ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #18376
Ryman
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 768
Make a homemade giant loop using an old pair of jeans by tying a knot in the legs, and get a milk crate.
I think pluric is a distributor for the milk crates.
__________________

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #18377
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKEY View Post

Ultimately, I feel the bike is ready to do a serious ride and I'm excited about it. It'll never be a race bike, nor does it handle superbly, nor is it particualrly light or nimble, nor is it a powerhouse like the 600s were, but I think it will be reliable and hecka fun...which is what is important to me.
Awesome. I dig that old bike.
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #18378
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
Make a homemade giant loop using an old pair of jeans by tying a knot in the legs, and get a milk crate.
I think pluric is a distributor for the milk crates.
How many do you need?


pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #18379
dentedvw
Where did I put that
 
dentedvw's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: ☼SLC-ish☼
Oddometer: 2,151
I didn't hear from anyone, so I rode solo up to Francis peak, searching for the elusive back way into Morgan. Still doesn't exist, unless you are a mountain goat.
I wished that the Farmington Canyon road was open, but I guess I will get to try it out next year... maybe.
__________________
"Even though my trip turned out badly, I don't regret the kind of life I chose to live. Adventure!" RIP-Clay Schwartz 9/14/07
The bike never has been, never is, and never will be the limiting factor in my, your, or anyone else's ability to have an adventure. -jake28-
dentedvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #18380
trackhead
Utard Wankster
 
trackhead's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Transient
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post
I didn't hear from anyone, so I rode solo up to Francis peak, searching for the elusive back way into Morgan. Still doesn't exist, unless you are a mountain goat.
I wished that the Farmington Canyon road was open, but I guess I will get to try it out next year... maybe.
I don't think there is any legal route to Morgan that doesn't cross private land.
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #18381
dentedvw
Where did I put that
 
dentedvw's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: ☼SLC-ish☼
Oddometer: 2,151
So it seems. I had a nice ride though, stayed out of trouble.
__________________
"Even though my trip turned out badly, I don't regret the kind of life I chose to live. Adventure!" RIP-Clay Schwartz 9/14/07
The bike never has been, never is, and never will be the limiting factor in my, your, or anyone else's ability to have an adventure. -jake28-
dentedvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #18382
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,068
Bump. dentedvw is quite the thread killer.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #18383
KMC1
There is no spoon.
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Greater SLC
Oddometer: 2,321
I'm thinking about taking a trip down to Moab this coming weekend (8/17) to do some offroad exploring on Saturday, and then possibly on Sunday in the am before heading back up to SLC. I'm wondering if anyone else feels like meeting up and checking it out together. I'm thinking about getting a hotel room, could possibly camp though if that makes the most sense.

My offroad skill level is NOT advanced so the bulk of the riding will be beginner to intermediate - I'm not looking to be hucking off 30' drops (although I could do one, once ) or anything like that.

I do not know the trail system well enough to be a very good guide, so it would be great to get a few regulars together and just get out and have a good time. Also, if the weather ends up being sucky, I'd rather postpone it...the last time I went down there it was 45 and pouring rain and truthfully that is a weekend I'd rather forget! Don't want to do that again....

I'll be on a KTM 530.
__________________
Obama says adding $4 trillion to debt is unpatriotic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kuTG19Cu_Q&sns=em

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #18384
harcus
Beastly Adventurer
 
harcus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Edge of the Wasatch
Oddometer: 1,308
Tour of Idaho, Adultrated

I am sure many of you will want a copy of this to put over the pics of Pluric...




Go to this thread to see the story...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816967
__________________
Want Creative Adventure Products? - See Globetrottin.com

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga

harcus screwed with this post 08-13-2012 at 07:24 AM
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #18385
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,694
onion creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
I'm thinking about taking a trip down to Moab this coming weekend (8/17) to do some offroad exploring on Saturday, and then possibly on Sunday in the am before heading back up to SLC. I'm wondering if anyone else feels like meeting up and checking it out together. I'm thinking about getting a hotel room, could possibly camp though if that makes the most sense.

My offroad skill level is NOT advanced so the bulk of the riding will be beginner to intermediate - I'm not looking to be hucking off 30' drops (although I could do one, once ) or anything like that.

I do not know the trail system well enough to be a very good guide, so it would be great to get a few regulars together and just get out and have a good time. Also, if the weather ends up being sucky, I'd rather postpone it...the last time I went down there it was 45 and pouring rain and truthfully that is a weekend I'd rather forget! Don't want to do that again....

I'll be on a KTM 530.
Onion creek near Fisher towers is super easy and even more scenic... You can take that section of koko all the way back to sand flat rd... Also on that bike go ride hells revenge! Looks scary but is quite tame.
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #18386
The Walrus
Gone and back again.
 
The Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Never Banned
Oddometer: 8,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
Onion creek near Fisher towers is super easy and even more scenic... You can take that section of koko all the way back to sand flat rd... Also on that bike go ride hells revenge! Looks scary but is quite tame.
Izat why you sent me to Onion Creek while you took TTwister into frame scrape heaven....
__________________
Everbody's preachin' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
I wanna be skinny, but my ass is too big. - Charles Barkley
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #18387
HickOnACrick
Groovinator
 
HickOnACrick's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Utarded in Lubbuttock
Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
I am sure many of you will want a copy of this to put over the pics of Pluric. Go to this thread to see the story...




This post sucks without a link
__________________
KTM 500 XCW, BMW K1600GTL
950 SER 300 XC
Composites 101
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #18388
Ryman
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
This post sucks without a link
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816967
__________________

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #18389
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer
 
pluric's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake
Oddometer: 16,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
I am sure many of you will want a copy of this to put over the pics of Pluric. Go to this thread to see the story...



Praying that thing won't break down works better on both knees. Just sayn'
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #18390
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,694
Wednesday anyone?

I think I'll be taking the BRP out on Wed... not sure where yet. Call in sick! I've got to be back around 3-4ish.

Do the roads go through from Avon to Porcupine Res to Ant Flat rd?
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)

GISkev screwed with this post 08-13-2012 at 03:14 PM
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014