ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #17971
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,165
Day off. Need to unwind.
Anyone want to ride dirt today?
801 251 6186, it's a google number, need to get my real Utah number soon. Maybe I will do that today. And a UT driver's license.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #17972
a1one
a1one-numero uno-saucy

Oddometer: 306
Cave Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by z987k View Post
Bike is together. Anyone want to go riding tomorrow? If not, can anyone give me a trailhead to start at? Looking to stay off pavement at all costs. SIngle track would be sweet.
Fun riding witgh you guys today, Zach and Mike. Call me again, if you want to go

a1one - 1 definition - numero uno. ... A1 Grand Prix · A1 Sauce · A1 Thick-N-Hearty NATIONWIDE·
a1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #17973
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilo View Post
I few months back I posted that I was running the tour of idaho (1400 miles with a ton of singletrack added this year http://www.motorcyclejazz.com/TID.htm) with a friend the last week of July. I need to get my van to the canadian border so we can load up and drive home at the end of the week. I thought a small group might like to ride the TOI backwards starting at the canadian border and use my van to get to the start. That's plan A. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can clue in the details.

Plan B is to stuff the 950 in the van a few weekend before and haul ass up there and spend a few days riding back. That actually sounds like a lot more fun but I'm running out of time to get it together.

Hmmm...So if one were to drive your van north to the Can border, they would have to back track on maybe your track to SLC. Damn! So how much time did you budget to do this? 7 days?

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga

harcus screwed with this post 06-14-2012 at 09:39 PM
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #17974
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
Hmmm...So if one were to drive your van north to the Can border, they would have to back track on maybe your track to SLC. Damn! So how much time did you budget to do this? 7 days?
Hey Harcus, I like your new avatar. I've got a jazzy too.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:13 PM   #17975
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Hey Harcus, I like your new avatar. I've got a jazzy too.

And I bet you can wheelie it!

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #17976
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
Basically I was thinking someone (or likely a couple of people) could dump my van at the border (location TBD), hide the keys and ride south. They could ride some of the TOI, all of it, or none of it. We're shooting for 5 days, but leaving 7 just in case.

I'm offering it up since the logistics with the TOI can be the snag and I thought someone else might be able to jump on it and take advantage of the transport for one direction. Total cost for the one way trip is just gas for the van.
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #17977
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,048
Quote:
Basically I was thinking someone (or likely a couple of people) could dump my van at the border (location TBD), hide the keys and ride south. They could ride some of the TOI, all of it, or none of it. We're shooting for 5 days, but leaving 7 just in case.

I'm offering it up since the logistics with the TOI can be the snag and I thought someone else might be able to jump on it and take advantage of the transport for one direction. Total cost for the one way trip is just gas for the van.
Phil,

I am in negotiations with the better half. Do you have any exact dates yet?

We have been wanting to get up to Glacier and Lolo for a couple of years, but something always comes up. (once it was Walrus' defective internal organs )

Can't commit until its approved by ALL of my bosses, but we may be able to do it.
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #17978
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 920
We're leaving on the 28th of July but the van doesn't need to leave on that day (though that would be the most convenient) A few days before or after would work too. Let me know if you have something in mind and we can see if we can work it out.
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #17979
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,165
I still have some DRZ supermoto wheels for sale, if anyone is interested in being a motarded Utard.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #17980
RetrogradE
Banned

Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
We're leaving on the 28th of July but the van doesn't need to leave on that day (though that would be the most convenient) A few days before or after would work too. Let me know if you have something in mind and we can see if we can work it out.
Hizzuh.

I'm interested if there's room. I'm heading to Powell the first week of July but should be okay near the end of the month.

Can I manage the ride on my GSA? Do I need to swap tires (I'm running Anakee 2 w 50% tread left).

RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #17981
Roostre
Discombobulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradE View Post
Hizzuh.

I'm interested if there's room. I'm heading to Powell the first week of July but should be okay near the end of the month.

Can I manage the ride on my GSA? Do I need to swap tires (I'm running Anakee 2 w 50% tread left).

Not recommended for anything bigger than a 650...
Old 06-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #17982
RetrogradE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostre View Post
Not recommended for anything bigger than a 650...
OK, thanks.

But if this is a sly way to get rid of me, I'll be pissed.

(not really)
Old 06-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #17983
RetrogradE
Banned

Check out the ride I did this morning. Good thing the trailhead is only a few miles from my house. I do this 2-3xs a week and get the craziest looks from people. Guess I can't blame them.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #17984
Roostre
Discombobulated

Quote:
OK, thanks.

(not really)

Not at all.

If you read the faq on the link Pilo posted it says you can take a GSA if you ride like Johnny Campbell, but they really really don't think it would be an enjoyable experience for most.

Wrestling a GSA back up at high altitudes on steep single track may not really fit in with the pace that the riders on lighter bikes will want to maintain. That is why I wouldn't do it unless it was with other like minded GSA riders.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #17985
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,954
Quote:
OK, thanks.

(not really)
Just pull one plug wire, duh. Do I really have to hold everyone's hand around here?
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote