ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #18001
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 750
Check out this cool site.
http://www.transaustraliatrail.com.au/

Click on find tracks.
Makes me want to go down under!

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #18002
QSrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by z987k View Post
Anyone know where I can find a master link or just a master link clip on a Saturday night or Sunday morning? Just put a new chain on, and apparently they didn't think I needed the clip.(no it's not a rivet.)
The only place I know open on Sunday is Cycle Gear (www.cyclegear.com) in Draper. They have chaines and sprokets, so I'm guessing they have master links...

Cycle Gear Draper
78 E 11400 S
Draper, UT 84020
Tel.: (801) 553-2150

Good luck.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #18003
Double Moo
lookin' for adventure

Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
Anyone know where I can find a master link or just a master link clip on a Saturday night or Sunday morning? Just put a new chain on, and apparently they didn't think I needed the clip.(no it's not a rivet.)
If you are not successful at Cycle Gear PM me... I have a spare chain, and most likely a master link with it... I'm to going to go dig it out unless you need me to!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #18004
z987k
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
DS riders could meet at einsteins bagels at 3900 S Wasatch blvd at 9:00, kickstands up at 9:30? That'd put us at the trail head around 10:15-30 ish methinks.

You trailer trash need to get DS tires! You miss half the fun!

BCC/Midway/Walsburg paved, then dirt... if commander51 shows on his BADB then light bikes might want to split from us for the single track.
Also... where's the trail head?
z987k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:02 AM   #18005
quota
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
Quote:
Wright's usually has a good selection of that kind of stuff. 3474 S. State in SLC. They open at 10:00 on Sundays.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #18006
quota
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
The document is 14" x19" and all I can get to print is 8.5x11 cneter.

Jerry
Not sure how the document grew, since the pages are only 8.5 x 11 as originals. I just looked at what I did send you, and everything shows up as it should. They were sent as .pdf files. I'm wondering if your .pdf viewer is zoomed in and maybe displaying as 125% instead of 100%? Should be a way to zoom out?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #18007
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,670
hard to describe

Quote:
Also... where's the trail head?
Big K posted his # a page back. He knows, but it's hard to describe since i don't know the street names etc. See ya later!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #18008
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,680
Missing the killer Strawberry Ridge ride?

I have to be around the house by noon to 1 pm but still need to run in that new tire.......so Einstein's at 10 am for a 2-3 hour slab.......East Canyon......Kamas.......whatever sounds good.........
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #18009
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by quota View Post
Not sure how the document grew, since the pages are only 8.5 x 11 as originals. I just looked at what I did send you, and everything shows up as it should. They were sent as .pdf files. I'm wondering if your .pdf viewer is zoomed in and maybe displaying as 125% instead of 100%? Should be a way to zoom out?
They open with Adobe 9.5.1

I finally used Print Screen and pasted into paint and printed.

I got what I neded except the GWT goes off left side if 0-1.

It looks like there is ATV trail paralleling hiking trail up to Wasatch Co line, then not clear.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #18010
Big-K
Motorhead

Oddometer: 113
2012 Hobble Creek Ride

Today was the day for some awesome times in the Hobble Creek and Strawberry forest area. You could not ask for a prettier day. Temps in the 60's (well at least for those of us who started the ride at 10:30, coming of Guardsman's pass was a bit colder or so I was told), blue skies, and great terrain.

Today's Riders, the infamous GISKev, Harcus, and Commander51. Riding a XR400, supertricked out KTM 500, and one 950 BADB (with a mean set of Akrapovics).

Not too man pictures taken today, lots of fast riding instead. But here are a few highlights for those that missed out.

some fast fire roading.

A bit dusty with a BADB in front of you:

Riding fast and lean, GisKev likes to make good time on these treks, so not a lot of stopping for photo ops (though Harcus did get a snapshot of the 4 of us).

On the way back to Wallsburg, Harcus wanted to demonstrate his flat repairing skills, here are Harcus and Commander51 double teaming a patch job on the 500.

While fixing the a for mentioned flat, Harcus went into a very detiled description of a shaft extension he did for Commander51.
Apparently length does matter. You can see his 2.25" extension if you zoom waaaaaay in on the side stand on the 990.

The crew of 3 that rode all the way in from SLC, was itching to go back through Midway, Guardsmans, and Big CC,
leaving me to explore a bit (at a more liesurely pace before heading back to the truck.
Wanted to sample a little bit of the legendary Hobble Creek single track, found one of these:

mmmn, looks tasty.

Some great single track for a mile or so

But this little obstacle was a sign of things to come....

When the trail disappeared in a huge washout from last year's, flood, I followed a couple of tracks cross country

Up a hill till I was forced to turn around, less I be fighting endless deadfall.

Ah well, found a great spot for a shameless photo op for the Aprilia.

Overall, great ride. Cant wait to see what's next.
Big-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:35 AM   #18011
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 750
What happened to z987k? No master link?

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #18012
RetrogradE
Banned

Oddometer: 1,226
Do unto others. . .

Fellas,

I just got back from a 9 day trip to Vegas (sans GSA). The kids finished school the week before and my wife's family is from NLV so we went down for a week. I was able to schedule some meetings while I was there, so Kramer would be thrilled with the idea of the entire trip being a "write-off."

Normally when I leave town for a while, I loan my bike out to people I know and trust--they seem to appreciate the offer and enjoy the bike.

Last week I broke a few of my rules when it comes to loaning my stuff out and this is a Reader's Digest version of what happened.

I have a few rental homes in Bountiful and one of the units is occupied by a nice little family. The man-of-the-house is a great guy and works at a motorcycle shop in Ogden so he's no stranger to bikes. I've known him for about a year now and he's always wanted to take my bike out. I never tell my tenants where I live let alone give them access to my gear when I'm not in town, but this guy is different.

He accepted my offer, came by the house while I was gone, and got the GSA. He texted me a few times last week telling me how much he loved the bike--how nice it is to ride and how responsive it is for such a big steed. "I have nicknamed it 'Fraulein' " he said in a text.

Anyway, fast forward.

I got home Saturday night and the bike was back in my garage, full of fuel, and just as I'd left it. Except. . .

I opened the trunk (Pelican) and there was a receipt for some fork seals and fork oil from BMW Sandy. Evidently he saw I had a small leak on the front fork and he changed it out for me while I was gone. I called and thanked him--he said it was no problem--and I offered to pay him and he only wanted the $40 for the parts, no biggie.

Gotta love cool people.

RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #18013
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,912
I didn't know Walrus rented from you.

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #18014
Double Moo
lookin' for adventure

Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradE View Post
Gotta love cool people.

My bike needs the final drive seal and crown bearing replaced... think your friend would like to ride it for a few days?...
Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #18015
z987k
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
What happened to z987k? No master link?
Sorry, it started out as that, then there was a sudden oil leak... which upon further investigation revealed I also need a new cam chain tensioner... and cam chain probably.... just a mess. I hope to have it back up this week.

Parts should be here tomorrow, if anyone wants to give Thursday a shot, I've got the day off.
z987k is offline   Reply With Quote