ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #17386
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradE View Post
Thanks, Rick. I appreciate your words and your PM.

Since you bring up Walrus I have to say: he's the only guy I've ever lied to about how my dad died and I don't feel bad about saying any of this stuff because I think he's a pretentious bore and would tell him to his face if I ever saw him again. We were driving down to Yuma and he was motoring along, story after story, and somehow got talking about a guy he knows who kilt himself--and this is the part I can't remember exactly so I'm not going to swear he said it--but told me his friend tried to get some help and got on some medication and it gave him just enough energy to kill himself, therefore damning him. And the next sentence, "So, how did your dad die?" He asks, maybe one of three questions he'd asked me the entire trip because he was so damned busy foaming out the mouth with all the stupid shit he wanted to talk about.

"Heart attack." The lie came so effortlessly I was surprised.

"How old was he?" This was the second of three questions on the trip.

"57."

"Oh man, well, sounds like you have a family history there--you should really get a lipid profile [blah blah blah] when you get back. Take it from me, I'm the father of modern medicine and if I was any more perfect you'd be celebrating my birthday on Christmas." Or some shit like that and I knew I'd made the right choice not telling him the truth. Besides, I didn't think he deserved the truth as it was so I stand behind the lie.

I was very careful in my ride repot on Baja not to mention him by name because I didn't want to look spiteful or mean but felt his personality was at the core of my frustration that trip so I had to include him, just with an assumed name. But now I don't care. If he has issue with me, he can write his own ride report or post up and tell people I'm an asshole or post it here, because I probably am. The way my family is dying off, I might as well be honest until the government puts us on the endangered species list. Also, I'm thinking the Good die young and if I become an asshole (or a bigger asshole) maybe I'll stick around longer for my kids.

Anyway, I just heard a song on the radio (as I sit outside the MacDo replying to work emails since I'm in Vegas) that brought me peace:

"It's hard out there for a pimp /
when you're trying to get this money for the rent /
when the Cadillac and gas money spent /
a whole lotta bitches talking shit."

Oh wait, it wasn't that song.

It was this one:

"Old man down, way down down, down by the docks of the city.
Blind and dirty, asked me for a dime, a dime for a cup of coffee.
I got no dime but I got some time to hear his story.
My name is august west, and I love my pearly baker best more than my wine.
More than my wine - more than my maker, though hes no friend of mine.

Everyone said, I'd come to no good, I knew I would Pearly, believe them.
Half of my life, I spent doin time for some other fuckers crime,
The other half found me stumbling round drunk on burgundy wine.

But Ill get back on my feet again someday,
The good lord willin, if he says I may.
I know that the life I'm livin's no good,
Ill get a new start, live the life I should.
Ill get up and fly away, Ill get up and fly away, fly away."

--Warf Rat (by The Grateful Dead).
delete
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.

The Walrus screwed with this post 04-05-2012 at 07:30 AM
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #17387
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Quote:
No genetic link to these deaths.

You can PM me for details if you're curious, but they are all independent.

And not to leave you with a cliffhanger, but all this stuff is so bizarre it should be put in a book. People would think it's a novel because you can't make this shit up. Except maybe Sartre.
delete
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #17388
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

I've been pretty busy..........butt this is just getting too good not to document...........

Old 04-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #17389
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
Quote:
Who's the Utard that's into these tracks systems?

This one is for sale.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/03/e...into-our-hear/
Appropriately, Trackhead. Much irony in this world.

Current rides - '03 ST1300 74k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #17390
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post

I can do Irony.......and Trackhead...........coincidentally.............

Old 04-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #17391
RetrogradE
Banned

Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
That's funny.

I won't judge him because I think he's an innovator, but I think I'd rather have one of these:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/toyot...#photo-4934099
RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #17392
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,600
...a few thotz...

1. I thought we liked Walrus for the exact reason that he's a pretentious prick. On that note, we're referred to as "inmates" for a reason, and retro is carving new lines here, so he should work out well!

(since there were no effective condolences from the previously posted Moody Blues lyrics...)

2. a villager woman carried her dead son to the Buddha under his tree and exclaimed "I know of your powers! This is my only child and only relative! Bring him back to life!" The Buddha replied "Go to the nearest village a get one mustard seed from five different households that haven't had death in the house, and bring back the seeds to me. Leave the boy here, and hurry!" The woman returned a week later, no seeds for the Buddha, but thanked him for the new relationships she had made and realized that no person is exempt from this suffering.
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #17393
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
1. I thought we liked Walrus for the exact reason that he's a pretentious prick. On that note, we're referred to as "inmates" for a reason, and retro is carving new lines here, so he should work out well!

(since there were no effective condolences from the previously posted Moody Blues lyrics...)

2. a villager woman carried her dead son to the Buddha under his tree and exclaimed "I know of your powers! This is my only child and only relative! Bring him back to life!" The Buddha replied "Go to the nearest village a get one mustard seed from five different households that haven't had death in the house, and bring back the seeds to me. Leave the boy here, and hurry!" The woman returned a week later, no seeds for the Buddha, but thanked him for the new relationships she had made and realized that no person is exempt from this suffering.
Who........................Me..................... ..?

I never met a physiologic biochemical challenge that I wasn't able to address..........although I've never been known for my psycho-social skills in doing so.........butt........having lost my best, childhood friend to one of those train wrecks......I can only respond that it's not on the survivors........and it touches all of us......never to be trivialized or minimized........just be open and honest about your life and your life will work out........and you can probably guess that I don't harbor secrets or grudges.........they never work out in my experience..........

BTW....GK......you're a few deviations out from the standard bell curve yourself.......
Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #17394
RetrogradE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post

I think you should keep liking Ken. By no means am I recruiting people to dislike him. As it was, my experience was frustrating and maybe some of my annoyance is that he dented the hell out of my GSA tank without so much as an apology and perhaps some of this is passive aggressive and maybe some of this is just me kicking the dog because of my personal tragedy.

Regardless, if you have a friendship with Ken, keep it up. I'm not trying to poison the well.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #17395
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,532
Well Retro you certainly brought life back into the thread.

Now Walrus seeing how you are back.... answer your PM and tell me where to drop
your tube off. No GPS coordinates, just a plain address will do.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #17396
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Quote:
I think you should keep liking Ken. By no means am I recruiting people to dislike him. As it was, my experience was frustrating and maybe some of my annoyance is that he dented the hell out of my GSA tank without so much as an apology and perhaps some of this is passive aggressive and maybe some of this is just me kicking the dog because of my personal tragedy.

Regardless, if you have a friendship with Ken, keep it up. I'm not trying to poison the well.
OK, you are truly a pathetic work in progress.

There is not one aspect of your whining that you are not directly responsible for....and I have tried to respect your obvious vulnerability and instability by not responding to your crap.

You were given maps and timelines for the trip, you were asked to load your heavier bike the day before leaving rather than the morning of departure in a snow storm which would have addressed the added length of your fixed luggage. I provided additional ratchets to the two thin tie downs which you brought and the litany of your choices and decisions is the only basis of your ongoing, continuous whine. Grow up, get some therapy and learn to take some responsibility for the outcomes of those choices. I'm done with you and can only provide additional information on your lack of ability to those who request it.....please continue to display your self-deprecating problems with life in any public forum of your choosing and good luck in your wallow......

Old 04-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #17397
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Well Retro you certainly brought life back into the thread.

Now Walrus seeing how you are back.... answer your PM and tell me where to drop
your tube off. No GPS coordinates, just a plain address will do.
you have my number.......quit being such an engine.....
Old 04-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #17398
RetrogradE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
OK, you are truly a pathetic work in progress.

There is not one aspect of your whining that you are not directly responsible for....and I have tried to respect your obvious vulnerability and instability by not responding to your crap.

You were given maps and timelines for the trip, you were asked to load your heavier bike the day before leaving rather than the morning of departure in a snow storm which would have addressed the added length of your fixed luggage. I provided additional ratchets to the two thin tie downs which you brought and the litany of your choices and decisions is the only basis of your ongoing, continuous whine. Grow up, get some therapy and learn to take some responsibility for the outcomes of those choices. I'm done with you and can only provide additional information on your lack of ability to those who request it.....please continue to display your self-deprecating problems with life in any public forum of your choosing and good luck in your wallow......
I guess you can add "therapist" to your 16 page C.V. now.

As for you being "done with me," that is the only thing you've ever said or typed that I can whole heartedly get behind. No one would read those words with more excitement than I.

My favorite PM I got about you and all my "whine" was another inmate referring to your diarrhea mouth as "Kenversations," which I thought was brilliant and fitting.

I agree that I could use some therapy. In fact, I couldn't agree more. If nothing else, I want you and others to know that I recognize I have faults and sincerely want to improve in many areas. I even apologize for the stupid shit I do and say but so far everything I've said about you has been legit.

The difference between you and me is I'm capable of learning and adapting and saying sorry when necessary.

When I think about you and our trip, I'm reminded of the Ted Turner quote that could easily be about you as him: "If I only had a little humility, I'd be perfect."

Anyway, I don't want to continue this nonsense in the Utards forum. For as angry as I am, I'd prefer to read more positive stuff here and I realize I opened the door, for which I am sorry.

I won't write another word about you, Ken. You can do what you want or send me a PM, or just go on annoying the ever living shit out of people which is the one quality that should top your brilliant resume.

To the rest of you, I'm sorry for airing my dirty laundry here. I'm sure some of you will laugh at how retarded Ken and I are or how bitchy I sound and that's ok. I will make a commitment to all of you not to bring up my personal issues here anymore--just posts about bikes and riding.

Lastly, we're setting up an account for my sister-in-law if any of you want to donate.

Thanks fellas.

SKD
Old 04-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #17399
RetrogradE
Banned

Here's some funny . . . bring the mood back up a little. This place feels like a tomb.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #17400
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,727
I think most of us just wanted to stay out of your lovers quarrel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
frog is online now   Reply With Quote