ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2011, 03:16 PM   #15856
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknight View Post
And....just becuase I can, here's a pic of the big girl last weekend (UEA) at White Wash sand dunes.

Is it spring yet?

SAND? Gulp.

Kryptonite to Superman. Garlic to a vampire. Bible to a Muslum.
Alcohol to a Mormon. Pre-marital sex to a Catholic. Touratech to a KLR owner.

Please don't post stuff like that around here. Sand is my nemesis.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #15857
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,266
I've done the west side of Comb Ridge (commonly called Comb Wash) and it is spectacular. I'm sure the east is fine but you are down in the wash I think it would be much prettier...

Hope it helps...

Cycles South Vintage Moto Trek Movie - check out all 7 parts
dieselcruiserhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #15858
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
SAND?
Please don't post stuff like that around here. Sand is my nemesis.

Yup

Oh, and big rocks too.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #15859
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Had a great 3 days down near price. The highlight of my weekend was watching my 3 year old take off by himself down desert singletrack and ride over rocks bigger then his bike.

That's awesome. How much do those little bikes go for?
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:55 PM   #15860
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Never mind Kevin. I think we may have found some new recruits. Look like Brokeback Bikers to me.

LOL! I was just catching up with this thread (thanks for posting my humiliation by the way ) when I ran across this.... OMG.... I'm really happy I wasn't drinking anything, cause it would have been all over the screen! LMAO! Classic!

Awesome job on the RR Pluric! I need to catch up with you to return the strap I borrowed from you... wish I wouldn't have needed it, but that's obviously besides the point!

I've learned my lesson, I'll tell ya what.... from now on if someone says "there might be some rocks".... I'm taking the KTM... and if someone says something like "yeah, that's a tough ride"... I ain't going near it, noway, no how! LOL! Seriously though, I had a really great time other than the digger, and that really pisses me off since it happened on such a simple, flat spot... D'OH!!! You guys are some good riders, I'm really looking forward to getting out with you all again!

Thanks for leading Doug, and thanks everyone else for helping me duct tape and bailing wire my way back out of the woods!

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #15861
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheeladv View Post
Pluric, nice ride report and photos. Sorry we bailed, but didn't want Isaac riding solo after the crash . After fueling in Heber, we rode the backside of Guardsman to Big Cottonwood and then home. Hopefully Isaac and CT Kevin aren't too sore this morning after their unintentional contact with the trail. BMW relieving them of several hundred dead Presidents should perk them up . KTM Doug hauls ass, thanks for the trail guiding and dust Doug.

Lets do it again soon!

Yeah, I looked up the price of that headlight..... $500...

And putting on my left sock this morning was an exercise in futility.... OWWW..... That was the hardest I've hit the ground in a long while.... never even got a foot down.... just "BAM!" and the sound of my helmet digging a trench and my wallet being run through a shredder....
I'd post a picture of the black and blue on my kidney / ass area, but out of respect for those who still have eyesight, decided against it.... (that and giving Pluric any perverted fantasies.... )

I hope Isaac came out of his digger OK? Sorry I wasn't there to help out, but it sounds like Doug had it covered!

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:17 PM   #15862
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Some panicked Vernal parent is looking for their little blond daughter right now!

Perfect day for you to use your "Hey little girl, want some candy?"
Old 10-31-2011, 08:51 PM   #15863
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead View Post
That's awesome. How much do those little bikes go for?

The 12 is $950. Expensive but they hold there value really well. They also make a 16 that is just a little bigger with more motor and a 16 that is a lot more motor.

http://osetbike.com/Pages/Products/Bikes1.html
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:54 PM   #15864
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
The 12 is $950. Expensive but they hold there value really well. They also make a 16 that is just a little bigger with more motor and a 16 that is a lot more motor.

http://osetbike.com/Pages/Products/Bikes1.html
Awesome, thanks. I'll probably buy one for the youngster one day. Maybe I'll buy yours when you're done with it, but wait, you have a youngin' still under age 1 too, right?
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:07 PM   #15865
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

The quiet thing would be nice for a back yard or camp area.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...d=&search=oset

I still would buy gas. If my Z 50s take more than one kick to start it's because
I had the kill switch on.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:52 PM   #15866
Singletrkmind
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
2wheeladv Kevin, thanks for putting together the ride Sunday. Great to meet and ride with all of you!

Pluric - Good to see someone takes more pics than me, great job. Meeting that truck/trailer in a right hander completely in my lane of travel up Co-op Crk. seriouly got my blood boiling. I turned to catch him hoping to stop him before he took out someone, only to see Issac come around a right hander, attempt to evade, but he tucked the front tire and went down. Glad you're okay Isaac. Damn, the Tenere is pretty quick, I had the 990 breathing hard behind you on WC!

CT Kevin - Getting crossed up in ruts and hitting the dirt hard is no fun. The BMW didn't fare near as well as you did!
Tuff Tunica - Did you make it over to Skyline Dr and down Huntington Canyon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheeladv View Post
Pluric, nice ride report and photos. Sorry we bailed, but didn't want Isaac riding solo after the crash . After fueling in Heber, we rode the backside of Guardsman to Big Cottonwood and then home. Hopefully Isaac and CT Kevin aren't too sore this morning after their unintentional contact with the trail. BMW relieving them of several hundred dead Presidents should perk them up . KTM Doug hauls ass, thanks for the trail guiding and dust Doug.

Lets do it again soon!
Attached Images

yada, yada, yada
Singletrkmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:26 PM   #15867
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,763
I really hate to intrude on this Utard Love Fest...........but why don't you just go down and Occupy Salt Lake..........?

Fruggin A..........somebody got my bike dirty..........and that pissant.......( a Wyoming coloquilism for muthafucka )..........had better clean it back up...........

GK and TT..........do you have a hand in this despicable condition..............?
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #15868
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post

Fruggin A..........somebody got my bike dirty..........and that pissant.......( a Wyoming coloquilism for muthafucka )..........had better clean it back up...........

GK and TT..........do you have a hand in this despicable condition..............?
Oh did the garage queen get a little dust? You call that dirty??? You could piss the dirt of of that
but it would be a waste of good piss.

You can call back when it's actually dirty.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #15869
miatre
So yeah about that.

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead View Post
Traded my pumpkin in for some tracks for the Samurai. One bike now, just an old 1996 XR600R that will work just fine. I'm going to pay attention to see how people like the bike Harcus just bought and maybe get one of those next.
neat trade.
post updated pictures and in use pictures.
hope that lil 4 banger has enough ump for this.
looks super fun!
miatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #15870
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,694
Moab mini RR

Day 1: Courthouse area
Day 2: Long Cyn, Shaffer switchbacks, White Rim
Day 3: Cane Creek, Behind the Rocks, Pritchett Cyn

Here's TrailTwister

and the Walrus

On the way to Gemini

Can you see the rider?

TrailTwister cleaned this brain twister on his 950 Adventure steeper than it looks

Great time guys!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote