ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #16891
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd-Squad View Post
This was unquestionably the greatest experience of my life. Pluric is all set to take my picture in the bottom of Copper Canyon. When all of the sudden this little heart throb of man pops up out of the water and puts his arm on my shoulder to pose for the picture. I had no idea I could ever feel this way.

Todd-Squad
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #16892
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakardad View Post
I run the DOT Motoz desert ht.
Ive found them better than the 606 except in mud. I think they wear better than a 606 too.
Those are the only two i ride and the Motoz is clearly superior.
On the street I lean em both till the wear is half of the outer knob and both hold but the 606s seem to give way, faster. The Motoz hold better, but only marginally.
For gravel sand and general desert the Motoz is king as far as Im concerned.
Try 'em. Their only a few bucks more.
I tried the motoz on my se and hated them. The front is a pita to get to seat the bead. On most terrain it gave no warning before it let loose. And the rear had a really hard time hooking up. They wear OK but I took them off before they were done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

frog screwed with this post 02-09-2012 at 08:56 PM
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #16893
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,419
The motoz are those Australian tires, right?

Kev still downloading but psyched... I use Vimeo sometimes which is pretty awesome and doesn't have the restrictions of Google, er, I mean youtube..

Cycles South Vintage Moto Trek Movie - check out all 7 parts

dieselcruiserhead screwed with this post 02-09-2012 at 10:51 PM
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #16894
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
http://www.xmission.com/~slcorganics...owell_0001.wmv

I was trying to find this for dieselCruiserHead the other day, but figured it may help get a few of you tards through the winter. It's not embedded because the soundtrack gets it banned from YouTube for copyright bs. I'll likely be doing an alternate version of this in May and hopefully not get rained on the whole time like last time.
If it's an open invite I'd like to try and blow another motor on that ride.

Very nice video Kev.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #16895
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
If it's an open invite I'd like to try and blow WALRUS on that ride.

Very nice video Kev.
Fixed.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #16896
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Oddometer: 2,754
We need to plan a Book Cliffs to Green River, then east across the desert. Then north on the east side of the Green River across/near reservation land, then back to Vernal for a party with Ryman's flock of sheep he has.

This red rock shit is getting played out. The Book Cliffs, on both sides of the river, is where the mystery lies. There's some random shit along the east bank of the Green that I'd love to check out, but it's on the rez. That would be a good spring ride.
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #16897
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Fixed.
I don't know why you have to be such a jealous little bitch.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #16898
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead View Post
We need to plan a Book Cliffs to Green River, then east across the desert. Then north on the east side of the Green River across/near reservation land, then back to Vernal for a party with Ryman's flock of sheep he has.

This red rock shit is getting played out. The Book Cliffs, on both sides of the river, is where the mystery lies. There's some random shit along the east bank of the Green that I'd love to check out, but it's on the rez. That would be a good spring ride.
No, YOU need to plan it and WE just need to show up. I like those much better.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #16899
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead View Post
Jim Ryan at DualSportUtah was saying that there is a trail up in the book cliffs and I believe he called it the Johnson trail or something. I'll try to get specifics as I've been looking at this a lot..

totally in a for a good group outing utarded style like some of these vids I've seen... they look like a blast..!

Old 02-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #16900
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
Jim Ryan at DualSportUtah was saying that there is a trail up in the book cliffs and I believe he called it the Johnson trail or something. I'll try to get specifics as I've been looking at this a lot..

totally in a for a good group outing utarded style like some of these vids I've seen... they look like a blast..!
No beta, we don't need local beta. Would be nice to ride something Utards don't ride every week. I'm not sure how much time Ryman has spent in western Colorado, but that area and far eastern Utah seems like it could be cool. The Books Cliffs on the Utah side have no viable north to south route in them to Green River. None that is legal anyway.

I could probably swing an early June four day ride, but like always, it has to be during the week for me because I work weekends.

trackhead screwed with this post 02-10-2012 at 12:54 PM
Old 02-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #16901
trackhead
Utard Wankster

I'm also tweaking to ride out of SLC and slab it to Rock Springs, then rally and try to make it to eastern Wyoming National Grasslands and back. That part of the state, out by Mt. Rushmore area, is pretty amazing. Doing that in the spring, when it's green, would be kick ass. Probably a big-bike suitable ride.

I need a 990.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #16902
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

I need/want a 690 after seeing Walrus' ride, personally. But am happy on the old 520 hog... Got some new springs on there rebuilding the fork this weekend. Psyched...

Old 02-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #16903
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
I need/want a 690 after seeing Walrus' ride, personally. But am happy on the old 520 hog... Got some new springs on there rebuilding the fork this weekend. Psyched...
Yeah, the 690 seems pretty sweet, but it's too in-between for me. I think I'm a perma-450 light bike kinda guy. I need to hit Harcus over the head and steel his new steed.

After that Colorado ride though, I'm game for a year or two of parking my ass on a big, comfy seat (XR600) and just chillin and wearing out all these left over tires I have sitting in my garage.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #16904
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Yeah sounds good to me. Agree about the 690 thing but man are they nice... Basically a tuned up fast fuel injected 650 with better suspension?

Old 02-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #16905
duckfart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Have any of you ever ran a pirelli mt43. If so how did it hookup and how was the wear?
duckfart is offline   Reply With Quote