ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #18961
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickOnACrick View Post
If someone wants this: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838517 I am back and forth between TN, TX, and UT enough that I can help with transportation...if you don't mind waiting a bit.
Can you swing through Illinois and pick up this one too........?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836392

I think pluric is buying.......both of them.......he's going ORANGE......heard that the S10 is giving way to an 1190.......

Kev.....knee brace or sleeve....to keep that cap from drifting and let it mend.....you don't want inflammation, arthritis and a TKA in your future.....
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #18962
Trailtwister
To the peak!

Oddometer: 464
Quote:
I had to do a little Dr. Googling because I AM A FUCKING BABY DOCTOR, NOT AN OLD MAN DOCTOR!!

Anyway, since you have full range of motion, i.e., were able to ride away from the BRP incident, I have to assume without the luxury of an Xray, that your patella, if fractured, is stable. In the case of a stable patella fracture, rest and immobilization are the recommendations - both of which I am certain you adhered to.

If you have lost some function or range of motion, it's probably worth an Xray to make sure it is a stable fracture.

Your welcome, that will be $625.00....or a night crashing on your couch.

Kev-ster, if it's an annual deductible, you could save all your injuries from 2011 and 2012 , and then visit a buttload of old man doctors in early 2013.

BTW, any old man doctors out there, who like to ride tight-n-twisties? Harcus can strap the old man patches and splints to his 5-hunny luggage racks. Young, female old man doctors will be considered.
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #18963
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
Can you swing through Illinois and pick up this one too........?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836392

I think pluric is buying.......both of them.......he's going ORANGE......heard that the S10 is giving way to an 1190.......

Kev.....knee brace or sleeve....to keep that cap from drifting and let it mend.....you don't want inflammation, arthritis and a TKA in your future.....
I liked the Sellers comment "changed the oil every other day" WTF?

That new 1190 looks to be a real asskicker. I just don't know if will be my ass.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #18964
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

http://goo.gl/maps/rYYH5

Fuel consult requested.......does anyone know about Calleo, Ibapah or any other potential mogas nozzles (stations) on this route until it reaches Delta?

Snow coming Thursday eve............
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #18965
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,694
rest?!

Quote:
I AM A FUCKING BABY (fixt)

rest and immobilization are the recommendations - both of which I am certain you adhered to.

Your welcome, that will be $625.00....or a night crashing on your couch.

Rest/immobilization?! I just hiked Mt. Olympus w/o incident, it just doesn't like getting whacked.

$625 doesn't get you out of your debt for shop rental and my headlight

...and the $10k orange bike previously mentioned probably isn't as trick as the one i just swapped for. Thanks again DCH. Maybe i'll get to ride it again before the weather turns... maybe an afternoon at the B in the next few days.

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #18966
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
Took a huge wreck this afternoon w Fano and Kanook and Frog and a couple others, only 5 miles into the ride or so. Even rung my bell a little / definitely out of it for at least 20-30 minutes. Sore a **** on my whole left side and banged up. Had to bail a little early but Dustin and I still got in 60+ miles... Don't really remember the wreck or the 5-10 minutes after it at all. My thinking was part of it was maybe related to how I set up my handlebars (tall and as far forward as possible - definitely wrong for riding), part of it maybe related to the "squirrelly 08+ KTM" (basically a Fano quote). He got on it and wrecked in maybe 5 min when he rode it last week. I felt like I tuned a lot of that out but it (and worn ass tires, and maybe some other things) bit me in the ass today. Making me miss the old '02 already...

Cycles South Vintage Moto Trek Movie - check out all 7 parts

dieselcruiserhead screwed with this post 11-04-2012 at 04:58 PM
dieselcruiserhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #18967
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
Took a huge wreck this afternoon w Fano and Kanook and Frog and a couple others, only 5 miles into the ride or so. Even rung my bell a little / definitely out of it for at least 20-30 minutes. Sore a **** on my whole left side and banged up. Had to bail a little early but Dustin and I still got in 60+ miles... Don't really remember the wreck or the 5-10 minutes after it at all. My thinking was part of it was maybe related to how I set up my handlebars (tall and as far forward as possible - definitely wrong for riding), part of it maybe related to the "squirrelly 08+ KTM" (basically a Fano quote). He got on it and wrecked in maybe 5 min when he rode it last week. I felt like I tuned a lot of that out but it (and worn ass tires, and maybe some other things) bit me in the ass today. Making me miss the old '02 already...

Hmmm...Sorry to hear. I have seen a version of this movie. I am almost recovered. My problem was rooted in an excessively hi rate rear spring. One that I had left on from a certain "Utah tour". Crazy because it is a 30 minute job to change.

As they say..this too shall pass.

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #18968
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
http://goo.gl/maps/rYYH5

Fuel consult requested.......does anyone know about Calleo, Ibapah or any other potential mogas nozzles (stations) on this route until it reaches Delta?

Snow coming Thursday eve............
There was supposedly a new store / fuel station slightly south of the Ibapah trading post. No clue if it is still alive. Nothing before, nothing after till Wendover. Cedar Fort to Wendover has been done many times but the reserve lite does come on. The aux can will CYA.

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #18969
fano
here and there

Oddometer: 639
Quote:

I would call it gently put it on its side. Not even scratch on it.
Glad you are alright.

05 KTM 450 MXC , 01 Triumph Tiger 955i
04 KTM 950 ADV , 00 Husaberg 501FE
04 GasGas TXT300 PRO , 70 Jawa 250
fano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #18970
frog OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,747
Quote:

Glad you guys made it back. The 08 and newer bikes will steer with the front wheel instead of only the rear. Give it some time. Its a much better handling bike.

Speaking of bikes. Here is pilo's rave prep on my beat up 525.

It feels awesome. Thanks Pilo.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #18971
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,321
Quote:

Ouch! No pics of the carnage?

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #18972
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

24 hours of notice.......

Kickstand up for me at 09:30 for the BADB ride to Great Basin tomorrow morning. Diddling and dallying will be acceptable, as will adult beverages if you chose....in fact, you can be an adult or a child in your own mind both days.....or extend the trip through Thursday with an eye to the sky.....and that coming storm.

Carrying food and shelter for 1-2 nights....lemme know if you can go.....
Old 11-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #18973
warp9man
Gravel in my Travel

Oddometer: 570
KLR650 RIder needed to test some wheels

Hey Guys we just got some prtotype KLR650 Supermoto wheels that we need an adventuruos KLR rider to go out and thrash for us

any takers?
warp9man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #18974
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp9man View Post
Hey Guys we just got some prtotype KLR650 Supermoto wheels that we need an adventuruos KLR rider to go out and thrash for us

any takers?
I know a guy I will ask for you. Will put you guys in touch.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #18975
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp9man View Post

any takers?
Still waiting on the 950/990 wheelset
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote