ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #19906
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,010
Gents I have an issue I'm hoping I may luck out and get some help with. Tonight on a long ride out through Wyoming and Utah, one of the covers for my touratech zega side case went missing. What sucks even worse than losing it, is that I have a Trax bag attached to it, and I believe my collapsible fly rod and my set of flies is in it. I'm totally pissed at myself, since I obviously didnt have it closed properly.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to find a replacement cover without spending a fortune?

Also, I did go back and search for the cover (added 180 miles to my ride because of it - what can I say, I'm CHEAP! ) but it was not on the roadway - it's possible someone found it. If you happen to see an ad on KSL, craigslist, etc. please contact me.

Also, regarding the mirror lake pkwy - I have never seen so much game on the roadway on a stretch of road in my life. Seriously, if you go up there, be careful. I lost count after 32 because first I came upon a young buck mule deer standing dead center in the road, and not 2 miles later passed a full grown moose that was standing in the opposing lane

I think they're all coming onto the roadway to eat the grass shoots that are getting a head start on the edges of the road or something.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #19907
Skibikejunkie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
one of the covers for my touratech zega side case went missing. What sucks even worse than losing it, is that I have a Trax bag attached to it, and I believe my collapsible fly rod and my set of flies is in it.
Ouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
(added 180 miles to my ride because of it - what can I say, I'm CHEAP! )
Unless you're lighting cigars with $100 bills, 180 miles to try and recover several hundred dollars worth of lost gear is hardly cheap. I think any one of us would do the same.

I am sure you're realistic about the likelihood of recovery, but I'll keep my eyes open nonetheless.

'00 KLR 650 (Stella)
'05 Husky TC 250 plated (Marianne)
Skibikejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #19908
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,486
Bitches,

One of my riding buddies in lubbuttock is moving to Hawaii. He is a moto junkie and is selling everything off.

He has a 2009 R1200 GSA...lots of extras, only 9k miles...will take $12,500
He has a Super Enduro with 9k miles, Scott's stabilizer and BRP triple clamps...will take $8500.
Lastly, he has a KTM 690. He wants $6k.

I can probably help out with transportation and such if anyone is interested. The GSA is a smoking deal. Had I not just pulled the trigger on a GTL, I would be all over this bike.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #19909
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,600
Friday Hookey.

I'm going to sneak out to ride this afternoon... light bikes. Ride out from SLC over BCC to ride East of Heber.

Leaving around 1. Sneak out.
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #19910
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post
I'm going to sneak out to ride this afternoon... light bikes. Ride out from SLC over BCC to ride East of Heber.

Leaving around 1. Sneak out.
We all don't have government jobs. Paid my quarterly taxes today. You're welcome.
pluric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #19911
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,136
My bestest bud is on a several state tour, and he's going low dough. Running into some tire trouble, and we are on the hunt for a DOT type tire for an 18 rear wheel on a large DS bike. It's got to make it to mid/north California.
Can anyone help a friend of a Utard? I was trying to get a cheap Shinko in time, but it looks like there is no way. He's got to make it home in time for work Monday, therefore he's got to leave tomorrow morning.

We pay in cash, wobbly pops, high fives, or Terry Pratchett books. I can also paint you a picture of you riding a giraffe.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #19912
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

I'll look, but I think all I have are 17 inch KLR rears with good tread. How big of a DS is it?
Old 06-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #19913
pilo
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 833
I have a dunlop 908 with maybe 500 -1000 miles left on it. not much meat left on it, but with a light throttle hand it should make it unless you are on a 950 then you'll have about 35 miles on it (since it is impossible to ride a 950 with a light throttle hand).

In bountiful - free
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #19914
warp9man
Gravel in my Travel

Oddometer: 550
Re: Utards whos riding what

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post
My bestest bud is on a several state tour, and he's going low dough. Running into some tire trouble, and we are on the hunt for a DOT type tire for an 18 rear wheel on a large DS bike. It's got to make it to mid/north California.
Can anyone help a friend of a Utard? I was trying to get a cheap Shinko in time, but it looks like there is no way. He's got to make it home in time for work Monday, therefore he's got to leave tomorrow morning.

We pay in cash, wobbly pops, high fives, or Terry Pratchett books. I can also paint you a picture of you riding a giraffe.
Your in luck. Got a half used 908 for free. Or i just got a shinko 705 150x18 I was going to try myself that id sell you for what I just payed $89. I have a tire stack in my garage and my have more. I just wont be home for another 2 hours. Call me at 801 510 9193...kevin in layton
warp9man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #19915
warp9man
Gravel in my Travel

Oddometer: 550
I also have a shinko 700 18"x130 you can have. Maybe good for a 650 size bike
warp9man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #19916
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

All I've got are 17 inch. Sorry
Old 06-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #19917
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
All I've got are 17 inch. Sorry
That's the final straw....first you've got one.....then you come up short....again....

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #19918
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Old 06-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #19919
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Who ever taught you to photoshop needs to be punished......

Severely punished.......
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #19920
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibikejunkie View Post
Ouch.

Unless you're lighting cigars with $100 bills, 180 miles to try and recover several hundred dollars worth of lost gear is hardly cheap. I think any one of us would do the same.

I am sure you're realistic about the likelihood of recovery, but I'll keep my eyes open nonetheless.

Argh! $152 and a week to get here plus my bag and favorite fly fishing set up!!

NOT happy!!!!

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote