ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #16891
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
If this thread turns into a group hug, I'm going back to toxic men.
Corrected for honesty. It's cool Ryman. Between you and BrShootr we all suspected as much.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #16892
RetrogradE
Banned
 
RetrogradE's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Cap City, Utah
Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
If this thread turns into a group hug, I'm going back to toxic britnay.
I'll be group hugging some of these fellas in Baja next week. It's gonna get freaky.





RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #16893
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradE View Post
I'll be group hugging some of these fellas in Baja next week. It's gonna get freaky.
Last time I was in Mexico it was Todd-squad getting all the hug action......



I don't know is it me? He sure seems to be enjoying the little river romp.

Let's keep those hands above the waterline there boys.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #16894
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
frog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Heber City, UT
Oddometer: 2,743
I know this isn't about man love but I have a truck that will be empty tomorrow heading back to slc from grand junction. If anyone needs anything brought to slc pm me.
__________________
Thank you MX1WEST, Highway Dirt Bikes Lindsay Machine, Smart Performance, SPS for the Support
257x Solo Baja 1000
If I had not some strength of will I would make a first class drunkard--Shackleton
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #16895
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Last time I was in Mexico it was Todd-squad getting all the hug action......



I don't know is it me? He sure seems to be enjoying the little river romp.

Let's keep those hands above the waterline there boys.
To Todd's benefit, I think he has his right hand at the ready, in case the local tries any funny stuff, in which a swift drowning would likely occur from the big American.
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #16896
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead View Post
To Todd's benefit, I think he has his right hand at the ready, in case the local tries any funny stuff, in which a swift drowning would likely occur from the big American.
That's one take. Having been there I took it as he was poised and ready to finish the embrace.

I've got to stop. Todd hates this shit and I may need some computer work out of him.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #16897
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,684
vid...

http://www.xmission.com/~slcorganics...owell_0001.wmv

I was trying to find this for dieselCruiserHead the other day, but figured it may help get a few of you tards through the winter. It's not embedded because the soundtrack gets it banned from YouTube for copyright bs. I'll likely be doing an alternate version of this in May and hopefully not get rained on the whole time like last time.
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #16898
Todd-Squad
See Ya, Bye.
 
Todd-Squad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The great state of Utah
Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Last time I was in Mexico it was Todd-squad getting all the hug action......



I don't know is it me? He sure seems to be enjoying the little river romp.

Let's keep those hands above the waterline there boys.
This was unquestionably the strangest experience of my life. Pluric is all set to take my picture in the bottom of Copper Canyon. When all of the sudden this little salamander of man pops up out of the water and puts his arm on my shoulder to pose for the picture. I have no idea where this guy came from.

Todd-Squad
__________________
A ride you say? When and Where?
My Favorite Pics
Todd-Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #16899
Todd-Squad
See Ya, Bye.
 
Todd-Squad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The great state of Utah
Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
http://www.xmission.com/~slcorganics...owell_0001.wmv

I was trying to find this for dieselCruiserHead the other day, but figured it may help get a few of you tards through the winter. It's not embedded because the soundtrack gets it banned from YouTube for copyright bs. I'll likely be doing an alternate version of this in May and hopefully not get rained on the whole time like last time.
Nicely done on the video Kev. I particularly liked the beginning of the flash flood at the very beginning.
__________________
A ride you say? When and Where?
My Favorite Pics
Todd-Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #16900
dakardad
Not waiting for anyone
 
dakardad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: SLC/Boulder, Ut.
Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
What are other Utards doing for good hard long wearing knobby for moto/ADV style riding that work OK on the street (ie can corner OK, stop OK), but do not necessarily have to be DOT. Basically, are there other options besides the Maxxis Desert IT that also work pretty well in terms of doing a good job but also lasting? Dunlop 606 is definitely out in my book. I have a Bridgestone Gritty ED78 on my bike right now and I know that those work pretty well. Can someone comment on those and/or any other tires that work pretty well?

thanks
I run the DOT Motoz desert ht.
Ive found them better than the 606 except in mud. I think they wear better than a 606 too.
Those are the only two i ride and the Motoz is clearly superior.
On the street I lean em both till the wear is half of the outer knob and both hold but the 606s seem to give way, faster. The Motoz hold better, but only marginally.
For gravel sand and general desert the Motoz is king as far as Im concerned.
Try 'em. Their only a few bucks more.
__________________
Where am I going you ask.... I dunno really
just THATAWAY!!
dakardad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #16901
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
http://www.xmission.com/~slcorganics...owell_0001.wmv

I was trying to find this for dieselCruiserHead the other day, but figured it may help get a few of you tards through the winter. It's not embedded because the soundtrack gets it banned from YouTube for copyright bs. I'll likely be doing an alternate version of this in May and hopefully not get rained on the whole time like last time.
Staying out of the mountains?
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #16902
Roostre
Discombobulated
 
Roostre's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: SL, UT
Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd-Squad View Post
Nicely done on the video Kev. I particularly liked the beginning of the flash flood at the very beginning.

^^^^^^

Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #16903
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 15,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd-Squad View Post
This was unquestionably the greatest experience of my life. Pluric is all set to take my picture in the bottom of Copper Canyon. When all of the sudden this little heart throb of man pops up out of the water and puts his arm on my shoulder to pose for the picture. I had no idea I could ever feel this way.

Todd-Squad
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #16904
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
frog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Heber City, UT
Oddometer: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakardad View Post
I run the DOT Motoz desert ht.
Ive found them better than the 606 except in mud. I think they wear better than a 606 too.
Those are the only two i ride and the Motoz is clearly superior.
On the street I lean em both till the wear is half of the outer knob and both hold but the 606s seem to give way, faster. The Motoz hold better, but only marginally.
For gravel sand and general desert the Motoz is king as far as Im concerned.
Try 'em. Their only a few bucks more.
I tried the motoz on my se and hated them. The front is a pita to get to seat the bead. On most terrain it gave no warning before it let loose. And the rear had a really hard time hooking up. They wear OK but I took them off before they were done.


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
__________________
Thank you MX1WEST, Highway Dirt Bikes Lindsay Machine, Smart Performance, SPS for the Support
257x Solo Baja 1000
If I had not some strength of will I would make a first class drunkard--Shackleton

frog screwed with this post 02-09-2012 at 07:56 PM
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #16905
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Park City, Utah
Oddometer: 1,238
The motoz are those Australian tires, right?

Kev still downloading but psyched... I use Vimeo sometimes which is pretty awesome and doesn't have the restrictions of Google, er, I mean youtube..

dieselcruiserhead screwed with this post 02-09-2012 at 09:51 PM
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014