ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #18946
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
I could meet you along the route. Been thinking of getting some SM wheels for the SE making it an SE/ADV/SM/ST

Actually,

Now that I will be traveling back and forth to TN on a regular basis, I am considering a sport-touring motorcycle. I test rode a Honda ST1300, an FJR 1300, and also a 1600 Gold Wing. By far, I liked the Honda ST the best. I hated the Gold Wing, although it handled amazingly well.

What I liked about the ST was linear power, good wind protection, decent handling, and less vibration cruising at 80 mph than even the Gold Wing.

Any of you bitches have lots of miles on different sport tourers that can throw a dog in this fight?
I have 72,16xx miles on my 03 ST1300 with 1 warranty issue. It handles like a big CBR, 45 mpg lifetime avg, zero maintenance. Every once in a while I think I ought to sell it but then I get on it & that smooth V4 makes me recant. For long rides, an Airhawk is your friend. No chicken strips on this bird...

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #18947
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 806
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...=10&search=ktm

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #18948
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
......I think he's motivated.....that's a great list of accessories on a low mileage bike......he started at $7900 6 weeks ago....

Roadwarriors......just sold the K1200RS in August.....low miles and nicely farkled.....but it earned me my first speeding ticket in the past 35 years.....and you can only ride one bike at a time......so move along little doggie.....I expect to run the GS in road mode for now......

That Copper Canyon route can be easily trimmed to something like this: http://goo.gl/maps/3gxUB

The initial route was more of a friends and family tour for me.....
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #18949
pluric
Banned

Oddometer: 16,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
......I think he's motivated.....that's a great list of accessories on a low mileage bike......he started at $7900 6 weeks ago....

Roadwarriors......just sold the K1200RS in August.....low miles and nicely farkled.....but it earned me my first speeding ticket in the past 35 years.....and you can only ride one bike at a time......so move along little doggie.....I expect to run the GS in road mode for now......

That Copper Canyon route can be easily trimmed to something like this: http://goo.gl/maps/3gxUB

Oh I get it. You'll sleep with me but I'm not family.
I feel so cheap and used. (did you notice this emoticon is even named ken?)

pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #18950
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Oh I get it. You'll sleep with me but I'm not family.
I feel so cheap and used. (did you notice this emoticon is even named ken?)

You look like family to me....................
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #18951
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 806
Let the Dinos Die!

Glad to see Kev is coming to his senses!

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #18952
pluric
Banned

Quote:
You look like family to me....................
I thought you prefered brunettes?

Old 11-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #18953
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
If someone wants this: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838517 I am back and forth between TN, TX, and UT enough that I can help with transportation...if you don't mind waiting a bit.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #18954
a1one
a1one-numero uno-saucy

Oddometer: 302
Eh? Pos ktm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
If someone wants this: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838517 I am back and forth between TN, TX, and UT enough that I can help with transportation...if you don't mind waiting a bit.
It appears that guy will trade anything for that POS KTM, just saying. I think Kev would be better off putting 3000 dollars into his suspension!

a1one - 1 definition - numero uno. ... A1 Grand Prix · A1 Sauce · A1 Thick-N-Hearty NATIONWIDE·
a1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #18955
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,723
^^^ $3k suspension upgrade?!

DieselCruiserHead gave me the bro discount, so I just swapped bikes, I'm not spending any cash on the switch, much less $3k on suspension.

My impression riding for the day on the Fano Cherry Creek Special Loop, is that it's faster than my BRP, rides lighter than the XR400, and the suspension is reminiscent of back-country powder snowboarding. That being said, this isn't a stock bike. lots of performance mods by and among knowledgeable peeps. That being said, if I was choosing a bike for the 5 deserts tour that i did with Trackhead, I'd take the BRP without a second thought. I don't get the luxury to kill the big rides as often as days rides. Day rides... that's kinda funny to say, as a typical day ride for the hardcores on this site is like riding all week for the average rider I'd guess (at least the guys at my office that ride).......

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #18956
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,723
Paging Hick!

Hick! What do you think about boken kneecaps?! That's not a threat, on the super tour we did a month ago i re-broke my kneecap. The first time was skating a vert ramp a couple decades ago, and apparently it healed, but not solid enough to withstand a 30 mph collision with BRP handlebars, cuz its in 2 pieces again. It works fine, doesn't bug me a bit unless you press on it. I can ride, hike, run, etc w no issue. I've got that high deductable insurance thing, so figured i'd ask (and warn those who ride!) it's been set it and forget it, but i'm thinking just forget it, just don't kneel down on that one.

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #18957
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,311
Had an awesome day over at Kev's yesterday. Dropped off the bike and bs'd about the Ktms. I love that Kev is a convert.. I'd still take the ktm over my old brp tho I think.. Kev and celia randomly having a fresh duck lunch on a average afternoon over in the urban hiy farm.. :) completely awesome and I'll even post some pics... ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cycles South Vintage Moto Trek Movie - check out all 7 parts
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #18958
pluric
Banned

Had to check the thread title to be sure. Thought I'd clicked on Orange Crush. Phewww.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:33 AM   #18959
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
Hick! What do you think about boken kneecaps?! That's not a threat, on the super tour we did a month ago i re-broke my kneecap. The first time was skating a vert ramp a couple decades ago, and apparently it healed, but not solid enough to withstand a 30 mph collision with BRP handlebars, cuz its in 2 pieces again. It works fine, doesn't bug me a bit unless you press on it. I can ride, hike, run, etc w no issue. I've got that high deductable insurance thing, so figured i'd ask (and warn those who ride!) it's been set it and forget it, but i'm thinking just forget it, just don't kneel down on that one.
I had to do a little Dr. Googling because I AM A FUCKING BABY DOCTOR, NOT AN OLD MAN DOCTOR!!

Anyway, since you have full range of motion, i.e., were able to ride away from the BRP incident, I have to assume without the luxury of an Xray, that your patella, if fractured, is stable. In the case of a stable patella fracture, rest and immobilization are the recommendations - both of which I am certain you adhered to.

If you have lost some function or range of motion, it's probably worth an Xray to make sure it is a stable fracture.

Your welcome, that will be $625.00....or a night crashing on your couch.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #18960
Trailtwister
To the peak!

Oddometer: 467
Quote:

I know that guy Brian and the bike. I've ridden with hiim a few times - good dude, good bike, it has a BAGT (gas tank). I think he's moving away from the area soon.
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote