ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2009, 07:32 AM   #1861
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkclmbr24
Well alrighty then... who's riding big bikes today?????????
How about we meet at 10AM at the gas station west of i-15 on 123rd south? Unless you can think of a better spot (quicker route) to meet to go to 5 mile from.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:36 AM   #1862
rkclmbr24
CARNIVOROUS VEGAN

Oddometer: 376
Sounds good!!! How long are planning on riding today??

WARNING: MOUTH OPERATES FASTER THAN BRAIN!
rkclmbr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:38 AM   #1863
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,912
Sorry, I'm doing yesterdays Honey-doo today. Have fun!
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:45 AM   #1864
BrShootr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkclmbr24
Sounds good!!! How long are planning on riding today??

No idea. We can decide once we're there. Maybe coming back mid to early afternoon?
Old 03-15-2009, 08:04 AM   #1865
rkclmbr24
CARNIVOROUS VEGAN

Oddometer: 376
Okay. I will be there.

WARNING: MOUTH OPERATES FASTER THAN BRAIN!
rkclmbr24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:09 AM   #1866
Roostre
Discombobulated

Oddometer: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric
Sorry we missed you. I guess you have to be a cross-dresser to get
any attention around here. Didn't see Frog either.
Maybe next time...

My wife ran beginner women class and finished 2 loops!

Frog was nice enough to help me push my bike back from Tech to my pit after it would'nt start... The slide/needle holder had come apart, so I was tearing the top off my carb just before the start-not good! More problems later in the race when the throttle stuck WFO in a long stretch of sand whoops! I still don't know how I managed not to crash and burn, but I lost all confidence in my bike at that point. I guess I will tear it down and see if there is a better way to set it up.

Wish I could go for a ride today too, but honey does have me for the next few days. (Not to mention bike clean-up/maint/prep...) Have fun!
Roostre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:25 AM   #1867
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric
Infidel showed up in his Adult "Onesie". Kind of a
new wave leisure suit.

Damned, and I thought that 5 lbs of winter weight gain weren't showing.....I really need to get into a gym.......

Roostre, how did we not know you were racing ??????

Somehow I got the message you couldn't make this race........are you going to the next in the series? And BTW, tell your wife she can probably borrow the pink skirt to give to the guys she beat.......
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:29 AM   #1868
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

So while we waited for BrShootr to pull a no-show.......the PeeYaller V-Strom riders stood around admiring the two nice bikes......one with roundels and the other a nicely farkeled Big Orange......

We finally realized that somebody was busy being the little spoon and headed to Delta.....
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #1869
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Upon arrival (and after the saga of the dueling GPS systems.....), it was pretty easy to find DG and fano in the crowd of bikes.....

I attempted to support fano and do some heavy lifting for him.......but I still need to get to the gym and could only get one foot off the ground.......

Old 03-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #1870
Roostre
Discombobulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel
Damned, and I thought that 5 lbs of winter weight gain weren't showing.....I really need to get into a gym.......

Roostre, how did we not know you were racing ??????

Somehow I got the message you couldn't make this race........are you going to the next in the series? And BTW, tell your wife she can probably borrow the pink skirt to give to the guys she beat.......
I had to miss St. George. My goal is to make the rest of the races this season, but I signed up to work the April 18th race.

My wife was just happy to finish! She did beat my 11 year old nephew by a good margin!

Kudos to Fano for being man enough to pay up! I don't mind losing to a guy like that at ALL!
Old 03-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #1871
Roostre
Discombobulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel
Upon arrival (and after the saga of the dueling GPS systems.....), it was pretty easy to find DG and fano in the crowd of bikes.....

I attempted to support fano and do some heavy lifting for him.......but I still need to get to the gym and could only get one foot off the ground.......

I bet he could have used your help more after the race!
Old 03-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #1872
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostre
I had to miss St. George. My goal is to make the rest of the races this season, but I signed up to work the April 18th race.

My wife was just happy to finish! She did beat my 11 year old nephew by a good margin!

Kudos to Fano for being man enough to pay up! I don't mind losing to a guy like that at ALL!
Roger that.........we are all huge fans of fano.....some of us are huger than others.............

Since harcus did the high-rez shot to perfection, I ran the video of the start...enjoy.......

The Walrus screwed with this post 03-15-2009 at 09:32 AM
Old 03-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #1873
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

There was a big contingent of folks from this site.....frog was out doing his thing and I stumbled across his first pit stop where they worked on the bike for a few minutes......

I also talked to the guys from rensportguy's group......which is where I got the roundel Koolaid................thanks guys.....I'm looking forward to the AMA's.....call me.........

And a big shout out to the USRA who put on a well prepared race.......I shuddered to watch the bikes come through the torture section, that had to be a bike and bone crushing section to navigate.....
Old 03-15-2009, 08:57 AM   #1874
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by fano
Thanks to everyone for the support today. It was a blast. I had a great time out there. Loved the race - sand, woops, water, mud and then more water and mud. I think I am done with the skirt for now because Dumbgirl couldn't suit up today, so I guess I didn't lose I can't wait for the next one.

Nice job Fano. I've been smiling and laugh'n for the last 30min. You sure are a sexy bitch. Wish I could have made it down to join in the fun.

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #1875
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

[QUOTE=fano]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog
Psst! Maybe people will not notice. I will just try to blend in.