Sunday to show God our love for him and each other"

Man Kevin was quick to mention he didn't know us and was not part of the group.
He needs a little more time on this thread to figure us out.

Never mind Kevin. I think we may have found some new recruits. Look like Brokeback Bikers to me.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:36 PM   #15849
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:

Last time we went out, the kids were all lined up in their gear to ride the Oset. I watched over the kidos while all their fathers tinkered with the KTM gas-powered bikes.
Fixt for accuracy.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #15850
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Fixt for accuracy.
Nice try, but they were all yellow, blue and red
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #15851
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Nice try, but they were all yellow, blue and red
If I had orange I'd paint it too.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:53 PM   #15852
dakardad
Not waiting for anyone

Oddometer: 442
Comb Wash

Makin a late trip south and I might make the Comb Wash. Seems you can go on the East or West side. I havent been thru it before and would like to know which side is the better in terms of scenic wonder/interesting.
A brief description of what rd conditions I should expect would be nice.
Thanks
Old 10-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #15853
mknight
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakardad View Post
Makin a late trip south and I might make the Comb Wash. Seems you can go on the East or West side. I havent been thru it before and would like to know which side is the better in terms of scenic wonder/interesting.
A brief description of what rd conditions I should expect would be nice.
Thanks
I've only ridden the west side, and I'm sure they're both great, but I think the west side is more dramatic because you have the full scope of the Ridge to your east. Road is a little bit sandy in places, but nothing a twist of the throttle won't cure.

I rode it a year ago May from south to North. If you cross the highway and continue north, you climb up a really really cool jeep road with a few good obstacles. Here's a pic of my buddy heading north with Comb Ridge on the right:

North of the highway, a great route up towards the Abajos. This pic kind of blurry but shows the road cut through the mountain:

I also rode it the previous November on my KTM300, but I rode Arch Canyon which branches to the northwest right where the highway intersects the wash and Comb Ridge. Some really awesome cliff dwellings all up and down that canyon.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:46 PM   #15854
mknight
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Friday and Saturday I spent working the Sage Riders USRA desert race at Indianola. I worked Check Point 2 and I'm sure I marked the fender and sucked down the dust of a few fellow Utards that dabble in the desert racing scene.

Sunday, I was back at home with good intentions of accomplishing some honey-do's when the sunny weather just got the best of me so I hopped on the big bike and headed east to Monte Cristo to do some further exploration of some dirt roads that I had to cut short last month.

I know that most of the land south of the summit of Monte Cristo eventually terminates at Deseret Land & Livestock (private land) but I somehow optimistically thought I would find a route that would go around so I could find a viable route to get south towards Lost Creek Reservoir, Coalville, or that general direction. That's where I like to pick up Chalk Creek and head towards the Uintas so was hoping to add some dirt to get there for future reference.

Unfortunately, as I expected, I ran into lots and lots of this:

But, the view more than made up for it. If you look closely to the southeast are the snow packed peaks of the Uintas.

Almost, exactly one month ago, I stood in the same place. It looked different with the vibrant colors.

And it made me sad to the see the snow on the Uintas. I was just there in September. Getting the 950 a bit dirty on Elizabeth Ridge (this was in September.....I already miss summer!).

Another pic from Yesterday.

Anybody know of a way to get from the summit of Highway 39 (Monte Cristo) south to anywhere near Evanston, Croydon, Lost Creek, Henefer, etc.? I think most of it is land-locked due to private property.

And....just because I can, here's a pic of the big girl last weekend (UEA) at White Wash sand dunes.

Is it spring yet?

mknight screwed with this post 10-31-2011 at 03:18 PM
mknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:57 PM   #15855
dakardad
Not waiting for anyone

Oddometer: 442
Perfect, and thanks for the pics.