ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 05:30 PM   #16771
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead View Post
Did ya wheelie it first thing?
I tried, Walrus had a brand new knobby and the streets were cold.

It did do a few nice burnouts. Couldn't get it to hook up enough to wheelie.

Nice bike!
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #16772
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
Isn't that harcus' ride??
I thought walrus was on a black 950.
Too clean to be a Harcus bike. It's Kens. He just got the tire on for the trip
and Harcus side bags. I'm sitting in my office and hear a bang on my window.
I look up and Ken is on the sidewalk, on the KTM, with a big shit eating grin.

Where's a cop when you need one?
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #16773
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo1 View Post
The value of that bike just dropped!
I don't know about the value,but the suspension sure did.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #16774
harcus
Beastly Adventurer
 
harcus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Edge of the Wasatch
Oddometer: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I don't know about the value,but the suspension sure did.
But you look 20 years younger!
__________________
Want Creative Adventure Products? - See Globetrottin.com

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:31 PM   #16775
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
But you look 20 years younger!
Vintage looking bikes do that to me. Would someone please call KTM and let them
know that it's a new decade now? Star Wars was just a movie.... let it go.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #16776
pilo
Rhymes with below
 
pilo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: SLC, UT
Oddometer: 857
What happened to Ken's 690? All these bikes get me so confused.
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #16777
RetrogradE
Banned
 
RetrogradE's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Cap City, Utah
Oddometer: 1,226
Man, that 990 looks showroom.

Ken, do you still have your K bike?
RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #16778
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I don't know about the value,but the suspension sure did.


I did some horse trading last year.......sold #3 XR650's and the 950.......slimmed down 20 lbs but still not skinny.........and picked up the 690 and 990 options.....will sell the K12RS when the weather warms......just don't ride it enough...........
__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #16779
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post

I did some horse trading last year.......sold #3 XR650's and the 950.......slimmed down 20 lbs but still not skinny.........and picked up the 690 and 990 options.....will sell the K12RS when the weather warms......just don't ride it enough...........
I sold the FJR 2 weeks ago for the same reason. Rotting in the garage. Still rotting in my garage.
The Buyer was from Australia and won't be here again until September. That's two FJRs I'm storing
now for Aussie riders.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #16780
HickOnACrick
Groovinator
 
HickOnACrick's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Utarded in Lubbuttock
Oddometer: 2,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
It must be a Euro thing...




Not Euro - that street is a well-known street in Manhattan (8th street I think??). Basically an entire street devoted to "Alternative Lifestyle". Lots of whips, leather, piercings and tattoos. Cool thing is it is right next to some of the best Indian/Pakistani food in the world.
__________________
KTM 500 XCW, BMW K1600GTL
950 SER 300 XC
Composites 101
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #16781
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
Not Euro - that street is a well-known street in Manhattan (8th street I think??). Basically an entire street devoted to "Alternative Lifestyle". Lots of whips, leather, piercings and tattoos. Cool thing is it is right next to some of the best Indian/Pakistani food in the world.
How do you eat with a gag ball sunshine?
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #16782
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Park City, Utah
Oddometer: 1,230
Doing a trip with a couple friends on April 4-8 on our LADBs (light ass dirt bikes - KTM 450s and such). I have a friend who's about 6'1-6'2ish (so slightly taller) and a solid 200 lbs who is flying in who's looking to rent or possibly buy and then sell afterwards. Skilled rider. KTM EXC / XC-W or CRF-X would all work. We're likely starting and ending in Green River. Edge won't let pre-reserve for the trip and/or may not have their demos yet. Jim Ryan down in Moab at Dual Sport Utah may have something but would have to shuttle bikes and after 4 days would likely be about $1G out the door. Might as well pick something up at $2-3G I figure and then sell it perhaps. It doesn't need to be nice and the terrain isn't super hard, a XR400 might work or even a XR650R but has to be setup for a bigger guy and be somewhat light...

Let me know if anyone has any ideas or wants to make something like $500 letting their bike run for 4 days.... Needs to have long range capabilities ideally...

thanks andre
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #16783
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Park City, Utah
Oddometer: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post

I did some horse trading last year.......sold #3 XR650's and the 950.......slimmed down 20 lbs but still not skinny.........and picked up the 690 and 990 options.....will sell the K12RS when the weather warms......just don't ride it enough...........
good riddance that thing is hideous.. 990 and 690 MMMM...

May be selling various things like a completely built Cummins 4BT engine (anyone interested?) and considering a 690 again... Kens bike has me drooling... :)
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #16784
Roostre
Discombobulated
 
Roostre's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SL, UT
Oddometer: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
good riddance that thing is hideous.. 990 and 690 MMMM...

May be selling various things like a completely built Cummins 4BT engine (anyone interested?) and considering a 690 again... Kens bike has me drooling... :)

Got a 6BT and a ZF5 adapter??

I've run across lots of your posts over at 4BT...
Roostre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #16785
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,670
Got ya covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
Doing a trip with a couple friends on April 4-8 on our LADBs (light ass dirt bikes - KTM 450s and such). I have a friend who's about 6'1-6'2ish (so slightly taller) and a solid 200 lbs who is flying in who's looking to rent or possibly buy and then sell afterwards. Skilled rider. KTM EXC / XC-W or CRF-X would all work. We're likely starting and ending in Green River. Edge won't let pre-reserve for the trip and/or may not have their demos yet. Jim Ryan down in Moab at Dual Sport Utah may have something but would have to shuttle bikes and after 4 days would likely be about $1G out the door. Might as well pick something up at $2-3G I figure and then sell it perhaps. It doesn't need to be nice and the terrain isn't super hard, a XR400 might work or even a XR650R but has to be setup for a bigger guy and be somewhat light...

Let me know if anyone has any ideas or wants to make something like $500 letting their bike run for 4 days.... Needs to have long range capabilities ideally...

thanks andre


2002 XR400

Ready for ADV riding! I need the cash, so i'd rather sell than rent, and I'd hate to see it go.

300 miles on new top end including: (all tech stuff done by Lindsey Machine!, but grunt stuff by me..)
-valves
-valve guides
-rings
-wiseco 11:1 high compression piston
-cam chain
-cylinder hone/bore

Mikuni Pumper Carburator (~$500 new)
Tall rise fat bars (I'm 6'2", set up for me)
Scotts steering damper(~$500 new)
hand gaurds
wrapped header
200 Watt stator (ricky, $150ish
100 watt headlight
headlight roost screen
bash plate
pro moto billet rear rack (DS ready, $150)
dirt bagz saddle bags(google$ it, 150?)
rear disk gaurd
transparent desert tank $250ish
acerbis rear fender w/ LED brake light $100ish?
Baja Designs Street legal kit $400ish?
75% percent of an extra parts bike


I'm keeping my XR650R that is set up the same way. I built this up for my wife when she rides and a light bike for me when she's not, and she's not riding as much as she should so it's got to go! she rides fire roads, so I'll put her on my XR650 on the dirt while i ride my commuter Wee-Strom, and switch for highway. Do me a favor and make an offer. This thing rips.


...can i come?
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014