ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #18166
Ryman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
The BRP sure kick's it's hooves though!
We all know that, but the real question is.......Does your mountain bike work??
Mid mountain is calling..............
When you get back and get caught up, let's roll some single track.
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #18167
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer
 
BrShootr's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
The XR400 officially sleeps in a new barn. I sold her for $2800. I guess i've got to change my signature.
How in the hell did you sell it that fast an for that much money? O_o
__________________
As long as I am the big spoon!!!
BrShootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #18168
salute
Gnarly Adventurer
 
salute's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 164
what up Utards - I haven't been around in a while........so I thought I'd throw a pic into the mix. Its a shot from a ride this spring................if you guess where it is you win a free ride on Pluric's balogna pony.

__________________
Utah Commercial Photographer
http://www.jessecoss.com/
salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #18169
salute
Gnarly Adventurer
 
salute's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 164
we had a nice "drinking moon" after the ride
__________________
Utah Commercial Photographer
http://www.jessecoss.com/
salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:57 AM   #18170
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,782
no prize please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by salute View Post
what up Utards - I haven't been around in a while........so I thought I'd throw a pic into the mix. Its a shot from a ride this spring................if you guess where it is you win a free ride on Pluric's balogna pony.

Can i get a gift certificate that i can give to my grandma?

3832'25.05"N
10942'34.50"W
????

BR: My XR4 sold so fast cuz it was worth WAY more than I got w/ all its farkles.
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #18171
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
frog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Heber City, UT
Oddometer: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
Can i get a gift certificate that i can give to my grandma?

3832'25.05"N
10942'34.50"W
????

BR: My XR4 sold so fast cuz it was worth WAY more than I got w/ all its farkles.
Theres a sucker out there for every bike.
__________________
Thank you MX1WEST, Highway Dirt Bikes Lindsay Machine, Smart Performance, SPS for the Support
257x Solo Baja 1000
If I had not some strength of will I would make a first class drunkard--Shackleton
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #18172
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by salute View Post
what up Utards - I haven't been around in a while........so I thought I'd throw a pic into the mix. Its a shot from a ride this spring................if you guess where it is you win a free ride on Pluric's balogna pony.
Anyone with half a brain would say the opposite of the area to avoid such a prize.

Walrus on the other hand is google searching to win. Ewwwww.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #18173
salute
Gnarly Adventurer
 
salute's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 164
that was too easy - please contact Pluric to hash out details on the prize. He may honor the grandma gift certificate depending on his mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
Can i get a gift certificate that i can give to my grandma?

3832'25.05"N
10942'34.50"W
????

BR: My XR4 sold so fast cuz it was worth WAY more than I got w/ all its farkles.
__________________
Utah Commercial Photographer
http://www.jessecoss.com/
salute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #18174
dentedvw
Where did I put that
 
dentedvw's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: ☼SLC-ish☼
Oddometer: 2,164
Some of you may know, many of you do not, but our landlady is BSC, and we are finally about to escape. We close on a house tomorrow, and take possession monday, the 23rd. I am furiously packing, fixing, patching, painting and cussing. We struck a deal with her to give her $1500, our deposit forfeited and we never see her or this rathole again.
The fly in the ointment is that gives us a week to GTFO. If anyone is feeling generous with their time next week, I could use a hand all day every day of the week. We are a small house, but you know how garages are, etc.
We are only moving about a mile and a half, into a bigger place, and are mostly packed up.
I will do my best to buy wobbly pops, and have cool other beverages too.
Moving from Woods Cross to Bountiful.
Michael
__________________
"Even though my trip turned out badly, I don't regret the kind of life I chose to live. Adventure!" RIP-Clay Schwartz 9/14/07
The bike never has been, never is, and never will be the limiting factor in my, your, or anyone else's ability to have an adventure. -jake28-
dentedvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #18175
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by salute View Post
that was too easy - please contact Pluric to hash out details on the prize. He may honor the grandma gift certificate depending on his mood.
Going to be a very mushy ride. At least a grandma would know what to expect.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #18176
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post
Some of you may know, many of you do not, but our landlady is BSC, and we are finally about to escape. We close on a house tomorrow, and take possession monday, the 23rd. I am furiously packing, fixing, patching, painting and cussing. We struck a deal with her to give her $1500, our deposit forfeited and we never see her or this rathole again.
The fly in the ointment is that gives us a week to GTFO. If anyone is feeling generous with their time next week, I could use a hand all day every day of the week. We are a small house, but you know how garages are, etc.
We are only moving about a mile and a half, into a bigger place, and are mostly packed up.
I will do my best to buy wobbly pops, and have cool other beverages too.
Moving from Woods Cross to Bountiful.
Michael
I've got a trailer? Labor would be a bitch.... work is really busy right now. Money contribution
for a couple guys in front of Home Depot???
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #18177
dentedvw
Where did I put that
 
dentedvw's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: ☼SLC-ish☼
Oddometer: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I've got a trailer? Labor would be a bitch.... work is really busy right now. Money contribution
for a couple guys in front of Home Depot???
A trailer... hmm... I will PM you.
My wife's parents will be here for the week, and I will get a bunch of help from them, my own mother is in town too, so that helps. We aren't truly hurting for help yet, but if it comes down to it, I will definitely hit up the Home Depot.
I always think of the commercials they used to run where the guy says "You can do it, we can help". I am pretty sure the "we" in that sentence is the guys standing out front of Home Depot.
We haven't got a lot of furniture either, so that's a blessing. A fridge, a couch, a stove, a bed and a futon round out the big stuff. But, I do have some garage cabinets, tools, heavy things that make noise, etc.
__________________
"Even though my trip turned out badly, I don't regret the kind of life I chose to live. Adventure!" RIP-Clay Schwartz 9/14/07
The bike never has been, never is, and never will be the limiting factor in my, your, or anyone else's ability to have an adventure. -jake28-
dentedvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #18178
pilo
Rhymes with below
 
pilo's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: SLC, UT
Oddometer: 921
I must be right down the street. I'm booked next week trying to get two bikes ready for the TOI, but if you are in a bind and need a couple of hours of help and a van, let me know. I can jump in.

eight oh won five ate oh five seven oh for

-Phil
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #18179
Trailtwister
To the peak!
 
Trailtwister's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Salt Lick City
Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrShootr View Post
How in the hell did you sell it that fast an for that much money? O_o
Throw-ins ... Goat cheese, chicken eggs, fresh peas and carrots...
__________________
TrailTwister
Current bikes: '06 KTM 950 Adventure-S; '10 KTM 690 Enduro-R; '09 KTM 300 XCW - Plated
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. Its the life in your years -- Abraham Lincoln
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #18180
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,782
Not

new top end, scotts damper, mikumi pumper, Clarke dez tank, reinforced (harcus) dirt bags, pro moto billet tail rack, BD street kit, etc, etc... i got the bad end of the deal, but couldn't justify keeping a bike that was getting dusty. No sweat though cuz the BRP will do want i'm in to.

I'll be hitting the best twisties that CA has this weekend. eat your hearts out sucka's!
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015