ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #18781
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
This is the tune on my alarm clock when I'm going riding. Turn up the musix! (hopefully it wont' get blocked for copyright bs)

Very nice. I'm glad you didn't need Ring of Fire for the sound track.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #18782
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
Six Days sounds just about right to me other than having to keep up with the youngsters!

Here's what I did today. Tied a brand new clutch cable thats sealed up on both ends to the existing one for a 3 minute swap if ever needed in the dez...

I had one on there already, but i was replacing the existing cable that was in bad shape and found that my replacement that i'd been toting around is for an xr650L, so if anyone needs one let me know.

By the way, the other thingy enshrouded in zip tie art is my choke for the Mikuni pumper if you were wondering.

-------------Anyone want to ride the Silver Island Mtns tomorrow? (hint: North of Bonneville Salt Flats)
Are you at all worried about the vibe of these soft metal parts against one another? I'd hate to see your replacement part destroy both sets.

Great Vid by the way!
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #18783
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilo View Post
Mike Knight's (ADV: mknight) 17 year old son Josh just finished the ISDE in Germanywith a silver medal. Not sure if anyone knows much about the ISDE but it is the Dakar of enduro/off-road types. Definitely the top the world's off-road riders. Big up for a local Utah rider and his supportive family.

Thread starts here

I can't even imagine how hard that would be....
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #18784
Aventeren
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Question SLC/Ogden ADVers: Temporarily in Ogden, Need Garage for Mexico/Cent. Am Trip

Howdy--

I had posted this in "The Rockies" forum, however Frog suggested that I might have better luck if I posted this thread here in the Utards sub-forum. Thanks to Frog for the suggestion.

My wife and I are currently living at the base of Canyon Rd in Ogden, where we are shacked up through November 3rd for her Physician's Assistant operating room rotation at McKay Dee Hospital.

Our next rotation is up to Pocatello, ID on November 4th, however instead of going together, I bought a 2002 1150 GS Adventure that I'm going to ride down to Mexico and Central America and back from November 4th through mid-January-ish. (I have a job where all I need is WiFi and a cell phone signal).

As you might well imagine, I've lost my garage. I have the bulk of my tools with me, however.

I am looking for a local ADVer who would be willing to let me use their garage to work on my bike before I leave in a few weeks. My tasks will be to change my oil, bleed my brakes, sync my throttle bodies, adjust my valves, possibly replace my clutch slave cylinder (my fluid is starting to look dirty, which is the sign) and troubleshoot my LH turn switch that is currently not working.

In exchange, I can help with valve adjustments, fluid and filter changes, FD rebuilds (I just did mine), fuel pump swaps, alternator belt changes, HES changes, throttle body synch (I have a Carbtune from Beemerboneyard), etc. I'm not a wizard by any means, but I've done all of the above items on my bike, and I can certainly help you on your bike (assuming you have an R series BMW bike that I understand--or another bike that you just need a hand with).

I know that this is a strange and unusual request, but I figured what the hell, as I have been consistently blown away by the generosity of the ADV community.

To be clear, I'm not asking for help on the work. More than anything I just need a roof over my head, power and lights. If you have a hand to offer, cool--but more than anything I'm just looking for a place to do some work for a few days/nights.

In exchange, I can help you with your bike maintenance if you need a hand.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks a ton,

Mike
Aventeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #18785
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,684
shop space

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCinPDX View Post
I've lost my garage.

Thanks a ton,

Mike
I've got a shop you can use, but I don't need any work done on my bike! Check your pms.

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #18786
RetrogradE
Banned

Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCinPDX View Post
Howdy--

I had posted this in "The Rockies" forum, however Frog suggested that I might have better luck if I posted this thread here in the Utards sub-forum. Thanks to Frog for the suggestion.

My wife and I are currently living at the base of Canyon Rd in Ogden, where we are shacked up through November 3rd for her Physician's Assistant operating room rotation at McKay Dee Hospital.

Our next rotation is up to Pocatello, ID on November 4th, however instead of going together, I bought a 2002 1150 GS Adventure that I'm going to ride down to Mexico and Central America and back from November 4th through mid-January-ish. (I have a job where all I need is WiFi and a cell phone signal).

As you might well imagine, I've lost my garage. I have the bulk of my tools with me, however.

I am looking for a local ADVer who would be willing to let me use their garage to work on my bike before I leave in a few weeks. My tasks will be to change my oil, bleed my brakes, sync my throttle bodies, adjust my valves, possibly replace my clutch slave cylinder (my fluid is starting to look dirty, which is the sign) and troubleshoot my LH turn switch that is currently not working.

In exchange, I can help with valve adjustments, fluid and filter changes, FD rebuilds (I just did mine), fuel pump swaps, alternator belt changes, HES changes, throttle body synch (I have a Carbtune from Beemerboneyard), etc. I'm not a wizard by any means, but I've done all of the above items on my bike, and I can certainly help you on your bike (assuming you have an R series BMW bike that I understand--or another bike that you just need a hand with).

I know that this is a strange and unusual request, but I figured what the hell, as I have been consistently blown away by the generosity of the ADV community.

To be clear, I'm not asking for help on the work. More than anything I just need a roof over my head, power and lights. If you have a hand to offer, cool--but more than anything I'm just looking for a place to do some work for a few days/nights.

In exchange, I can help you with your bike maintenance if you need a hand.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks a ton,

Mike

Mike,

You're welcome to my garage anytime. I'm in Bountiful.

I don't need any work done on my stuff either, but you're welcome to my tools (including a homemade manometer), etc. Basically, only my wife is off-limits.

PM me if you're interested.

Steven
RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #18787
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradE View Post
Mike,

You're welcome to my garage anytime. I'm in Bountiful.

I don't need any work done on my stuff either, but you're welcome to my tools (including a homemade manometer), etc. Basically, only my wife is off-limits.

PM me if you're interested.

Steven
Kid pimper.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #18788
RetrogradE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Kid pimper.
Kid pimper?

That makes no sense.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #18789
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Kid pimper?

That makes no sense.
I seldom do.

I'm typing this r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w for you. If your wife is the only
thing off limits that leaves.....
Old 10-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #18790
RetrogradE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
I seldom do.

I'm typing this r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w for you. If your wife is the only
thing off limits that leaves.....
Oh geez, you're sick. Why would you even think such a thing? My kids are off-limits, too, but that goes without saying.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #18791
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 760
I'll take the cat.

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #18792
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Oh geez, you're sick. Why would you even think such a thing? My kids are off-limits, too, but that goes without saying.

four days on the road with me and you never figured that out? And I thought Walrus was the slow one.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #18793
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
I'll take the cat.
Wrong pussy, it really is a cat. Good luck with that.

I hear cat scratch fever is the worse. I also hope you are clean.
They just bairly contained the outbreak of Vernal-airial disease.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #18794
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 760
Meow. ;-)

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #18795
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,684
word

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
Are you at all worried about the vibe of these soft metal parts against one another? I'd hate to see your replacement part destroy both sets.

Great Vid by the way!
Good catch, thanks. Maybe i'll wrap 'em with squishy.

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote