ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #18826
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
Cool bike. Dig the fuel capacity the most. It would be fun to have a fuel injected bike that gets 50mpg with 8-9 gallons of fuel on board. You could do two day rides and not have the gas station handicap. That's always been my dream. Ride for two-three days, see nobody, avoid stuff on purpose.
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #18827
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediumDriver View Post
Hi All,

On the advice of a regular poster, I just wanted to put a post in here saying that I am coming to Utah to ride late Oct/Nov, and would be keen to meet up with some people wherever there is some good riding and camping. I'll have a tent trailer with me, so I'm portable.

I missed out riding Utah two years ago with the weather and had to go straight to AZ, but am planning on being in the State for a good bit this trip. I ride a Ktm250XC, have trials tires and knobbies, and am up for pretty much anything anyone wants to do.

Sorry to poach your thread, but send me a PM if you're interested and able to get out and do some riding!

graham
You look'n to be in northern (mnt) or southern (Desert/moab) Utah?

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #18828
MediumDriver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGOI View Post
You look'n to be in northern (mnt) or southern (Desert/moab) Utah?
I'm open for anything and am happy to be in the State for a while... The bike is mainly set up for tighter trails, not wide open desert stuff, but if there are good things to ride in the desert I can work on that.

g
MediumDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #18829
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,654
anything?

street legal? i've hooked many a off road miles with a few miles of slab to hook em up... adventure begins where pavement might be required to get gas (although many backwater (backsand?) town in UT allow atv's etc on the roads w/o issue.

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #18830
MediumDriver
Adventurer

Unfortunately it's not plated, no. We don't really have to worry about that here, and it's a 2T... I don't mind risking a ticket though for a couple miles of pavement... ;-)

g
Old 10-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #18831
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,212
Best stuff will be the north of Utah and park/trailer off Kane Creek Road. They ticket in Moab without plates. Good fun day trip stuff, will be fun. Likely good amounts of riders when down there too, just FYI..
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #18832
MediumDriver
Adventurer

Thanks Diesel.

I will look into Kane and see what is available.

I will be riding in Park City as well, you live there?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #18833
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,212
I do.. I don't ride around here much (nor is there much to ride, moto at least) but there is great stuff in the Uintas near by. Definitely feel free to PM me if you'd like to meet up...
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #18834
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Thanks Diesel.

I live over in Heber about 20 min from park city. If you head over this way pm me.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #18835
mknight
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Thanks Diesel.

Hey, for the record fellow Utards, I was the one who recommended Medium Driver to post here in the Utards regional forum. I met Graham in Germany week before last while there supporting my son as he rode the ISDE for Team USA. He (Medium Driver) was there in support of some of his friends on the Canadian ISDE Team.

Many of you followed that thread, and I thought this would be a great way to show him some of the Utah awesomeness. My schedule is pretty tight through the rest of the month so I was hoping some of you might be able to show him around.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #18836
MediumDriver
Adventurer

Thanks Mike,

It seems like a couple of plans are starting to come together which is great. Hoping to spend a good deal of time in Utah...

Speaking of ISDE, here are some of my shots from it (Promise I will get to finding the ones of Josh, just have not had the time prepping for this trip): http://www.flickr.com/photos/vertica...7631659732388/

Really looking forward to arriving in Utah, and the weather seems to be looking good for a good while yet.

Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.

g
Old 10-09-2012, 07:48 PM   #18837
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,446
Quote:
I'm open for anything and am happy to be in the State for a while... The bike is mainly set up for tighter trails, not wide open desert stuff, but if there are good things to ride in the desert I can work on that.

g
Well it sounds we should be able to get you sorted out. I'm at the very north end of the state. If weather allows we'll have a good time on single track on our 250's. I have a guest room that you are welcome to. If its too cold or snowy, you can head further south to Frog's land. If it's still to cold or snowy we'll be able to get you set up om some great desert trails further south.

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #18838
MediumDriver
Adventurer

Thank you, PM sent your way.

See you soon!

g
Old 10-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #18839
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,179
Hey, any of you perverts up for riding Saturday?

Ideally I'd be looking to do something starting in the morning, and within a couple hours of SLC that's nice scenic riding. I'm not a great dirt rider (although the bike is pretty much AWESOME) but can do most "normal" stuff without too much drama. Single track is fine, as long as we don't get too crazy - Just don't put me on a smooth fire road with little tiny ruts in it....... oh, or deep sand.

I can carry my bike on my car, or pull someone's trailer if we wanted to car pool and take a couple bikes to a trail head or whatever.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #18840
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,654
Tool loan?

Anyone have an electrical wire fishing thingy I could borrow for a couple weeks? I'm talking about the thing to help pull wires through conduit.

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote