ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #17536
RetrogradE
Banned

Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd-Squad View Post
No actually it kind of makes me smile. I have them to thank for my V-Strom. I went in there to buy a GS1150. They wouldn't give me the time of day. I was the only customer in the shop, it took them 30-45 minutes to talk to me, even after I asked for help. I asked for a test drive and the salesman, in front of the GM/Sales Manager, told me he was to busy. I thanked him and went down to The Point Power Sports (now The Edge) and bought my V-Strom. I think BMW of Salt Lake got exactly what they had coming to them.

Todd-Squad
I had more than my fair share of disappointments at this store. Many issues with service, parts, etc. But, I worked with the GM for six months trying to reorganize their benefits package because what they had was bad (bad). I can't tell you how many appointments I set with that guy only to show up and hear he was gone/out/busy. I've never seen any business that was run simply on an "emergency" basis. Instead of taking care of the day-to-day business, they waited until shit hit the fan to mobilize. It was sad, really. They wasted a lot of people's time.
RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #17537
mknight
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Weather was beautiful this past weekend, including Knolls. Round 5 of the USRA desert racing series was held, and I had all 3 of my boys racing. Had an awesome time and met a few Utards (nice to finally meet you Pilo).

Here's an edit, my son put together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohYKA...15fx80VWSK5h90=

And one from last weekend of the Firebirds race at Cherry Creek in case you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKLRm...15fx80VWSK5h90=

Next weekend it's the Ought Six Enduro in Montana. Can't wait.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #17538
Kanook
Adventure zymologist

Oddometer: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknight View Post
Weather was beautiful this past weekend, including Knolls. Round 5 of the USRA desert racing series was held, and I had all 3 of my boys racing. Had an awesome time and met a few Utards (nice to finally meet you Pilo).

And one from last weekend of the Firebirds race at Cherry Creek in case you're interested.

I was parked next to Pilo. Sorry I didn't have the chance to meet you. It's nice to be able to put a face to all these posts.:)
'71 SL100 custom
'65 cb160
Kanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #17539
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknight View Post

Your boy's videos just get better and better. He should get a GO pro sponsor.
Real quality stuff!!!!!!

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #17540
mknight
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGOI View Post
Your boy's videos just get better and better. He should get a GO pro sponsor.
Real quality stuff!!!!!!
Thanks. He looked at his Knolls edit from last year and even admitted that they've gotten a lot better.

The biggest challenge is focusing on racing, while still getting the footage he wants.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #17541
Nevada
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
I rode down to Winslow, AZ on Friday/Saturday morning, stealth camping on the way down. Did my train show thing, headed back up this way Sunday afternoon, stealth camping between Page and Kanab Sunday night. Good ride up and down US-89. Sorry, no "adventure" riding except for a smidge of dirt Sunday on the stealth camp.

Truck will be paid off next month, then I'll start accumulating $$ for a DS or Tiger 800XC.
Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #17542
RetrogradE
Banned

Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada View Post

Truck will be paid off next month. . .
Good for you. I hated being in debt. Live it up.

As a Motorrad fan, I would prefer you to look at BMW, but I really don't care what you ride as long as it's ADV worthy.
RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #17543
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradE View Post
Good for you. I hated being in debt. Live it up.

As a Motorrad fan, I would prefer you to look at BMW, but I really don't care what you ride as long as it's ADV worthy.
Not another sauerkraut shitter. Really?

pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #17544
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Okay, if you have a moment read the review/comments on this product.
You gotta love British humor.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13353956834021
Old 04-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #17545
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,763
I did my first little trip on the concourse over to grand junction and have to say I'm pretty impressed. The bike is over 20 years old and still rocks. I averaged over 90mph with a top speed of 124. The only complaint I have is the fuel mileage very good, I had to slow down because I was on E, but 30 MPG at those speeds isn't horrible and being a ktm rider I'm pretty used to bad MPG.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #17546
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Okay, if you have a moment read the review/comments on this product.
You gotta love British humor.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13353956834021

Really? Really?
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #17547
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,710
a little bad news...

I hate to be the one to break it to everyone, but there's bad news on Ryman street...

With all of the time we've shared and mileage endured, sometimes the deities frown and cast the shadows of pain and suffering upon us. I think of the Book of Job in the old testament... this dude Job (pronounced Jobe) was a faithful dude and so god and satan killed his family and gave him diseases etc to see if he'd loose faith. how fun... read it sometime. I digress... It's hard for me to break the news without trying to make sense of it and inflict you all with my feeble attempts to comprehend the purpose in the universe. so, interpret it how you will, and make sense of it if you can, but: Ryman has been banned from ADV Rider! *gasp* Apparently, his comment about getting together w/ another inmate to kick Walrus in the bean-bag don't fly w/ the mods, the gods or satan. Ryman loves the Walrus and laughed his arse out of Whitney Pocket over W's stories. He was being sarcastic about the threat of aggression against anyone's sack of taters. Under such dismay, I will not post until i've done an epic ride. an ADV boycott. No condolence pm's please. I'll be riding big w/ Ryman soon, so call me if you're interested. Riding just went beyond talking about it on the interweb for me. I'm sorry. I'm just upset...

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #17548
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
Really? Really?
Not the product, the reviews silly. Where have you been?
Old 04-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #17549
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
I hate to be the one to break it to everyone, but there's bad news on Ryman street...

With all of the time we've shared and mileage endured, sometimes the deities frown and cast the shadows of pain and suffering upon us. I think of the Book of Job in the old testament... this dude Job (pronounced Jobe) was a faithful dude and so god and satan killed his family and gave him diseases etc to see if he'd loose faith. how fun... read it sometime. I digress... It's hard for me to break the news without trying to make sense of it and inflict you all with my feeble attempts to comprehend the purpose in the universe. so, interpret it how you will, and make sense of it if you can, but: Ryman has been banned from ADV Rider! *gasp* Apparently, his comment about getting together w/ another inmate to kick Walrus in the bean-bag don't fly w/ the mods, the gods or satan. Ryman loves the Walrus and laughed his arse out of Whitney Pocket over W's stories. He was being sarcastic about the threat of aggression against anyone's sack of taters. Under such dismay, I will not post until i've done an epic ride. an ADV boycott. No condolence pm's please. I'll be riding big w/ Ryman soon, so call me if you're interested. Riding just went beyond talking about it on the interweb for me. I'm sorry. I'm just upset...

You would think if the mods follow this thread at all they couldn't possibly take those comments
with any type of seriousness. Then again it does give Ryman a couple weeks to actually get some
work done.

Hey Ryman if you're lurking out there....XOXOXO.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #17550
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
I did my first little trip on the concourse over to grand junction and have to say I'm pretty impressed. The bike is over 20 years old and still rocks. I averaged over 90mph with a top speed of 124. The only complaint I have is the fuel mileage very good, I had to slow down because I was on E, but 30 MPG at those speeds isn't horrible and being a ktm rider I'm pretty used to bad MPG.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Street stuff can be really addicting. It also can cost you a license very quickly.

Those are also know to be a little vibey. Again as a KTM owner you probably
thought you were on a Goldwing.