ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #18241
salute
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
that was too easy - please contact Pluric to hash out details on the prize. He may honor the grandma gift certificate depending on his mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
Can i get a gift certificate that i can give to my grandma?

3832'25.05"N
10942'34.50"W
????

BR: My XR4 sold so fast cuz it was worth WAY more than I got w/ all its farkles.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #18242
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,151
Some of you may know, many of you do not, but our landlady is BSC, and we are finally about to escape. We close on a house tomorrow, and take possession monday, the 23rd. I am furiously packing, fixing, patching, painting and cussing. We struck a deal with her to give her $1500, our deposit forfeited and we never see her or this rathole again.
The fly in the ointment is that gives us a week to GTFO. If anyone is feeling generous with their time next week, I could use a hand all day every day of the week. We are a small house, but you know how garages are, etc.
We are only moving about a mile and a half, into a bigger place, and are mostly packed up.
I will do my best to buy wobbly pops, and have cool other beverages too.
Moving from Woods Cross to Bountiful.
Michael
Old 07-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #18243
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by salute View Post
that was too easy - please contact Pluric to hash out details on the prize. He may honor the grandma gift certificate depending on his mood.
Going to be a very mushy ride. At least a grandma would know what to expect.
pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #18244
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post
Some of you may know, many of you do not, but our landlady is BSC, and we are finally about to escape. We close on a house tomorrow, and take possession monday, the 23rd. I am furiously packing, fixing, patching, painting and cussing. We struck a deal with her to give her $1500, our deposit forfeited and we never see her or this rathole again.
The fly in the ointment is that gives us a week to GTFO. If anyone is feeling generous with their time next week, I could use a hand all day every day of the week. We are a small house, but you know how garages are, etc.
We are only moving about a mile and a half, into a bigger place, and are mostly packed up.
I will do my best to buy wobbly pops, and have cool other beverages too.
Moving from Woods Cross to Bountiful.
Michael
I've got a trailer? Labor would be a bitch.... work is really busy right now. Money contribution
for a couple guys in front of Home Depot???
Old 07-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #18245
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I've got a trailer? Labor would be a bitch.... work is really busy right now. Money contribution
for a couple guys in front of Home Depot???
A trailer... hmm... I will PM you.
My wife's parents will be here for the week, and I will get a bunch of help from them, my own mother is in town too, so that helps. We aren't truly hurting for help yet, but if it comes down to it, I will definitely hit up the Home Depot.
I always think of the commercials they used to run where the guy says "You can do it, we can help". I am pretty sure the "we" in that sentence is the guys standing out front of Home Depot.
We haven't got a lot of furniture either, so that's a blessing. A fridge, a couch, a stove, a bed and a futon round out the big stuff. But, I do have some garage cabinets, tools, heavy things that make noise, etc.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #18246
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 866
I must be right down the street. I'm booked next week trying to get two bikes ready for the TOI, but if you are in a bind and need a couple of hours of help and a van, let me know. I can jump in.

eight oh won five ate oh five seven oh for

-Phil
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #18247
Trailtwister
To the peak!

Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrShootr View Post
How in the hell did you sell it that fast an for that much money? O_o
Throw-ins ... Goat cheese, chicken eggs, fresh peas and carrots...
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #18248
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,688
Not

new top end, scotts damper, mikumi pumper, Clarke dez tank, reinforced (harcus) dirt bags, pro moto billet tail rack, BD street kit, etc, etc... i got the bad end of the deal, but couldn't justify keeping a bike that was getting dusty. No sweat though cuz the BRP will do want i'm in to.

I'll be hitting the best twisties that CA has this weekend. eat your hearts out sucka's!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #18249
RiverRatRider13
Motorcycle Chum

Oddometer: 335
Want to camp this weekend

I was hoping to do some truck camping this weekend with the dirtbike. I was wondering if you guys could give me a suggestion on a fun place to go? I have only been here for a few months and have only rode the bountiful trails and American fork.

I was planning on camping at AF but I have heard its a zoo on the weekends. I was at in and out the other day and a kid told me there was an awesome place to ride some where east of brigham city, does anyone know this spot and if I can camp there?

I would like to stay in the mtns heat wise. Would be sweet if there was a place with a lake so I could swim and fish. I don't need any amenities. Just nice place to drive my truck to, put up my tent, and rip around on the dirtbike.
RiverRatRider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #18250
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRatRider13 View Post
I was hoping to do some truck camping this weekend with the dirtbike. I was wondering if you guys could give me a suggestion on a fun place to go? I have only been here for a few months and have only rode the bountiful trails and American fork.

I was planning on camping at AF but I have heard its a zoo on the weekends. I was at in and out the other day and a kid told me there was an awesome place to ride some where east of brigham city, does anyone know this spot and if I can camp there?

I would like to stay in the mtns heat wise. Would be sweet if there was a place with a lake so I could swim and fish. I don't need any amenities. Just nice place to drive my truck to, put up my tent, and rip around on the dirtbike.
Strawberry.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #18251
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Strawberry.
Or up above Logan. Take Logan Canyon to the top. At the summit there is a dirt road that goes off to the right. Follow that for a few miles and find a place to camp off one of the side roads. Lots of good riding from mellow roads to single track. It will be about 20 degrees cooler up there.
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #18252
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRatRider13 View Post
I
Mirror Lake highway out of Kamas is close. Legal camping and several trails.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:09 AM   #18253
RiverRatRider13
Motorcycle Chum

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I haven't heard about the Logan trails. Strawberry I have heard of though. Some one told me past kamas they were shutting down a lot of trails. I hit rt35 a lot on my street bike!

I think the one that kid was telling me about was mantua trails. I have heard great things about strawberry though. Maybe that will be the spot. Isn't it near Heber? I really appreciate all the input guys.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #18254
RiverRatRider13
Motorcycle Chum

How about Hobble creek? Is there a place I can truck camp there?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #18255
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,743
http://www.utah.com/offroad/index.htm?skipmobile=yes
frog is offline   Reply With Quote