ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #18526
VitSports6
Gnarly Adventurer
 
VitSports6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Taylorsville
Oddometer: 175
You tried to help, Thar counts :)

Love the pic's! oh and Land Cruisers
__________________
Have Fun!
Brian
VitSports6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #18527
Kanook
Adventure zymologist
 
Kanook's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1one View Post

Lets ride again. ate owe won - sex saven tree won sex ate tree -Dan
Huh? You won a tree and then had sex with it and then ate it.
__________________
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=766871
'05 450X
'12 Tiger 800xc
'71 SL100 custom
'65 cb160
Kanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #18528
z987k
Beastly Adventurer
 
z987k's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Girdwood, AK
Oddometer: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanook View Post
Huh? You won a tree and then had sex with it and then ate it.
tree fife niner
z987k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #18529
stuckinUT
I Wanna Ride!
 
stuckinUT's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Heber City,Utah
Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanook View Post
Huh? You won a tree and then had sex with it and then ate it.
That made my night,
__________________
03' DR650-the mule
06' KTM 450 SMR
6D Helmets, 100% Goggles, MVD Racewear, Alpinestars, Warp 9, Beringer Brakes, Pro Circuit
stuckinUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #18530
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,686
ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinUT View Post
That made my night,
o
tree huggererers unite!
l

20 mile pedal singel track today was enough to get you into shape for serious rides... You don't pull 300 a day agro on a moto if you can't 10 or 20 on foot or a pedal bike!

and youtube freeride at the canyons ski resort!!!! ... gravity is the engine, so you have a 35 lb bike capable of ludicrousness that i'm a bit too old except i do own armour so... Race engine? Gravity. It's not the same as desert exploration, but neat stuff if you're not concernced about going to the ER.
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)

GISkev screwed with this post 08-26-2012 at 09:35 PM
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:46 AM   #18531
Ryman
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
o
tree huggererers unite!
l

20 mile pedal singel track today was enough to get you into shape for serious rides... You don't pull 300 a day agro on a moto if you can't 10 or 20 on foot or a pedal bike!

and youtube freeride at the canyons ski resort!!!! ... gravity is the engine, so you have a 35 lb bike capable of ludicrousness that i'm a bit too old except i do own armour so... Race engine? Gravity. It's not the same as desert exploration, but neat stuff if you're not concernced about going to the ER.

Dude. That was an awesome ride! I was totally in survival mode about the last three miles. I'm definitely going back to ride the lifts.
__________________

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:09 AM   #18532
mknight
Gnarly Adventurer
 
mknight's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Harrisville, Utah
Oddometer: 345
For anyone that likes the west desert, or fast, dusty, traditional desert racing, there was a good one in Wendover Saturday. My two youngest boys did the mini race and my oldest son held off on racing (too much at risk for the ISDE in Germany next month), but he did do some training riding and some filiming.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOkRJ4MNla4&feature=plcp
__________________
Thanks to all who helped support Josh in his effort to represent Team USA in Italy at the ISDE in 2013 and Germany in 2012.
mknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #18533
HickOnACrick
Groovinator
 
HickOnACrick's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Utarded in Lubbuttock
Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
Dude. That was an awesome ride! I was totally in survival mode about the last three miles. I'm definitely going back to ride the lifts.
Man I am trying to get in some sort of shape for hanging with you guys, and am not scared about spinning pedals, but that downhill mtn biking is freaking dangerous as hell...so when are we going?
__________________
KTM 500 XCW, BMW K1600GTL
950 SER 300 XC
Composites 101
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #18534
Ryman
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
Man I am trying to get in some sort of shape for hanging with you guys, and am not scared about spinning pedals, but that downhill mtn biking is freaking dangerous as hell...so when are we going?
I had a chance yesterday to rap with Kev and we both have a pass on Sept. 15,16,17. We will busy between now and then planning a moto ride. We are thinking a long desert style ride. Apparently there is a new Utah atlas out that has some new roads and stuff. Not sure if we can squeeze in some mtb during your visit, but maybe. I think your new 500 will roll nicely with me and Kev on the big thumpers. Hope this is what you have in mind.

Yo
__________________

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #18535
fano
here and there
 
fano's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Salt Lake City UT
Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
I will be back in Utardia Sep 9th-ish. Other than riding with Ryman, I have nothing planned and should be around for about 10 days.
If you would want to do a day trip to west desert or something, let me know.
__________________
Fano

05 KTM 450 MXC , 01 Triumph Tiger 955i
04 KTM 950 ADV , 00 Husaberg 501FE
04 GasGas TXT300 PRO , 70 Jawa 250

fano screwed with this post 08-28-2012 at 07:32 AM
fano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #18536
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Park City, Utah
Oddometer: 1,238
Also in for 15-17 too...
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #18537
STARSKEY
Wandering Soul
 
STARSKEY's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Clinton, UT
Oddometer: 339
Sunday ride

Just hung some Wolfman luggage on the XL500S and I'm going to go give it the "shake down" test run on Sunday. Plan on slabbing up Monte Cristo way, then cutting across the backroads to Bear Lake via the northern-most section of the UTBDR route then back via that route/Hardware Ranch/something else depending on time/fuel/attitude.

I'd enjoy company if anyone wants to come along.
__________________
But, but, but........but helmet hair IS a fashionable hairstyle!
STARSKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #18538
YOGOI
Prick
 
YOGOI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Logan, Utah
Oddometer: 3,450
Big sky xc

2nd year for me at Big Sky. It was another dusty day of torture this year. I joined the A riders this year, so that I could see the whole coarse. The coarse won. There were some big names in the PRO class. Lets just say, you knew to get out of the way when the top runners were approach'n.

http://youtu.be/gzr2WAa4Xfs

Thats me pick'n myself off the ground at 12:20.
I look like I know what I'm do'n at 2:10 and 3:04.
__________________
Any bike can be taken off road. The question is; How much fun did you have doing it?

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #18539
YOGOI
Prick
 
YOGOI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Logan, Utah
Oddometer: 3,450
Great Vid.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mknight View Post
For anyone that likes the west desert, or fast, dusty, traditional desert racing, there was a good one in Wendover Saturday. My two youngest boys did the mini race and my oldest son held off on racing (too much at risk for the ISDE in Germany next month), but he did do some training riding and some filiming.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOkRJ4MNla4&feature=plcp
__________________
Any bike can be taken off road. The question is; How much fun did you have doing it?

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #18540
GISkev
wwfsmd?
 
GISkev's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: UT
Oddometer: 1,686
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogoi View Post
great vid.
+1
__________________
Merge w the traffic, but don't go w the flow!

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014