ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #18061
mknight
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Hi Utards, those of you that know me know that I enjoy sharing and posting ride reports. However, the last 3 weeks or so have been a whirlwind of activity. If you are interested in knowing what has been going on, please see here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post18934690

It has something to do with this:

Old 06-18-2012, 04:30 AM   #18062
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,497
:cla
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknight View Post
Hi Utards, those of you that know me know that I enjoy sharing and posting ride reports. However, the last 3 weeks or so have been a whirlwind of activity. If you are interested in knowing what has been going on, please see here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...0#post18934690

It has something to do with this:

Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #18063
chucky004
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
:cla

Quick question to riders on the Wasatch front. About 6 of us are heading out on the 9th to ride AF canyon or Hobble creek, we want at least 5 hours of single track what is the best place to go? Thank's for any answers...
chucky004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #18064
Trailtwister
To the peak!

Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky004 View Post
Quick question to riders on the Wasatch front. About 6 of us are heading out on the 9th to ride AF canyon or Hobble creek, we want at least 5 hours of single track what is the best place to go? Thank's for any answers...
I know this one!

There's a wonderful 65 mile loop from Hobble Creek, with only about 1 mile of road. All the rest is single-track, closed to ATVs. Start at Kirkman Hollow on R Fk Hobble Cr road. We usually do it in about 4 - 5 hours, but there're options for many extra miles of singletrack and jeep/ atv trails.

I think it's the best tight-n-twisty mountain trail in Utah. Malcolm Smith was quoted to say it's the best offroad mountain trail he's ridden.

Most of it is well-marked and on many maps, and many Utards will know it. But there're a couple wonderful sneaks to cut out the road sections.

PM me and we can hook up for a beer and I'll mark your map.
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #18065
quota
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemermcr View Post
Great to meet and ride with you yesterday! Oh, and thanks especially for the push out of the ditch!
Paul
Paul,
I pulled into camp and mentioned to Dave that I'd really hoped to see you there. He said I'd just missed you by a couple of hours. I was probably secretly hoping for some of your famous pancakes like the ones you made for us at the party outside of Telluride.

Mike
Old 06-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #18066
Beemermcr
Big, Dumb, Happy!

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by quota View Post
Paul,
I pulled into camp and mentioned to Dave that I'd really hoped to see you there. He said I'd just missed you by a couple of hours. I was probably secretly hoping for some of your famous pancakes like the ones you made for us at the party outside of Telluride.

Mike
Hey, Mike!!

Sorry I missed you! If I were on a KLR like in Colo I might have stayed longer but I was stressing getting that 700 lb "dual sport" back to pavement! Maybe we can do pancakes on the next Dirty campout!

Paul
2000 DRZ "Burro"
Beemermcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #18067
warp9man
Gravel in my Travel

Oddometer: 576
Our plan is to slab up to Kalispell and spend a day at Glacier, then head back through Lolo Pass and cut across the Cascades to end up back on slab at Blackfoot, ID. This is all 2-up, so no gnarly trails on this trip for us.[/QUOTE]

Hey Rostere, its been awhile since we have rode together, its funny the wife and i were just talking about doing a ride up to glacier park and maybe ride into canada for a bit also. but sprinkeling in some dirt sounds like a blast too. when you guys heading out?
warp9man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #18068
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp9man View Post
Our plan is to slab up to Kalispell and spend a day at Glacier, then head back through Lolo Pass and cut across the Cascades to end up back on slab at Blackfoot, ID. This is all 2-up, so no gnarly trails on this trip for us.

Hey Rostere, its been awhile since we have rode together, its funny the wife and i were just talking about doing a ride up to glacier park and maybe ride into canada for a bit also. but sprinkeling in some dirt sounds like a blast too. when you guys heading out?
Either the night of the 31st or early on the 1st of August. Be great to ride with you again!
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #18069
stuckinUT
I Wanna Ride!

Oddometer: 134
Anyone here ride a supermoto? Race maybe(longshot)?
stuckinUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #18070
RetrogradE
Banned

Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
I think I still have a bike rack I made for a 1150 with jesse bags if you want it.
Yes, I do want it.

PM me or email me at davismfg at gmail.
RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #18071
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,151
I am camping tonight in Logan because my wife is riding in an MS charity ride. Can someone recommend a few hours worth of fun riding for me and my DRZ? I will be alone, unless anyone wants to join in?
My main difficulty is that I have to be back in SLC to pick up a family member at the airport at noon.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #18072
Proud Highway
one hand waving free

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post
I am camping tonight in Logan because my wife is riding in an MS charity ride. Can someone recommend a few hours worth of fun riding for me and my DRZ? I will be alone, unless anyone wants to join in?
My main difficulty is that I have to be back in SLC to pick up a family member at the airport at noon.
Millville Canyon to the peak of Mt. Logan would be fun, about 5,000' in elevation change, but the way up is mellow through Millville. I'd plan 3hrs down and back, or you could make a loop through Millvillle Canyon, Mt. Logan, Right Hand Fork, and take hwy 89 ~10 miles down Logan Canyon (~4hrs). Not sure about the snow conditions.

You can make the airport from downtown Logan in 1:20, but they are doing roadwork through Sardine. I'd budget an extra 30 minutes.

I'd ride with you, but I'm without a bike until mid-day.

Proud Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #18073
Cainer
supern00b

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Depending how anal you are about the rim paint you might want to put a tie down strap
or other nylon strap between the tire iron and the rim as protection.
If you have a piece of cardboard box laying around, I've found just ripping off small squares of cardboard and stuffing them under the spoons works great as a rim protector.
Cainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #18074
a1one
a1one-numero uno-saucy

Oddometer: 302
Eh? Single tracking

Quote:
Originally Posted by z987k View Post
Bike is together. Anyone want to go riding tomorrow? If not, can anyone give me a trailhead to start at? Looking to stay off pavement at all costs. SIngle track would be sweet.
Let me know if you want to ride again. Also, I would be interested to look at your te410 lighting wiring so I can I can wire my te610 as well as your Ducati valve tool too! -Dan

a1one - 1 definition - numero uno. ... A1 Grand Prix · A1 Sauce · A1 Thick-N-Hearty NATIONWIDE·
a1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #18075
Adv Reilly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Proud Highway - dentedVW and I ended up doing Right Hand Fork - Logan Peak - Millville Canyon in about 3 hours. It was a good ride!

I'm in Logan, hit me up if you want ride when you get your bike back.