ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #17551
RetrogradE
Banned

Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
I hate to be the one to break it to everyone, but there's bad news on Ryman street...

With all of the time we've shared and mileage endured, sometimes the deities frown and cast the shadows of pain and suffering upon us. I think of the Book of Job in the old testament... this dude Job (pronounced Jobe) was a faithful dude and so god and satan killed his family and gave him diseases etc to see if he'd loose faith. how fun... read it sometime. I digress... It's hard for me to break the news without trying to make sense of it and inflict you all with my feeble attempts to comprehend the purpose in the universe. so, interpret it how you will, and make sense of it if you can, but: Ryman has been banned from ADV Rider! *gasp* Apparently, his comment about getting together w/ another inmate to kick Walrus in the bean-bag don't fly w/ the mods, the gods or satan. Ryman loves the Walrus and laughed his arse out of Whitney Pocket over W's stories. He was being sarcastic about the threat of aggression against anyone's sack of taters. Under such dismay, I will not post until i've done an epic ride. an ADV boycott. No condolence pm's please. I'll be riding big w/ Ryman soon, so call me if you're interested. Riding just went beyond talking about it on the interweb for me. I'm sorry. I'm just upset...
I just got back from a week's vacation (from adv), but my infraction was for some stuff I posted in a flea market ad. Oh well.
RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #17552
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradE View Post
I just got back from a week's vacation (from adv), but my infraction was for some stuff I posted in a flea market ad. Oh well.
Inmate nut kicking machine?
pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #17553
RetrogradE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Inmate nut kicking machine?
I wish. That'd be easier to explain.

I bitched about some guy charging PayPal fees on a $60 item.

Can you imagine? Me bitching? Easier to believe the $1.80 the seller was asking on top of his asking price.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #17554
RetrogradE
Banned

Quote:
Not another sauerkraut shitter. Really?

Ha. Nice.

Of the 7 bikes I've owned, only 4 have been BMWs...
Old 04-26-2012, 05:52 AM   #17555
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,540
Quote:
Ha. Nice.

Of the 7 bikes I've owned, only 4 have been BMWs...
One rider and 3 for parts?
pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #17556
RetrogradE
Banned

Quote:
One rider and 3 for parts?

Haha, that's funny.

I didn't own them at the same time. I can't afford to own more than one bike at a time like a motorbike hoarder I know.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #17557
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,727
Quote:
Street stuff can be really addicting. It also can cost you a license very quickly.

Those are also know to be a little vibey. Again as a KTM owner you probably
thought you were on a Goldwing.
That's why I sold my crotch rocket. I figured getting caught doing 3 times the speed limit was a bad idea.

It is vibey. They must have gotten the engineers of the ktm 620 to help with the design.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
frog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #17558
Nevada
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Good for you. I hated being in debt. Live it up.

As a Motorrad fan, I would prefer you to look at BMW, but I really don't care what you ride as long as it's ADV worthy.
I have looked at BMW. In '04 before I bought my first ST, I test rode the brand new R1200GS. Discovered that me feets and boxer jugs don't get along. Last fall, I test rode the Tiger 800XC back to back with the F800GS. While I didn't head out on the dirt (much), I preferred the Tiger. The engine was more engaging for me, and, frankly, I heartily dislike asymmetric headlights, whether vertical or horizontal.

What I'd like to do is get some real riding time with various platforms under consideration before I plunk down my hard earned moolah. With substantially more moolah than I have, it would be easy. I'd just get a Tiger 800XC, a Bonneville T100 "adventurefied", and a 250-500ish DP thumper (WR250R, a KTM or a Husqweee). Figuring out which thumper would be a challenge as well. Without substantial infusions of moolah, a modest Japanese thumper (250-400cc) is most likely, followed by the Bonnie. If I were going to have only one bike, it would likely be the Tiger, but since I'm keeping my ST, mellowness and/or fire-road worthiness are more important than street/distance performance.
Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #17559
GravityDT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Fellow Utards - anyone looking for a sweet singletrack machine? Just listed my completely dialed, farkled and street legal '09 200 XCW.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785382
think I'd like to try a little more tarmac friendly singletrack thumper this time around...
http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/...t/IMG_2870.jpg
GravityDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #17560
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,727
There's a 07 450 xcw on ksl for 3100. Pretty cheap for the year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
frog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #17561
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
NutZ

I don't know you!!!!!!!!!

Banned? For a kick in the balls joke??? Geeeeeeeezzzzzzzz.
When did Utards become such a sensitive place??

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #17562
RetrogradE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
I don't know you!!!!!!!!!

Banned? For a kick in the balls joke??? Geeeeeeeezzzzzzzz.
When did Utards become such a sensitive place??
I know, it's lame.

My first banning came when I used a "your mom" joke in a section of the site called Jo Momma. How ironic.

Coincidentally, I've been permanently banned from JM as a result.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #17563
RetrogradE
Banned

Rotopax

Fellas,

Since my ride report to Baja (and some other posts of my bike), I've had several people PM me, asking about how I built my Pelican topbox with the RotoPax gas tank "on the cheap." In total, I spent less than $100 on this set-up including the RotoPax tank and mounting kit. There are pros and cons to my set-up, but I wrote a build-thread on how I did it.

Here's a picture of the top box:

HERE IS THE BUILD LINK

ALSO, I'm now authorized with RotoPax to sell inexpensive "factory second" 1 Gallon gas tanks. These have a slight discoloration on the INSIDE of the neck and that's it; otherwise, they are the same as what you get on the site.

If you're interested in buying some PM me.

Here's a breakdown of the prices:

1G Red Tanks for Gas: $30/each (MSRP is $50)

1 Pack Mount: $25 (same as on the site--these aren't factory seconds).

1 Extension if you want to mount two 1G tanks with one mount: $15 (reg $20)

1G Water tanks (white), These aren't factory seconds but I can sell them for $25 (MSRP is $30).

I can ship them or you can come to Bountiful and pick them up. I'm also frequently in Salt Lake and could meet you.

I will also do a bulk deal if you want to buy more than 10 of any one item, but I better not see this stuff on eBay.

Steven
Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #17564
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,136
I bought a new helmet and pissed my wife off.

So, I need to sell last years helmet. It's a Joe Rocket full face, pointy thing. Looks like the big dollar units, with the face shield and the visor, all intact.
$55 or best offer.

It's matte black. Size medium.

Also, since I have a new helmet, deoes anyone want to get out for an early morning poke around above the "B"? I know it's not real exciting, but it gives me a reason to put my dirt tires back on, and get rid of the Super Moto set up for good. And I have to look at houses at Noon, with the wifey too.
Gotta put our bikes somewhere, right?
801 251 6186 if you are up for it.
Same number if you aren't and want to go anyway, it's what I do. Dress warm, might be chilly up there, it snowed yesterday, but I am hoping it all melts today?
Old 04-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #17565
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,136
Huge bummer about Ryman. Is it permaban?

dentedvw screwed with this post 04-27-2012 at 02:15 PM
dentedvw is offline   Reply With Quote